• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tarantino Says ‘Kill Bill Vol. 3’ Is ‘Definitely in the Cards’ but Would Be Years Away

kill-bill-3-tarantino-therman.jpg

Is “Kill Bill Vol. 3” going to be the last feature film Quentin Tarantino directs? The filmmaker recently joined Andy Cohen for a radio interview and confirmed a third installment in the Uma Thurman-led franchise is “definitely in the cards.” Tarantino said in July he was still in talks with Thurman about the project and added, “If any of my movies were going to spring from my other movies, it would be a third ‘Kill Bill.’” But Tarantino sounded even more confident about “Kill Bill Vol. 3” during his interview with Andy Cohen.

“I just had dinner with Uma Thurman last night,” Tarantino told Cohen. “We were at a really cool Japanese restaurant. I do have an idea of what I would do with [‘Kill Bill Vol. 3’]. That was the whole thing, conquering the concept. What has happened to The Bride since then? And what do I want to do?”

Tarantino added, “I didn’t just want to come up with some cockamamie adventure. [The character] doesn’t deserve that. The Bride has fought long and hard. I have an idea now that could be interesting. I still wouldn’t do it for a little bit. It would be at least three years from now. It is definitely in the cards.”

The “Kill Bill” director has long been outspoken about wanting to continue the series with a trilogy-ending third installment. Tarantino once said his plan for “Vol. 3” was to focus on the now-adult daughter of Vernita Green (Vivica A. Fox) as she pursues vengeance against Thurman’s Beatrix Kiddo/The Bride for killing her mother. Figuring out where The Bride is years after “Vol. 2” appears to have been a challenge for Tarantino, but it sounds like he’s finally cracked it and has brought Thurman into the loop.

Source: Indiewire

Last edited:
So is he only doing one more movie or not? I'm not sure I would want him to blow his final film on a sequel. I still want a 70s buddy cop film out of him.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
So is he only doing one more movie or not? I'm not sure I would want him to blow his final film on a sequel. I still want a 70s buddy cop film out of him.

Well, he already cheated by calling Kill Bill Volumes 1 and 2 "one movie", so he'd probably just say KB3 didn't count for some reason.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I don't consider that a cheat. They were one movie. That was the intent.

No they aren't. He can say they are, but they aren't. They came out 6 months apart and you had to pay the full price of admission to see both. You get both in a "box set", you download them individually, they have their own IMDB entries, etc, etc, etc.

The Lord of the Rings is not one movie just because they follow on from one another.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

im down but it should be its own thing

bill is dead, there is no more bill to kill

unless BB goes by billie or something and the little black girl grows up to kill beatrix and then come after billie... then it could be kill bill v3 i suppose

either i really hope they continue the story, they left it open enough to do so

EDIT: or a prequel, theres enough history there that they could create a cool story about someone trying to kill a young bill (hatori hanzo perhaps?)

Last edited:
No they aren't. He can say they are, but they aren't. They came out 6 months apart and you had to pay the full price of admission to see both. You get both in a "box set", you download them individually, they have their own IMDB entries, etc, etc, etc.

The Lord of the Rings is not one movie just because they follow on from one another.

If he says they are one film, they are one film. He is the director and writer. The only reason he had to split the film was due to running time concerns. The boxset, imdb entries etc are the fallout from that initial decision to have the film split into two parts.

He meant for them to be one film so he counts them as one film as part of his total of 10. That isn't a cheat.

AV

If he says they are one film, they are one film. He is the director and writer. The only reason he had to split the film was due to running time concerns. The boxset, imdb entries etc are the fallout from that initial decision to have the film split into two parts.

He can count them as one film all he likes. They aren't. They are two separate films telling a singular story.

"The only reason he had to split the film was due to running time concerns. " so he made two films. Doesn't matter why. You can't just fucking re-write reality on a whim. I can't write a song and say "it's actually ten because I say so".

Pagusas

Elden Member
He can count them as one film all he likes. They aren't. They are two separate films telling a singular story.

"The only reason he had to split the film was due to running time concerns. " so he made two films. Doesn't matter why. You can't just fucking re-write reality on a whim. I can't write a song and say "it's actually ten because I say so".

He can do whatever the fuck he wants and you can shut your dirty mouth.

DKehoe

I just hope they add Vernita Green's kid into the mix somehow. Either way, I want the last Kill Bill.

Yeh, I'm surprised he's talking like it would need to be the right idea for him to do it. I thought the idea of it being Vernita Green's kid going after Beatrix was something he spoke about years ago.

SiteSeer

who gives a fuck about this being number ten or if a trilogy doesn't count as independent movies. just that he's talking about it is exciting, kill bill wasn't the best of tarantino's efforts but its still a damn good set of movies. i'd like to see him do a trilogy just to have that in his oeuvre. the only weird thing in all this is the strange dedication to making only 10 movies and quitting to become some sort of film historian.

I hope he does, I've always regretted not seeing the original 2 in theaters as they're some of my favorite movies of the 21st century.

However I hope a third movie would involve Japan again, as I liked Vol 1 way better than 2.

evanft

Vernita's kid kills the bride in the first ten minutes. The bride's daughter, played by Maya Hawke, then seeks revenge.

This shit writes itself.

Why does it have to be his final movie? Dude isn't old. He wants to retire?

He basically wants to quit while he's ahead. He feels directors eventually lose touch over time and he doesn't want to be the type that overstay their welcome and weaken their legacy with out of touch films.

I don't know how he came to the conclusion that 10 was the magic number though.

Ichabod

Banned
It can still be called Kill Bill because, to Vernita's daughter, Beatrix has effectively become what Bill was to her in the first 2 movies.

Have Keith Carradine play his brother through visions/flashbacks, haunting present day Beatrix's thoughts once she realizes little Vernita has targeted her for revenge.

Top Bottom