• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Princess Peach and a couple of AC DS new images

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
New images of Super Princess Peach here
Two Animal Crossing images here

I'll bung up more in NCL can fix them.
Didn't get married btw for those of you interested. And we all know how interested you are in my life. Had an amazing time in the US though. Never been to Washington and Oregon and the north ocean before, totally rad week with a great girl. And what a beautiful place - the autumn colours blew my mind, as did stopping for lunch at truckstops. Try taking a beautiful girl into a truckstop sometime. It's as funny as it is really, really terrifying. Anyway I digress...

Peach, I think, looks amazing. No word on how it uses the touch screen…

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
shuri said:
I hope that the top screen wont be used to display her reactions to the on screen action
I'm sure (not really, more hopeful) that they'll come up with something better than that...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
SPONG WITH EXCLUSIVE NEW DS GAMEPLAY PICS THAT WERE IN FAMITSU AND POSTED ON THIS FORUM 3 DAYS AGO!!!!

Drey1082

Folder said:
New images of Super Princess Peach here

ehhh.. I really wonder what the top screen is for... Other than that, it looks like a decent platformer, but it really does nothing to help show the DS as a new powerful machine. Those screens could have easily come from GBA.

jarrod

Banned
Any idea which division's behind Peach? It's got a very Intelligent Systems/Alpha Dream design to everything.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
sp0rsk said:
SPONG WITH EXCLUSIVE NEW DS GAMEPLAY PICS THAT WERE IN FAMITSU AND POSTED ON THIS FORUM 3 DAYS AGO!!!!
There are new ones. And of a decent(ish) size, not scanned. Some are the same, some are new. Easy with the rage there chaps.
This was all that was posted:

peach.jpg

Jonnyram

Folder said:
There are new ones. And of a decent(ish) size, not scanned. Some are the same, some are new. Easy with the rage there chaps.
peach.jpg
What!? They are the same pics. Famitsu just got rid of the Peach expression in the top screen. On top of that, they are bigger than Spong's pics, and not badly scanned either - I can read the text next to the umbrella in the scan for starters :p

Swordian

Folder said:

Spong Exlclusive! Peach blinks in top screen!

Yusaku

$10 says the Peach game was a GBA game they moved to DS and tossed in some gimmicky dual screen bullshit.

Insertia

Yusaku said:
$10 says the Peach game was a GBA game they moved to DS and tossed in some gimmicky dual screen bullshit.

:lol
I was going to post the same thing.
I've seen many DS games that look as if they originated from GBA.

jarrod

Banned
Insertia said:
:lol
I was going to post the same thing.
I've seen many DS games that look as if they originated from GBA.
Jam with the Band was a late term GBA project moved over too. I'd say Square Enix's Egg Monster Hero looks like a GBA project too.

FWIW, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon was a nearly complete GBC game that got moved over to GBA last second also.

jarrod

Banned
Looking at the DS games we've seen so far, I'd say the following were likely converted GBA projects.

Nintendo DS
-Advance Wars DS (Nintendo/Intelligent Systems)
-Egg Monster Hero (Square Enix)
-Jam with the Band (Nintendo)
-Meteors (Bandai/Q Entertainment)
-Prince of Tennis: 2005 Crystal Drive (Konami/KCEJ)
-Puyo Pop Fever (Sega/Sonic Team)
-Super Peach Princess (Nintendo)
-Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts/Griptonite)

...I also suspect Lumines (PSP) was a GBA game not too long ago. ;)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
*quietly plays on his gameboy, slowly going blind and insane from lack of good graphics*

BojTrek

Banned
Being a graphics whore... I could never buy a N64 disguised Nintendo DS... damn those games look like spunk.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
jarrod said:
Jam with the Band was a late term GBA project moved over too.
And it was originally revealed in early 2001 as Game Boy Music and was supposed to come with a battery-powered speaker that would hook up to the GBA. That game's been a long time in coming.

ge-man

You guys act like it's unusual for early software on a new machine to be heavily comprised of last gen upgrades.

The graphics I have no complaint about...But what the hell is with the second screen? If you don't need to use it, then don't....just release on GBA...the DS is backwards compatiable.

belgurdo

Banned
DS games=look like GBA games with a "programmed in two days" map or menu mode thrown onto screen 2, or 2nd gen N64 games

PSP=look like last gen DC games

Whoever wins, we all lose

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
ge-man said:
You guys act like it's unusual for early software on a new machine to be heavily comprised of last gen upgrades.
Unusual? No. Interesting to watch games evolve over different platforms? Yes.

Jonnyram

jarrod said:
Looking at the DS games we've seen so far, I'd say the following were likely converted GBA projects.

Nintendo DS
-Advance Wars DS (Nintendo/Intelligent Systems)
-Egg Monster Hero (Square Enix)
-Jam with the Band (Nintendo)
-Meteors (Bandai/Q Entertainment)
-Prince of Tennis: 2005 Crystal Drive (Konami/KCEJ)
-Puyo Pop Fever (Sega/Sonic Team)
-Super Peach Princess (Nintendo)
-Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts/Griptonite)

...I also suspect Lumines (PSP) was a GBA game not too long ago. ;)
A Hanjuku Hero game was announced for the GBA many moons ago, but never materialised. That could well be related to the DS game. I don't think Lumines was ever planned for GBA, though. There's too much emphasis on music. Puyo Pop Fever has been released on every platform, so the DS version is just a natural progression and isn't really based on GBA. Urbs is also coming out for GBA.

On the same subject, a large number of GC games came from well-developed, and complete in some cases, N64 titles. Doshin the Giant, Animal Crossing, Doubutsu Banchou (forgot the US name, sorry), Eternal Darkness... I wouldn't be surprised if Pikmin started on the N64 either.

They should put Stage Debut on the DS and include a DS Camera accessorie with it.

It'd be pretty funny to be able to take pictures of your friends and then put them into a game as characters.

It seems like that game is never gonna come out on the GCN anyway.

I would buy a DS if Advance Wars DS was the only game availible (well for $99 maybe). You can play those games forever.

The Peach game looks decent, kinda has a mario and luigi/yoshi's island look. I don't understand the complaining about not having prominent second screen features. I'd rather have a good old school 2d action platformer.

I don't like the fact that most of the ground in Animal Crossing looks like its comprised of mud. Looks like shit with the new angle. The touch screen interface and wireless play should be pretty sweet though. I'm excited for this one.

lexi

Banned
I agree, the 2nd screen needn't be used in every DS game. Didn't I read somewhere the two processors can work upon a single screen, simultaneously? Kind of like what the Power Rangers always do in the last few minutes to defeat the giant guy.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Society said:
Did you hear that EA? You can use the second screen entirely for adverts!

NOOOOO Don't GIVE THEM IDEAS!

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Jonnyram said:
What!? They are the same pics. Famitsu just got rid of the Peach expression in the top screen. On top of that, they are bigger than Spong's pics, and not badly scanned either - I can read the text next to the umbrella in the scan for starters :p
Thay weren't scanned - offical from dear, as were the AC images. Also, they are bigger and complete versions, released only to us in the west yesterday. Sorry, really I am, I honestly didn't mean to upset you so much. Perhaps I need to fuck more.

M3wThr33

Banned
Anyone know if the wireless play will be over wifi or the Nintendo one? I'd really love to find a way to play it online with my girlfriend that's really far away.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Merlin said:
I hope the Peach cry when she get hurt by baddie and her head turn in to skull when she die. :) :) :)

How dark and strange.
Countdown to jail...
A year? More?

jarrod

Banned
Jonnyram said:
A Hanjuku Hero game was announced for the GBA many moons ago, but never materialised. That could well be related to the DS game. I don't think Lumines was ever planned for GBA, though. There's too much emphasis on music. Puyo Pop Fever has been released on every platform, so the DS version is just a natural progression and isn't really based on GBA. Urbs is also coming out for GBA.
Welll, Puyo and Urbz actually reuse a tweaked GBA engine (which is too bad with DS being capable of so much more)... that's all I meant by converted GBA games (even though the GBA versions saw release there. Also DCharlie dropped the hint that Lumines started out on GBA, so ask him. ;)

Jonnyram said:
On the same subject, a large number of GC games came from well-developed, and complete in some cases, N64 titles. Doshin the Giant, Animal Crossing, Doubutsu Banchou (forgot the US name, sorry), Eternal Darkness... I wouldn't be surprised if Pikmin started on the N64 either.
Yep, also Star Fox Adventures (being Dinosaur Planet), Kirby Air Ride and Super Mario Sunshine (which resuses much of it's assets from the canceled Super Mario 64 Part 2) as well. Also didn't Pikmin originally start out as Cabbage on N64 (or was that something else)?

kpop100 said:
Yeah, that seems to describe many of the DS games.
Many meaning eight? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom