• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD250

That doesn't really mean anything, because one its someone elses story mode, and two characters strait up have changed outfits in model form that in story mode picture form

For example ,sean

another example that will problably happen C viper.
Sean aside, who else has appeared in a story mode wearing something different than what they had when they were added to the game? Guile had his airman's uniform in Charlie's story mode, Juri had her biker outfit in Cammy's and Guile's, Rog had his hood in Bison's, Ibuki had her schoolgirl outfit in Mika's, etc. I'm pretty sure most of these designs are meant to be "final", or close to it. Plus she has it on CFN too:

14_sakura01.jpg
(Notice how the uniform literally looks ill-fitting for her)

Village

Sean aside, who else has appeared in a story mode wearing something different than what they had when they were added to the game? Guile had his airman's uniform in Charlie's story mode, Juri had her biker outfit in Cammy's and Guile's, Rog had his hood in Bison's, Ibuki had her schoolgirl outfit in Mika's, etc. I'm pretty sure most of these designs are meant to be "final", or close to it. Plus she has it on CFN too:

(Notice how the uniform literally looks ill-fitting for her)

Guess he who has a different outfit on the CFN thing than in game

Akuma and Sean, everyone thought akuma was going to have that white hair and... nope.

And well, we all saw sean.

So yeah, means actually nothing and you are at the behest of whatever the design team decides is the best outfit.

MCD250

Guess he who has a different outfit on the CFN thing than in game

Akuma and Sean, everyone thought akuma was going to have that white hair and... nope.
He does have it. That's his alternate costume.

That Sean's 3D looks different than the story mode one doesn't change the fact that everyone else's looks the same

Village

He does have it. That's his alternate costume.

That Sean's 3D looks different than the story mode one doesn't change the fact that everyone else's looks the same

That version of akuma, before reveal did not exist on the site. And the white haired version did. so again, it doesn't mean anything. Also as Ryce mentioned it is not the same, I wish it was because it would look better, but its not

MCD250

It's not the same as his alternate costume, and using that logic, Sakura's schoolgirl uniform could be her alt.

That version of akuma, before reveal did not exist on the site. And the white haired version did. so again, it doesn't mean anything. Also as Ryce mentioned it is not the same, I wish it was because it would look better, but its not
2D-to-3D art translation issues aside (like how the sash that goes over his shoulders looks poofier in 2D) it is pretty much the same. They kept the hair from from the default (which yeah, doesn't look as good) and he has bandages on his hands in the game, but it's the same concept in both designs.

Regardless, the original point was that every character who has appeared in a story mode and then got added via DLC retained the story mode look. I expect it to be the same for Sakura. I feel like Capcom probably think that outfit is too 'iconic' for her or somesuch (hence the "it's like her uniform!" handwaving during SF4).

Reading people is the way to go in SFV I think.
Itabashi did an interview a little while back where he talked about how reading his opponent (not their playstyle but also things like their mood and temperament) is his most important weapon in this game. It was pretty interesting to hear him talk about that. There are times when dude almost seems psychic, the way he reads and counters what people are going to do.

Ryce

Regardless, the original point was that every character who has appeared in a story mode and then got added via DLC retained the story mode look.
Those characters were all planned to be playable from the very beginning, though. Sakura wasn't.

Village

2D-to-3D art translation issues aside (like how the sash that goes over his shoulders looks poofier in 2D) it is pretty much the same. They kept the hair from from the default (which yeah, doesn't look as good) and he has bandages on his hands in the game, but it's the same concept in both designs.

Its not, he has like a vest thing on in that art, an dhas a skirt type situation. And different hair and face and entiery. It isn't the same, also that doesn't prove your point, even if it was the same, because could suggest sakura's outfit is her alt.
So its not the same and it doesn't matter

Regardless, the original point was that every character who has appeared in a story mode and then got added via DLC retained the story mode look. I expect it to be the same for Sakura. I feel like Capcom probably think that outfit is too 'iconic' for her or somesuch (hence the "it's like her uniform!" handwaving during SF4).

