• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Advance, Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2, and Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3 are all coming to Nintendo Switch Online

cireza

Love these games (1, 2 and 4 actually, 4 being Mario Bros 3, never been a fan of Yoshi).

And I can play them on Wii U (on the Gamepad, my favorite device for anything handheld) without any stupid subscription fee as I own them.

I really like the small improvements they made to each game. Advance 1 had a lot of new things, like finding the Yoshi eggs. This was super fun :)

Quick reminder of the awesomeness of the Wii U VC : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_U_(North_America)

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

As far as I remember Super Mario Advance 1 is a vast improvement on the original game. It was a lot of fun.

World was an easier version and the colour palette wasn't as good, possibly due to the over-brightness to correct the lack of a back-light at the time. But still very good and very well done. A lot QOL improvements here and there.

I'm not the biggest fan of Yoshi's island lol so I won't comment. I just don't get it.

Do you guys remember Super Mario Bros Deluxe for the Gameboy colour? I would LOOOVE a proper console port of that. It's truly excellent.

Last edited:

SCB3

I like the Super Mario Lands cause they're more weird. Are those on there? I haven't been keeping up with NSO.
Mario Land 2: 6 Golden coins was advertised when this launched but not released yet

Also yea this is a strange release. The better SNES versions are already on NSO, there is additional content on these so I guess that could justify it

That reminds me, I wonder how well the Analog consoles run these

diffusionx

Gold Member
I was playing SMB2 GBA on my Analogue Pocket and that game is just bizarre. The constant voice samples, the scaling sprites, it's just... I don't even know. it's like a fever dream, even more so than SMB2 normally is.

graywolf323

that’s nice but what the heck is the status of Golden Sun & Fire Emblem? I’m holding out upping my subscription to the expansion pass until those release

Top Bottom