• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tale of Symphonia first review --[GI]

king zell

credit to nintendospy @ IGN boards

It got an 8.75 and a 8.5

Concept:Assemble pieces from several RPG's and still end up with something unique.

Graphics:Mixing inventive character models with cel-shading lends a Windwaker-meets-anime kind of feel.

Sound:Though not epic, the soundtrack is pretty mellow and compliments the game's tone.

Playability:The battle controls are a bit awkward at first, but eventually become second-nature.

Entertainment:One of the few great RPG's available for the Cube.

Replay Value:Moderate

Also, an unbelievable 8 page Metroid Prime 2 article.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sounds like a Good! game :)

AssMan

Banned
What about the Zelda pics? Are they new or just the ones we've seen, and are the MP2 pics new? If so, then..............Game Informer=GODS!

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Why did they bother reviewing it when the issue will be off the shelves by the time the game actually comes out in July?

Fifty

fenekku-gitsune said:
Why did they bother reviewing it when the issue will be off the shelves by the time the game actually comes out in July?

Because reviewing games early is the thing to do!

They just took it to a whole other level. I hope Mielke isn't offended.

king zell

more info from adv2k1 @ IGN

New unkown Visor is the: Dark Visor

Similar to Xray scanner in appearance and Farsight from Perfect Dark. You can see Dark creatures and things not in Light World but are in the Dark world when you use it. Talked about in multiplayer can look through Geometry to find people.

One pic is in the mag.

Possiblity of MORE than 4 beams is real

When they asked Retro, they gave a big "knowing smirk" and didn't say a word. Also no word on the Forth beam.

Dual Analog control is still a possiblity

They haven't totally closed the door on the idea, and they are still considering it.

New multi lock Missles are called: Seeker Missiles

Pictures are shown and the missiles will be used for puzzles as well as attacks.

Ok you got the read the mgazine to get it all, but I got out the juiciest parts.

Onto the reviews this month.

Chroniceles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay for Xbox GOTM : 9.5 and 9.25

City of Heroes: PC GOTM 9 and 9

GAMECUBE

Mega Man Collection: 9 and 8.5

Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban 6.5 and 6.5

NCAA Football 2005 : 9.25 and 9.25

Shrek 2: 7

Tales of Symphonia : 8.75 and 8.5

GameBoy Advance

Harry potter and the prisoner of Azkaban: 8 and 7.75

Sonic Advance 3 : 6.75 and 7.75

Good issue this month with all the E3 stuff covered. You should pick it up, the Metroid Prime 2 has some really intresting inside behind the scenes info, they are only company allowed in Retro

and I know scans are not allowed

I saved them to my HD anyway

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
explodet said:
With all the doom and gloom I've heard about this, this is reassuring.
I'd say this is because normal, sensible people do not nitpick classic collections nearly as stringently as core folks... which is fine in my book.

AniHawk

The multiplayer in MP2E is so damn fun. There's a lot to upgrade with and kill your friends with. It's awesome, and it looks like there's gonna be even more stuff than what I got to experience.

Top Bottom