• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario and Lego Collaboration Happening

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I do not understand this toy

at
all
Lego is a brand of plastic toys that provide interlocking modal playsets. they are and have always been pretty expensive. when i was a kid i had a bucket of Legos from several grab bags. the sets themselves are kind of luxury purchases.

that said, this looks pretty dope. like Mario Maker IRL. would be great for younger kids.

heck, it seems like these toys would work independently of the sets (?). so yeah the appeal of a Cat Mario toy that makes sounds and has animations as you play with it irl, that's kinda cool. what's not to understand?

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
so yeah the appeal of a Cat Mario toy that makes sounds and has animations as you play with it irl, that's kinda cool. what's not to understand?

If it's just a Lego figure that makes noises, that's straightforward enough; but there's also this element of running the figure through a course within a time limit. If you can wave Mario around in the air for extra coins at any time, how is that balanced with the rest?

Probably it just isn't, and I'm expecting too much.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Lego is a brand of plastic toys that provide interlocking modal playsets. they are and have always been pretty expensive. when i was a kid i had a bucket of Legos from several grab bags. the sets themselves are kind of luxury purchases.

that said, this looks pretty dope. like Mario Maker IRL. would be great for younger kids.

heck, it seems like these toys would work independently of the sets (?). so yeah the appeal of a Cat Mario toy that makes sounds and has animations as you play with it irl, that's kinda cool. what's not to understand?
This is the absolute opposite of what lego stands for.
All this does is limit the imagination of kids.

jts

...hate me...
source.gif

McCheese

Popped into Cardiff Lego store today to look at these, they are much cooler than expected and ended up picking up a couple of the little blind bag things, but you can only get my boy "drybones" in one of the larger sets and they are more to be played with than for display so couldn't justify it.

The store had the music from bo-bomb battlefield playing which made my day, did not expect to be hit in the mario 64 feels!

Was almost tempted to ask the staff if they could hook me up with some dry dry docks music.

My blind bags were red shell koopa and fish.

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
Is there an OT for this? I've been playing with the starter set all day. Frankly, I think this set is amazing. The Mario figure is incredible by itself. Such a neat idea.

I picked up the Starter course and the LEGO NES. The Mario and starter course were a lot cooler than I thought they would be. If I had this when I was 8-12 I would be crazy for this theme.
As for the LEGO NES, it was one of the most enjoyable builds I have ever done with LEGO. A truly amazing set.

MilkLizard

Yesterday was my kids birthday and he got the starter set and the Yoshi one and they are a lot cooler than I expected. Really well done and the kid enjoys it a lot.

Mario can be a little creepy tho...

R4HzC7A.jpg

Top Bottom