• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of the World : Reve Unitia coming to Nintendo 3DS

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah I'd much rather the official translation before jumping to that.

That doesn't really strike me as crazy unlikely given many smartphones are vastly more powerful than the 3DS and I don't get the impression this is a ragingly high effort title.

I'll find a real Japanese speaker though.

That doesn't really strike me as crazy unlikely given many smartphones are vastly more powerful than the 3DS and I don't get the impression this is a ragingly high effort title.

I'll find a real Japanese speaker though.

To me Tactics Union is like Abyss/DotNW level, and Abyss is already on 3DS. It's also really simplistic as the game is more or less on a board with some characters on it, I don't think that'd be too taxing at all, hell I'm hoping for that in 60fps (in 2D at least) on 3DS.

Also, should we consider that the quote is from the reader and not the article? Google Translate doesn't show any mention of graphics in the Famitsu website article.

Takao

Banned
Also, should we consider that the quote is from the reader and not the article? Google Translate doesn't show any mention of graphics in the Famitsu website article.

You expect "Yeah, this one looks worse than the one you can get for free" from a Famitsu article? Bandai Namco isn't paying for that.

OKAY!

One site scanned the whole article (so no links) and gave a tiny summary, saying it's a port, and they said the article calls it an enhanced port, with voice acting, new cut-ins and new art/forms for Tern and Nacht.

And again, no mention about the graphics in particular.

They show 3 in-game shots, and to me... they're identical. Maybe the person who made the comment referred to resolution, OF COURSE that would be worse, being now in 400x240.

Here's one shot of Tactics Union that's showing an area that's in one of the Reve Unitia shots for comparison if you find the scans:

iew2D2h7KKYPR.jpg

Yeah, pretty damn identical IMO.

Sitrus

Just picking up this again since some want a translation:

スマホのタクティクスユニオンをパワーアップさせたとか何とか
 グラフィックはむしろパワーダウンしているように見える。

In short -- An enhanced version of the smartphone game Tales Tactics Union, but with a seemingly downgrade in graphics.

EDIT: Though I cannot find any official source on this, or is this just from some blog? Nothing on the scan either.

Just picking up this again since some want a translation:

スマホのタクティクスユニオンをパワーアップさせたとか何とか
 グラフィックはむしろパワーダウンしているように見える。

In short -- An enhanced version of the smartphone game Tales Tactics Union, but with a seemingly downgrade in graphics.

EDIT: Though I cannot find any official source on this, or is this just from some blog? Nothing on the scan either.

I found that here:

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/38156678.html

As I said, I think the graphics bit is an opinion, because to me, it looks identical.

Yes, it is the writer's opinion(says it looks like), but from what I have seen, the smartphone game can render more pixels than the 3DS can. It's simply a limitation on the 3DS system itself.

Yeah, that's obvious, but in terms of raw graphics, they look very identical, it's kinda silly to just say it looks worse simply because of the lower res. Yeah, it's true, but redundant as can be. :p

And it looks good enough, especially if it's a port, it's the level of the PS2/PSP entries, whoopee. :p

Icing on the donut if it's in 60fps. I think it can handle that just fine, considering how limited the scope it; as I said earlier, the map is just a smallish board with some odds and sods with characters. Not a pusher at all.

L~A

4Gamer.net got lots of actual in-game pics, and lots on info (but haven't found a translation yet). You can find them all here.

Seda

4Gamer.net got lots of actual in-game pics, and lots on info (but haven't found a translation yet). You can find them all here.

Looks like the gist of it is:
-Main scenario fully voiced
-New animated opening and key scenes, new 'cut-ins'
-New characters (Tern/Nacht) now playable and join the combat with their human-like forms
-Two viewpoints for the narrative- one for Tern and one for Nacht, with the Nacht side being newly playable

Here are the most interesting screens:

ToWRU_Apr172014_02.jpg
ToWRU_Apr172014_04.jpg
ToWRU_Apr172014_06.jpg
ToWRU_Apr172014_08.jpg
ToWRU_Apr172014_10.jpg
ToWRU_Apr172014_12.jpg
ToWRU_Apr172014_14.jpg

Top Bottom