• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Study finds men eat more meat than women

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
In a recent study published in Scientific Reports, researchers examined whether sex-related differences are universal, influenced by cultural norms, related to opportunities to express certain behaviors, and weaker or stronger among nations with more development and less gender inequality.

Meat consumption is greater among men in North America and Europe, although the causes for this difference are unknown. Understanding the gender difference might help us better understand cultural relationships.

Cross-cultural inequalities in meat consumption may highlight the role of culture in gender differences and push the limits of paradoxical gender effects. Universal nutritional demands are associated with biological sex variations, and evolutionary social norms that reward skilled hunters may impact meat's value. Comparing meat consumption rates across cultures should be less prone to reference group bias.

newFile-3.jpg

Anecdotal evidence suggest this seems to be true.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I know lots of duders on the carnivore diet, dont know a single lady-duder on it.

Nothing in the world like a nice big steak. Except maybe brisket. I bought 2 last weekend. Can’t wait to make them. Got a new bourbon maple sauce I want to try.

Last edited:

winjer

As far as I can tell, the differences between women and men is around 10% in most countries.
Not a big difference, considering that mean are bigger, so they have to consume more food.
Also, men usually have jobs with more physical activity, that spends more energy. And meat is a great source of energy.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
eeehhhh I am pretty sure that if we remove some technicalities women eat a whole lot more meat than men.

Woggleman

Gold Member
My wife sure liked the steaks I made on the grill last night. She also likes my bolognese sauce and my lemon chicken.

She also makes a great Mojo chicken herself.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I grew up eating steak, and it was because it was on the damn plate, I’m in awe of these diet thugs we have going around preaching what to eat I grew up eating burgers, grilled chicken and had to eat every grain of rice for me that’s gratifying looking around at these diet thugs makes me sick.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol bullshit. Maybe we eat more meat but I imagine the cargo ships full of clothes, decorative pillows, cosmetics and Stanley cups amount to a hell of a lot of emissions. The simple fact that over 80 percent of purchases are made by women is really the only stat you need to know.
the amount of dumb useless shit my wife buys on a daily basis is insane. same goes for all the trash she consumes on netflix. but im sure scientists will blame me for me 300 watt rtx 3080.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
the amount of dumb useless shit my wife buys on a daily basis is insane. same goes for all the trash she consumes on netflix. but im sure scientists will blame me for me 300 watt rtx 3080.
I gotta agree, the wife loves to spend my money on things… I mean our money lol

To be fair, I’d buy lots of stupid stuff too… just less… probably… maybe… I want to build new classic car…

But I make the money so that makes it ok, right?

I’m just taking a piss, happy to support my family. I couldn’t run the house the way the wife does.

MrMephistoX

If by meat we mean penis then I would be genuinely curious to know if the statistic holds up? Is the gay male percentage of oral sex givers larger than the percentage of women who enjoy giving BJs?

NMln5wr.gif

jason10mm

Gold Member
I wonder if this contributes to women tending to live longer than men?
I think thats mostly because we have largely solved childbirth mortality but men still gravitate to high risk occupations (pretty much ALL high risk jobs are done by men) so as a population women live longer NOW. But I don't think they are inherently healthier just because of estrogen. Though with a diet that encourages atherosclerotic heart disease there probably is some protective benefit of estrogen so there could be a few months extra tacked on for that.

Top Bottom