• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TALES OF SYMPHONIA GOES GOLD (pr)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
San Jose, Ca., (June 21, 2004) – The perilous quest for survival will soon be a reality. Leading video games developer and publisher Namco Hometek Inc. announced today that its popular quest-driven role-playing game, Tales of Symphonia?, has gone gold. Exclusively for Nintendo GameCube?, Tales of Symphonia will lead players on an epic adventure filled with intrigue, sacrifice and surprises as it makes its way to retail outlets on July 13, 2004.

"Tales of Symphonia establishes a new standard for the role-playing genre of games," said Rod Nakamoto, executive vice president of research and development." Combining a dynamic battle system with breathtaking graphics, Tales of Symphonia provides an incredible game play experience with its story-driven action. Fans of previous entries in the Tales series will wholeheartedly embrace Tales of Symphonia when it arrives in stores this July."

The latest installment in Namco's popular Tales series of games, Tales of Symphonia offers full control of characters through its unique real-time battle system, allowing for the execution and combination of multiple magic spells and special attacks. Including more than a dozen mini-games and side quests, the game redefines the role-playing genre with an emotionally driven storyline transcending more than 80 hours of game play. In addition, Tales of Symphonia features characters designed by renowned Japanese artist Kosuke Fujishima, delivering beautiful anime-style cel-shaded graphics to the game's expansive 3D worlds.

Tales of Symphonia is rated T for Teen by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board and carries a suggested retail price of $49.99. The game will be available in stores nationwide beginning the week of July 12, 2004. For more information about the game or to enter the "Chosen One" sweepstakes visit the Tales of Symphonia web site at http://tales.namco.com/.

About Namco Hometek Inc.

Namco Hometek Inc. is the U.S. consumer division of Namco Limited, a Tokyo-based world leader in the high-tech entertainment industry. Based in San Jose, CA, Namco Hometek Inc. is an award-winning video games publisher for next generation game consoles. Namco has created some of the industry's greatest video game franchises: Tekken, SOULCALIBUR, Dead to Rights, Pac-Man World?, Ridge Racer, Time Crisis and ACECOMBAT?. For more information about Namco and its products log onto www.namco.com.

###

©KOSUKE FUJISHIMA. TALES OF SYMPHONIA? & ©2003 NAMCO LTD., ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ?, and Nintendo GameCube are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2001 Nintendo.

TEKKEN, SOULCALIBUR, PAC-MAN WORLD?, Ridge Racer, ACECOMBAT? and Time Crisis are trademarks or registered trademarks of Namco Limited in the United States and/or other countries. Dead to Rights? is a trademark or registered trademark of Namco Hometek Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'll probably pick this up...

I'm still rather disappointed in the lack of progressive scan, though.

dark10x said:
I'll probably pick this up...

I'm still rather disappointed in the lack of progressive scan, though.

I'm also disappointed, but what can you do...

However, is this something that can easily be added to games previously released in Japan without the feature? I've never been clear on that.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Me too. I'm playing the DeJap translation of Tales of Phantasia, currently. The game frickin owns, and I can't wait for more of these battles, a new story, and a new experience, in Tales of Symphonia.

MoxManiac

Holy crap, I just saw some movies of ToS's battle system in action, it looks like pure sex. I was originally going to pass due to the generic cutesy anime style and assumed generic RPG storyline, but now i'm picking it up for sure.

belgurdo

Banned
MoxManiac said:
Holy crap, I just saw some movies of ToS's battle system in action, it looks like pure sex. I was originally going to pass due to the generic cutesy anime style and assumed generic RPG storyline, but now i'm picking it up for sure.

Battles are the only reason to play Wolf Team games. They suck at stories.

kiryogi

Banned
belgurdo said:
Battles are the only reason to play Wolf Team games. They suck at stories.
:stabs: They're not called Wolf Team anymore.(and this isnt the first time you said that) and besides, the supposed linking to Phantasia and Symphonia is nice, but some others argue otherwise.
:beats this into belgurdo's head: It's Tales Studio!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Guys....I have only played ToP on the SNES. I have not played ToD or ToD II. Should I go out and buy those before playing ToS? Will playing ToS spoil me to the point of not wantig to go back and play ToD I & II?

Or should I just go straight to ToS? I do not have a GC but I am willing to buy one just for this game, given how much I enjoyed ToP. Should I?

Culex

Banned
isamu said:
Guys....I have only played ToP on the SNES. I have not played ToD or ToD II. Should I go out and buy those before playing ToS? Will playing ToS spoil me to the point of not wantig to go back and play ToD I & II?

Or should I just go straight to ToS? I do not have a GC but I am willing to buy one just for this game, given how much I enjoyed ToP. Should I?

Different universe,world, etc. No need to play any previous Tales game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Do the games even connect? (story wise)

I think you're OK if you're never played those games before, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try them since I think the battle system is similiar. And it ain't turn based

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I'm gonna watch some pics and movies over at IGN real quick.

kiryogi

Banned
As I've said before, theres a lot of refrences to Phantasia to the point that it makes it its prequel, but it's been argued other wise. You got simliar locations, and even rearranged music all from Phantasia. :D

Top Bottom