• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

This is really good right now, but once more people start using alpha counters it's not gonna be as good.
Pretty sure this was explored a little bit on Cross Assault, and Xiaoyu has a move that forces a lot of blockstun, and you can do the same thing.

You can't use alpha counters in hitstun...
I'm talking about doing it in the middle of a combo. I've been focusing all my training mode efforts on standing resets because of the juggle system. Still, it's cool that it's out there, I wanna see what people come up with for NCR.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
You can't use alpha counters in hitstun...
I'm talking about doing it in the middle of a combo.

Ah. Well yeah, that's really good. Thankfully a lot of those kinds of moves (that I've tried, anyway) seem to be hard to combo into.

Xiaoyu has a move that would be really good for this, but it's slow as shit so if you get hit by it you deserve what you get.

Venfayth

Ah. Well yeah, that's really good. Thankfully a lot of those kinds of moves (that I've tried, anyway) seem to be hard to combo into.

Xiaoyu has a move that would be really good for this, but it's slow as shit so if you get hit by it you deserve what you get.

Yeah ChrisG was abusing her Flower Power tag cancel a lot.

brian

Goddamnit Mist step! Can't do it consistently. D:

Double fireball motion makes it a LOT less awkward. Especially when trying to cancel it from a crouching move. Kind of strange how difficult this move is when most of the other moves in the game are so easy to execute.

deim0s

For some reason (and very rarely on my end) crouching medium punch would connect to the Mist Step uppercut, but from crouching heavy... gah.

Uryaaa indeed! D:

Have to practice executions more and often.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Ryu Trial 20

What's the problem? What's the secret behind the last step? L. srk -> super.

Yeah, that's why I've been trying to figure out characters that have really good grounded combos. Even if I only get 350 off a combo, an unblockable reset would extend it by at least another 400.

Once I find a good team for this setup, I'll work on fitting meter and damage gems into the combo.

AAK

Does anyone know that block string Chris G repeatedly does with Hwoarang before ending with hcbP? I've been fiddling with it but I can't seem to figure out which one of the kick combinations it is:

1:17:53

Lots of Tekken players, And Capcom has killed any hardcore player base on the ps3 with their previous output.

I thought the competition in SSF4 and UMVC3 was pretty good. Maybe with time people will get better over here. Ive only fought about 5 good players out of the 100 online matches I had.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
2000bp, why is everyone so free on PSN?!

Same here on the Japanese PSN. I grinded up to 1k last night with little issue. Most people just don't seem to have a grasp on all of the tag mechanics yet. Neither do I, but with a few basic combos I pretty much decimate right now.

God's Garden has some Japanese play going. AAaawwww jeah.

http://www.twitch.tv/godsgarden

Very nice, thanks for the link. 6AM streams on the day I'm up early? Yes please.

Atruvius

I am so bad in this game. Two ranked games behind me both which I lost scoring only a hit or two. Tomorrow I will try arcade mode.

I'm really bad at charge moves. Don't know how to do Guile's sonic boom.

kitzkozan

Man, there's just so many possibilities in this game it's just crazy. You can even switch cancel the A B C chain into meterless launcher. It's going to take months of dedication to properly break down the mechanics and see with any consistency massive damage.

I think the first thing that will evolve is when people actually switch cancel. Right now, it's mostly at the end of a move which cause juggle state. In the future, it's going to be on moves which hold in place for 2-3 seconds and the incoming character add on damage and refill the meter quickly (I just saw a video of Poongko doing that as Ryu was doing shin shoryu and Ken came in to add to the pounding) .

Really good offense and mix ups, really bad defense and low health from the little I played him.
Yeah, the low health and bad defense is what I thought. I was thinking of switching out Rog for Raven in my Rog/Marduk team.

I probably just need to do some soul searching in general for the right team. I'm still not used to the physics of this game in comparison to SF4/SSF4/SSF4AE.

Edit: Fuck that. I love the loop that Raven is doing in the Gods Garden stream. I must learn it.

Hayeya

Banned
Finally Freed my time to open my copy and play it for the first time,,,
3 hours later,, i am addicted,,,,

I dont know what capcom does,, but every time they include rials i feel obliged to try to do them all ,,, although i never finished them all in SF4 and MVC3, but i feel that its my responsibility to try to do them all, dont feel any repetitiveness in doing them game after game after game, am i sick ?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Canceling into DP is even worse for me

Same, along with linking standing and crouching normals. Crouching to standing is no problem, but standing to crouching gives me all kinds of trouble. The transition from normal -> standing neutral position -> crouch isn't smooth at all, and throws off my inputs like crazy.

Canceling into DP is even worse for me

If anything, cr -> DP is harder than cr -> QCF. All you have to do is push the stick forward because you're already down.

Same, along with linking standing and crouching normals. Crouching to standing is no problem, but standing to crouching gives me all kinds of trouble. The transition from normal -> standing neutral position -> crouch isn't smooth at all, and throws off my inputs like crazy.

Wait, are you doing cr. normal, stand, QCF? You can just hold down, press normal, df, f, PP...

Top Bottom