I don't think anyone said that it wouldn't be a DLC Outfit, the argument was against it being her main one

Ryce

I'd expect Sakura to have something close to that SFIV alt as her default SFV costume. Ibuki's default SFV costume is very similar to her SFIV alt.

I could see Karin and Sakura nostalgia costumes launching alongside Sakura next year.

MCD250

Its not, he has like a vest thing on in that art, an dhas a skirt type situation. And different hair and face and entiery. It isn't the same, also that doesn't prove your point, even if it was the same, because could suggest sakura's outfit is her alt.
So its not the same and it doesn't matter
It's not a vest, it's a piece of cloth/sash thing that goes over his shoulders, rises up behind his head and is tied in knots at the side of his waist. Which is what he wears in the game, except it's thinner and not as long there (presumably because this game doesn't do big, puffy, flowing clothing very well). The same is true for the "skirt". It looks like big, flowing pants, which have been toned down in the game.

Like I said, he has the same hair as his default model. Maybe because they figured making another style of big hair for Akuma wasn't worth when one was already perfectly usable, I don't know.

I don't think anyone said that it wouldn't be a DLC Outfit, the argument was against it being her main one
As I said, if she were to be added to the game, I expected it to be her default, though as Ryce pointed out, the original DLC characters were always intended to be DLC/playable whereas that isn't the case with Sakura. So I could see her having a different default outfit as a result.

I mained Tony Hawk in USFIV and even I don't want him back.

Give his moveset to a different character, for all I care, Heck, give it to one of Mika's wrestling associates! SFV could use a beefy lady on the cast tbh.

Village

People on smurffs piss me off

People who's name tell you they are on a smurff make me wish that capcom let me see the name of the goddamned opponent before they let me cue the damn match

Again, how in the goddamned hell, is that basic feature not in the game.

That shit is in SF4

The only schoolgirl I want back in SF5 is Makoto. I think Ono might actually need to get arrested if she doesn't make it into S3 with how criminal that would be as she was always at odds with 4's systems, but she'd be a perfect fit here.

Neoxon

Honestly, I'm not so certain about Byron Taylor being the next character. He's likely as all hell, don't get me wrong. But something seems....off.....about the whole thing. I know I'm Mr.-Analyze-Everything-Like-A-Mad-Man, but it's just a gut feeling that I have right now.

Pompadour

People on smurffs piss me off

People who's name tell you they are on a smurff make me wish that capcom let me see the name of the goddamned opponent before they let me cue the damn match

Again, how in the goddamned hell, is that basic feature not in the game.

That shit is in SF4

Then people would just dodge players that kicked their ass before regardless if they're a smurf or not. Or they'd wait until they got matched up with their friend to boost.

Village

Then people would just dodge players that kicked their ass before regardless if they're a smurf or not. Or they'd wait until they got matched up with their friend to boost.

Other fighting games do that though?

Like street fighter 4, and its fine. This isn't some wild concept that i just invented there are other fighting games that strait up do that, and its totally fine.

Ryce

Honestly, I'm not so certain about Byron Taylor being the next character. He's likely as all hell, don't get me wrong. But something seems....off.....about the whole thing. I know I'm Mr.-Analyze-Everything-Like-A-Mad-Man, but it's just a gut feeling that I have right now.
The silhouette doesn't look anything like Taylor to me, and I don't know why he'd have a new default costume since he was created specifically for SFV in the first place. Kolin wears her cinematic story outfit by default.

Village

The silhouette doesn't look anything like Taylor to me, and I don't know why he'd have a new default costume since he was created specifically for SFV. Kolin wears her cinematic story outfit by default.

I hope you are right.

Because homie looks wack, at least if it is him I hope he has a good alt.

New character after Byron: Hakan's wife. Uses oil in her massage occupation

Has tons of fan service entirely based around being a masseuse.
I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't buy any other season passes after this second one.

But fuck me, I would buy a full season pass even if all it included was this one shitty character with 5 costumes. If they made a game like DoA with Street Fighter's gameplay then I would never need to purchase another game ever again.

Oh dear, this is lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom