• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Karts --- fans, are you still alive?

Ranger X

I removed the dust on my Super Mario Karts cart a couple of days ago and i'm in complete trip now. This game is freakin timeless. I've searched the web to find fan websites where i could find some Time Trials times to compete with but i was fairly deceived. First of all, i've found 3 to 4 Super Mario Karts sites and the only records they have don't take the drivers in consideration.
It means you can only find a table of Donkey Kong/Bowser times and if you're a fan of other drivers than you suck...

Personnally i've always played with Yoshi. I wondered if any of you may know by any chance a website where i could compare my Yoshi Time Trial times??
And is there any Yoshi/Princess fans here? I wish maybe we could post our TT times.

fart

Savant
my friend can make rainbow road times very close to the record

easy to lose the knack though since so few games have the same feel

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I personally would like to use Koopa, but my brother always chooses Koopa, so I usually use Toad.

ourumov

Luigi fan here !!!

The best Mario Kart game ever. It had the best control, the best gameplay and the best tracks.

Super Mario Kart is one of my favourite games ever. The battle mode is fantastic, the control is great, etc etc...it's a shame the sequels were...what they were.

Ranger X

ok Yoshi drivers, post your god damned Yoshi times. I wanna compare mines.

Here i go:

Mario Circuit 1
1, 07" 79

Donut Plains 1
1, 31" 54

Ghost Valley 1
1, 13" 15

Bowser Castle 1
1, 44" 76

Mario Circuit 2
1, 27" 81

i'll post Flower, Star and Special Cup later...

bionic77

What a great thread!!! Definitely one of my most played games ever. Me and my cousin have spent countless hours playing battle and racing. I like the other mariokart games that followed it, but for whatever reason nothing else has come close to this. This is a perfect videogame!!!!!

Ranger X

That's exactly my point. The different drivers aren't well balanced and they just can't compete. So on most website they don't give a shit about any other drivers than Donkey/Bowser.
I wish someone can help me find Yoshi/Princess times. I wanna know how much a competition i man against other Yoshi/Princess drivers.

1,02 on Mario Circuit 1 with Bowser/Donkey Kong is actually a good time dude ;)

Toad is the best.

Me and my friends still play MK64 for hours.

My fastest time in Wario Stadium is 23 seconds or something. I love those 2 shortcuts.

Fuck why did MK:DD have to suck so much :(

Hellraizah

Kabuki Waq said:
Toad is the best.

Me and my friends still play MK64 for hours.

My fastest time in Wario Stadium is 23 seconds or something. I love those 2 shortcuts.

Fuck why did MK:DD have to suck so much :(
Ironic, I thought that MK64 sucked a lot more than MK : DD.

Yesterday i played for two hours the multiplayer snes mario kart, its still the best Mario kart, but i do like dd more than mk64, dd would be to snes standards if there were more than one arena worth playing.....the great thing about the snes battlemode have to do with the mode7 efect, because its not true 3d you can always see where the opponent is which i think is probably the most important thing, in dd there's also one arena like this the curve one which looks like a cookie, thats why i play that arena only......

SA-X

Yeah, Double Dash is way better than MK64.

SMK > Double Dash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MK64

Although it doesn't really matter cause Diddy Kong Racing blows all 3 out of the water. :p

trippingmartian said:
Truth be told I have bad memories of getting owned in this game...by my sister.

Well in the snes version sometimes you can really own or be owned, because there is no invencible 2s after you get shot, so sometimes the battles can last less than 30 sec.....this doesnt happen with dd/mk64.
Also i tried to do some of the skills i learned in dd, in smk, and some of them did actually work.....

jarrod

Banned
In general I find the F-Zero Series >>>>> the Mario Kart Series. Too bad sales don't reflect that. :/

How's everyone feel about Super Circuit in comparison to the SNES original? Do you miss the feather & Koopa? I was a little turned off the game originally but I'm giving it a second spin recently (before F-Zero GP Legend hits this fall) and it's actually rather enjoyable.

SA-X

Super Circuit was fun but not as good as the original SMK. Not as challenging and I missed the feather.

SA-X said:
Yeah, Double Dash is way better than MK64.

SMK > Double Dash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MK64

Although it doesn't really matter cause Diddy Kong Racing blows all 3 out of the water. :p

YESSSSSS!!! Someone who thinks exactly like I do about this. DKR was so freaking awesome. Too bad it didn't get the attention it deserved. And for sure, Double Dash absolutely murders MK64. 64 was a freakin' turd, man.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
i was just playing super mario kart yesterday :) i loooove this game - the control is absolutely perfect

one of my mates who was there at the time said he hated the game with a passion! becuase there's no depth!

i was in shock :p

DJ_Tet

Banned
Error Macro said:
YESSSSSS!!! Someone who thinks exactly like I do about this. DKR was so freaking awesome. Too bad it didn't get the attention it deserved. And for sure, Double Dash absolutely murders MK64. 64 was a freakin' turd, man.

While I wouldn't say that DKR is the end-all be-all of Kart racing, it's certainly better than MK64. I'd place SMK above SMK-DD, and both way above DKR and MK64. I'd put SMK GBA above DKR and below Double Dash.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
DKR was a pretty good game, though I was never really much of a fan. But Double Dash was complete shit. What a monstrous disappointment.

Oh, and MK64 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MK:DD

Rhage

The original SNES version is the best, with the GBA version coming in 2nd (it's just a bastardized version of the SNES one).

Ranger X

Rhage said:
The original SNES version is the best, with the GBA version coming in 2nd (it's just a bastardized version of the SNES one).

Bastardised? You're very gentle. I guess the only thing that is better in Super Circuit is actually the numbers of colors at the same time on screen and that's all! lol

SD-Ness

Toad is the best.

DKR was a very fun game. But so was MK64. They both had their advantages.

I like MKDD a lot...I don't think MK64 is better...

Cubsfan23

Banned
Wyzdom said:
That's exactly my point. The different drivers aren't well balanced and they just can't compete. So on most website they don't give a shit about any other drivers than Donkey/Bowser.
I wish someone can help me find Yoshi/Princess times. I wanna know how much a competition i man against other Yoshi/Princess drivers.

1,02 on Mario Circuit 1 with Bowser/Donkey Kong is actually a good time dude ;)

I improved my time on that course off and on for about 5 years. I had good times on Koopa Beach and Ghost Valley too, but dont know the exact times.

Top Bottom