• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wi-Fi

Nabster92

Ysiadmihi said:
Good games again Nabil. I've gotta up my reaction time if I ever hope to win against you in an Ike vs. Ike match. Everytime I try to counter or release side-B to get back on stage I always do it right after I've been smacked mid-air and sent to my death D:

I thought two i's in a row looked weird.
Yes I realize how silly that sounds considering what the name is referring to.

Yea good games, I think you did get considerably better since the first time we played though, think it's that you started to implement countering and using eruption a lot more. I also just realized today that landing while doing the neutral A with Ike seems to have the least lag time compared to the other attacks even though it takes longer to get out of it in the air...its like as much delay as there is when you don't connect with quick draw (i.e. pretty much none).

Oh yea I was kinda disgruntled looking back through the replays I saved. I remembered saving one of the matches we had in our previous session and was hoping it was that one snake vs ike one on halberd where I had that awesome bomb drop recovery to come back and win on that stock. Sadly it wasn't that one. ;_;

Btw, What does your japanese taunt say?

Edit: ^^ thanks mutt :D , I'd play some more but I'm starving so I'm gonna go get some food now, guess I should study for my finals tomorrow a bit as well...

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Nabster92 said:
Btw, What does your japanese taunt say?

They're just Star Wolf lines from the game :lol You may have noticed a theme before with "What the heck?!" and "Annoying bird!" (yes I know he doesn't say the second).

The long one is "Playtime is over, Star Fox!" from when he beats Fox in a match and the other is "What's wrong?" from his side taunt (I don't know if it's different in the US version).

xsarien said:
Muttyeah, I tried, like 3 times to connect to you and it failed just as the fight was going to start. :(
i'm so sorry, me and futil were doing our singles tournament fights. i'll play again next time!

Kak, eating my Pikachu with your Dedede and falling down is not cool :lol

Good matches though, for some reason it disconnected after that game...

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Man I am playing like uber shit. In my defense Kak and Nin... I am sick =P. For real. Feeling like shit haha. Good games we are having so far... but I am ending last every single one =(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Good matches Kak and Nin =D. Though Kak won all the free for alls. I am not playing good, sorry about that. Nice 1v1 Kak, we need to settle the draw :D . Good 1v1also Nin =D.

I am playing like uber shit, but my fingers are kinda numb (fever is killing me). Next time I'll be ready!

Good game relix, but damn I was playing stupidly. I blame it on the input lag. Like those suicides and just standing there for 5 secs. :lol

SexConker

Banned
How can you people play this game online?
The lag is infuriating.

My situation has improved from the shitfest that it was, but the half second delay between pressing a button and that action happening is horrible.

FAL
--OH SHIT DODGE
CON...
PUNCH!

Fuck.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
SexConker said:
The lag is infuriating.

My situation has improved from the shitfest that it was, but the half second delay between pressing a button and that action happening is horrible.

FAL
--OH SHIT DODGE
CON...
PUNCH!

Fuck.

Sounds like you gotta fix your connection. I don't get that kind of delay anymore unless I'm playing against someone in Europe.

Icy

Banned
SexConker said:
The lag is infuriating.

FAL
--OH SHIT DODGE
CON...
PUNCH!

Fuck.

There is no central server. Its all peer to peer. So either your connection sucks or your opponent(s) connection(s) suck.

Tendo

So my Uni won't support the Wii online with the ethernet adaptor, so no Smash from me for two months :( :( :(

And now I have to go through Nintendo's moronic return policy to return the thing.

SantaC

Gold Member
eh good games warcock. You raped me with Ike. Atleast i got a few wins.

warcock's ike is the best i ever seen

Ysiadmihi

Banned
SuperAndroid17 said:
Good 1v1's KAK , My link proves a worthy opponent to your IKE :lol

Yeah, your Link is pretty damn good. I should have tried fighting with someone else but I will beat him down with Ike :lol

This is going to sound like an excuse with that in mind, but I have gotta find another Wavebird somewhere. So many times I pressed A or B and it was completely ignored and the control stick has been pretty unresponsive for a few days now. Almost every counter attempt resulted in Ike just crouching and getting his face smashed in.

The control stick's placement on the classic controller is just terrible, the waggle in the Wiimote+nunchuk setup is too sensitive, Wiimote by itself is lol and I HATE CORDS SO I CAN'T EVEN USE MY OTHER CUBE CONTROLLERS D:

Zozz

Banned
Looking for people who are actually online from time to time and are skilled.

3523-1698-1389

if you want to add, pm.

Milabrega

Playing until Lost.

Would prefer 1v1's since i haven't narrow'd down who I'll use for the tourney, but I'll play anything. Post here or PM, I'll be active.

3050-7238-9831

vertopci

Milabrega said:
Playing until Lost.

Would prefer 1v1's since i haven't narrow'd down who I'll use for the tourney, but I'll play anything. Post here or PM, I'll be active.

3050-7238-9831

I added you so add me!

3780-8720-3539

EmSeta

Any europeans, especially Scandinavians, want to play? Too much lag playing random matchmaking with US folks.

Friend code: 2664-1832-3062

Don't forget to PM me yours.

Milabrega

Great Matches Vert. Showed how bad my GnW is, gotta work on that.

Olimar vs Rob match was a good high note to leave off the series even though you won =).

vertopci

Milabrega said:
Great Matches Vert. Showed how bad my GnW is.

Olimar vs Rob match was a good high note to leave off the series even though you won =).

Nice playing with you. It seems that Rob's Side-B kills your pikmin which helped me a bunch

NABIL

good matches, finally, i don't get slaughtered 10 times in a row :lol i'm slowly learning how to play better. any tips?

i am totally CLUELESS against any Ikes. His timing and range really throws me off.

Nabster92

muttyeah416 said:
NABIL

good matches, finally, i don't get slaughtered 10 times in a row :lol i'm slowly learning how to play better. any tips?

i am totally CLUELESS against any Ikes. His timing and range really throws me off.

umm...I dunno, I don't really play any of the characters you use...except marth I suppose, but I still kinda play him the same way I used to play him in melee. mmm, i guess some generic advice would be just work on spacing yourself, just learning the other characters ranges and staying out of their ranges while using whatever attacks you have to out range/prioritize them. And don't be like my falcon who has yet to get used the weird pull on his up-b that let's me not go out as far for kills as I could in melee.

Btw, can anyone happen to explain his up-b to me? It just doesn't feel intuitive to me at all. Like sometimes if you're just doing it normally you can get a normal solid horizontal distance, but when I'm actually trying to use it to come back after going out it's like somethings pulling you backwards and not letting you move forward much, but letting you go ridiculously far backwards often making me look retarded when i try to pull back to grab the ledge and end up over shooting it by a stupid amount and just falling to my death untouched.

I'm guessing its the momentum of going one way makes it have that pull to continue going in that direction? That would make the most sense to me though it would kinda put an end to how I go out for kills with him usually, and still be kinda hard to adjust. Maybe the side-b will prove to remedy this if I stay high enough in going out...

nice matches relix... i really suck. i can fight decently, but i can never figure out how to get the kill so i always push people up to 160%

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Kak, very awesome fights back there. I am finally shaking free of whatever the hell I had and my fingers are moving again. Heck, you even had me sweating in those matches. Since I like to keep records of every set of matches I had... I won 2, Kak 4 (if I miss something tell me :D ). Though, to my defense, lag was horrible in the first minute and a half of the Battlefield battle. I swear I had half a second lag. Eventually it disappeared, all of a sudden too, so i tried to push back a little there. Oh well...

Btw muttyeah, its just a matter of practice. Find a character you like, and learn everything you can with him. Maybe next time pal :D

EDIT: Holy shit Nishi, sorry about that, AGAIN. Try joining!

muttyeah416 said:
nice matches relix... i really suck. i can fight decently, but i can never figure out how to get the kill so i always push people up to 160%

Try to follow up with your attack. If you launch the person away from the stage and they survive, just follow them and attack if you think it's safe. People usually don't see it comming or try to avoid it, which you can take advantage of back on stage. It's really easy, just not online, for me at least. I can't use any of my aerials, so there goes half my game. Anyways, you might do better with it, just try that. You might suicide a lot though. :lol

fusoya59

Bleh not enough people online! I have over 30 of you registered too!

Here's mine again:

City: LA
Username: fusoya59
Smash Tag: fuso
Brawl Code: 1848 1329 3970

Nabster92

Going on now...possibly for a while. I may just stay up tonight smashing as I have a final at 8, don't wanna sleep now, and wouldn't trust myself waking up anyways. So, to brawl I go!

Edit: Nobody on now :( Only droid is on but he appears to be brawling with someone else. Come on gaf!

Jiggy

Great games, Iam Canadian, Milabrega, and Crushed. I actually meant to keep going, but I saved a replay of that final match (only time I've ever seen an online match short enough to save :eek:) and it took so long to get to my SD card that I guess it didn't register me to keep playing or something. :lol

Edit: Has anyone figured out how to decrpyt replay data (assuming it's encrypted in the first place)? Maybe I'll upload the video somewhere or something. >_>

Top Bottom