• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sven Goran Eriksson up for the chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekajelly

It's about fucking time
music049.gif
the FA better fire his ass goodbye... And get a better manager like Martin O'Neil.
music049.gif

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004342649,00.html

I have to say lots of Brits are acting like Yanks about this, being so offended by his Clintonesque philandering. Why sack him for it when his tactical naivete and reliance on play moving through the overrated David Beckham has given you so many more compelling reasons to do it.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I just thought the players were shite in portugal.

If this is the new standard , what happens to any footballer who has had an affair?

Beckham? Seaman? Dyer? etc etc... Doesn't seem to be an issue for them does it?
And how the fuck has the head of the FA , who had an affair with the same woman, been given a light slap on the wrist, whereas Sven is getting dragged over the coals?

Typical fucking retarded English thinking - SNAP OUT OF IT.

Does anyone think Tord Grip is in love with him? I mean, I know his fortunes are tied with Sven's, but he reminds me of Gene Hackman's sidekick Scott from No Way Out.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
COCKLES said:
Best defence is a good offence.

So Sven has to go with his grab 'n smash defence tactics.

Kevin Keegan tried that, it doesnt work, you need a strong defence to be a half decent international side, Sven is the best thing to happen to the national side in a long time. He actually makes England look good. English managers just dont organise their players well enough in my opinion.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
id agree with that, other than rooney are players didnt look like anything special at Euro 2004. thats why we need sven, a foreign coach who can see our weaknesses from an objective standpoint, any english manager thinks england should win every game.

Ghost said:
id agree with that, other than rooney are players didnt look like anything special at Euro 2004. thats why we need sven, a foreign coach who can see our weaknesses from an objective standpoint, any english manager thinks england should win every game.

I agree with the needing a foreign coach bit but I just don't think Sven is it. His team selection is exactly what any England-born coach would have, and his tactics, while certainly not the entertaining but unrealistic nonsense of Keegan, aren't all that creative nor compelling with the players he has. I actually do think England should be a lot better than they are, but I'd get flamed for what I would do with the setup, and of course, everyone's a critic.

CelticFC#1

Free Scotland in 2008
The truth is, the FA are just using this as an excuse to fire him for his poor showing in Portugal and try and sack him on gross misconduct so they don't have to shell out about 14 million quid in compensation.

In my opinion he's did nothing to vastly improve the English national side and doesn't deserve the amount of money he's getting paid.

England were bottling tournaments 4 years ago and they're still bottling tournaments now.

Nothing has changed.

Shinobi

Lisa Lashes said:
England is like the Toronto Maple Leafs here. They've won fuck all in over 35 years yet their fans and media think they rule their respective sports.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
So true...I cheer 'em both, but I don't do so with blinders on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom