• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

stupid things you've heard at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshifumi

Banned
so today was my last day working at the movie theater, so i thought i'd share some of the stupid things i've heard people say, generally when i'm selling tickets

"how do you pronounce avp?"
"what's the one with the guy with the things?" *customer points to face* (i actually figured out that he was referring to chronicles of riddick)
"i want the one with the shark...jaws...oh wait, that's not it" (referring to open water)
"what's i, robert?" (referring to i, robot)
"what's ibot?" (referring to i, robot)
"i'll have one for 'i am a robot'"

plus about a million different mispronunciations of other movies that have come out this summer.

This happened two days ago. I'm looking for a job for my co-op term at university, and one of the interviews I've gotten so far was from a financial company called Primerica. Their goal is basically to teach people to run their own business. So I go to the interview, no problem, and they ask me to attend this company meeting which will outline how the company works later on that day. Alright, this sounds weird, but whatever. I go and I believe I'm the only one there not in the company. While they're presenting this, they're cheering and clapping, and showing the most inane things and concepts. They were flashing numbers so fast that you couldn't really tell what was going on, they showed stupid concepts which everyone cheered on, using numbers that seemed to come from nowhere, etc. The whole thing was ridiculous.

While I was interested in the job at first, this meeting completely put me off of it. It looks like Primerica's just one big pyramid scheme and they were all trying to bait me into it. What fucking bastards, for thinking they could just fool me like that and for trying to take advantage of me when I'm struggling to come up with money to pay for university.

Firest0rm

Before I quit my job at my local theatre, I was once asked by a women to look for her husband in the movie theatre. She said she didn't know what movie he went into, and she can't find him. I have no flash light, and I have no idea how this guy looks like and she tells me to look for him. I had stuff to do so i tried looking for a bit but then saw a fellow employee walk by and told her that he's her to take care of you. Got rid of her :).

Another time, I went to do a washroom check and I find this guy that starts chatting with me. Saying I'm a nice guy and were "friends". Then a person walks into the washroom and the chatty guy starts asking the guy for his ticket. Then he looks at me and says "You won't tell your manager right? I mean were friends and all." This guy was stayin gin the washroom the whole day asking people for their tickets then refunding them at the box office. Saying that he got them for his family but his family changed their mind about going to the movies. I left the washroom to go tell the manager and as I walk out i find my general manager and the two assistant managers right infront of me, and they ask me if he's inside. I told them yes and then they took him out and banned him from all Cineplex Odeon theatres. Turns out this guy got 500 dollars off the theatre using this scam.

yoshifumi

Banned
Firest0rm said:
Before I quit my job at my local theatre, I was once asked by a women to look for her husband in the movie theatre. She said she didn't know what movie he went into, and she can't find him. I have no flash light, and I have no idea how this guy looks like and she tells me to look for him. I had stuff to do so i tried looking for a bit but then saw a fellow employee walk by and told her that he's her to take care of you. Got rid of her :).

Another time, I went to do a washroom check and I find this guy that starts chatting with me. Saying I'm a nice guy and were "friends". Then a person walks into the washroom and the chatty guy starts asking the guy for his ticket. Then he looks at me and says "You won't tell your manager right? I mean were friends and all." This guy was stayin gin the washroom the whole day asking people for their tickets then refunding them at the box office. Saying that he got them for his family but his family changed their mind about going to the movies. I left the washroom to go tell the manager and as I walk out i find my general manager and the two assistant managers right infront of me, and they ask me if he's inside. I told them yes and then they took him out and banned him from all Cineplex Odeon theatres. Turns out this guy got 500 dollars off the theatre using this scam.

i should have found someone to join me in this scam, that way if i ever collected tickets i could just keep all the customer copies of tickets, pass them off to my partner in crime, and then they could return them for cash and then we split the money. i'd be rich

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have to deal with stupid customers. But I do have to deal with stupid coworkers.

Apparently one day when I was on vacation last month, this one girl I work with (picturure your typical Girls Gone Wild/MTV ho, and you've got this girl pegged, fake bake, tattoo on the small of her back, terrible taste in music) asked my friend if she could look through the paper. My friend obliged. The girl goes "Do you know where the Legal secion is?" My friend shows her where. The girl informs my friend "Hehe, yeah, I got a DUI last week, and it's in the paper today, so I Want to take a look at that."

Cut that out and hang it on the fridge. Rah. :(

Her nnd her partner in crime are always talkin' about how drunk and crazy they get, and how naked tehy get. Worst. Thought. Ever.

Kurashima said:
This happened two days ago. I'm looking for a job for my co-op term at university, and one of the interviews I've gotten so far was from a financial company called Primerica. Their goal is basically to teach people to run their own business. So I go to the interview, no problem, and they ask me to attend this company meeting which will outline how the company works later on that day. Alright, this sounds weird, but whatever. I go and I believe I'm the only one there not in the company. While they're presenting this, they're cheering and clapping, and showing the most inane things and concepts. They were flashing numbers so fast that you couldn't really tell what was going on, they showed stupid concepts which everyone cheered on, using numbers that seemed to come from nowhere, etc. The whole thing was ridiculous.

While I was interested in the job at first, this meeting completely put me off of it. It looks like Primerica's just one big pyramid scheme and they were all trying to bait me into it. What fucking bastards, for thinking they could just fool me like that and for trying to take advantage of me when I'm struggling to come up with money to pay for university.

Hahah, I know this kid from high school who, from what it sounds like going by your description, is involved in that same exact scheme. This kid is literally brain washed, telling all his friends that they are idiots for staying in college and getting their degrees. He's dropping out of college after next year (wants to get his two year degree), and then he is doing that business thing full time. He tells us that he's going to be a millionaire by the age of 25 and he'll be able to retire before he's 30.

Nikashi

Banned
Kurashima said:

Good instincts..

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff10157.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom