• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Melee to be bundles with GameCube

olimario

Banned
Searched for Smash Bundle and didnt turn anything up.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/632/632133p1.html
July 7, 2005 - Nintendo of America has (sort of) announced that it will release a Super Smash Bros. Melee GameCube bundle later this year. A link to box art for the bundle appeared on the company's website, but few details on the package have yet been made official.
more at the link
Nintendo should have done this from the start

super-smash-bros-bundle-20050707032926725.jpg

Lo-Volt

Why in the hell would Nintendo do this in 2005? And why not do it with Resident Evil 4 or another more recent title struggling on this console? At least this bundle won't be priced higher than the regular GameCube package.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Lo-Volt said:
Why in the hell would Nintendo do this in 2005? And why not do it with Resident Evil 4 or another more recent title struggling on this console? At least this bundle won't be priced higher than the regular GameCube package.

exactly. lame.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
shouldn't they be bundling windwaker? actually probably not a good idea because windwaker is too kiddie!!

Ruzbeh

Banned
Is this going down for the same price as a regular Gamecube without game? And is Super Smash Bros. good for single-player (I assume not)? In any case, I hope they bring it to Europe soon. I'm getting a Gamecube for Twilight Princess very soon.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
It's always amazed me how Donkey Kong has been relegated to 2nd string status. Even though the initial success was built on this franchise. Kinda like Namco and Pac-Man. I know Pac-Man will never sell like it used to, but you'd expect them to be put in better franchises or put to better use than games like Donkey Konga, and I like Donkey Konga

Juice

Well, Smash Brothers is still the best-selling GameCube game for good reason. It's widely accessible and a very enjoyable game. If you're buying a GameCube now, odds are you've never played SSB before, but I'd assume it's "aged" pretty well.

People who think Nintendo would bundle a game of maturity-level RE4 are fucking nuts. No chance. If a store only had for sale GameCubes that came with RE4, parents would go crazy.

But yeah, I agree that there isn't much left to bundle. If I were Nintendo, I would have bundled the LoZ E3 demo instead, as GameCubes will probably sell out in the distribution channel when Zelda comes out anyway, so it would be better to turn some of the would-be late adopters into slightly-less-late adopters by offering an exclusive zelda:TP demo.

Just a thought.

Top Bottom