• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract |OT| - Digital Copies Out Now, Blu-Ray 4/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as a person whose favourite Teen Titan is Garfield, would you say I have more to look forward to in this movie compared to JL vs TT?

Also, out of curiosity, without spoiling anything, could anyone tell me if Garfield role in Judas Contract is similar the comic version or reduced.
BB is definitely more fleshed out in this one compared to TT vs JL

Sou Da

Okay so this thing has dialog pacing issues throughout and BB's VA can't do "loud" and his dramatic scenes are far better performed than his comedic ones. Slade has a pretty fitting Voice actor and some great lines though.

Biggest issue is that Terra is unlikable from start to finish which hurts literally every beat of this story, it's a shame since everyone else manages to be endearing.

As an aside I have to ask: Why was Diana Troy in the epilogue and not the prologue? Why wasn't Aqualad there? Does Gar age slower or something?

Also at certain frames of animation Nightwing becomes "anime protagonist-man"

Penguin

Fun-fact, first DC Animated movie without Batman since 2013's Superman Unbound so baby steps.

As a whole, I dug the movie. Nicely paced. Great char beats. Some good action. Some... questionable... ok a questionable decision with Slade like mid-way but nothing else too major

I'm not too familiar so SPOILER for the end
who was the dude in the stinger?

Fun-fact, first DC Animated movie without Batman since 2013's Superman Unbound so baby steps.

As a whole, I dug the movie. Nicely paced. Great char beats. Some good action. Some... questionable... ok a questionable decision with Slade like mid-way but nothing else too major

I'm not too familiar so SPOILER for the end
who was the dude in the stinger?

I'm guessing
Jericho

what was up with
raven and the puppy?

I'm guess that is
Damian's dog Titus making an introduction.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Just finished it. Thought it was great, probably their best movie in a while. Alot more time is spent letting the characters breathe, which definitely helped.

Also my gf dropped her jaw at the whole
Terra wanting to fuck Slade
thing. She watched the cartoon as a kid but had no idea about that bit from the comics. That was a fun to tell her about lol

Her:
"Wait... How old is Terra?!

Me:
"She's... a teen. A teen titan."

Her:
"But she's..."

Me:
"Yup."

Her:
"Was that in the comic?!"

Me:
"Yup"

Her:
mama-no-o.gif

Me:
"Yup."

Blues1990

Just finished it. Thought it was great, probably their best movie in a while. Alot more time is spent letting the characters breathe, which definitely helped.

Also my gf dropped her jaw at the whole
Terra wanting to fuck Slade
thing. She watched the cartoon as a kid but had no idea about that bit from the comics. That was a fun to tell her about lol

Her:
"Wait... How old is Terra?!

Me:
"She's... a teen. A teen titan."

Her:
"But she's..."

Me:
"Yup."

Her:
"Was that in the comic?!"

Me:
"Yup"

Her:
mama-no-o.gif

Me:
"Yup."

LOL.

I honestly didn't know how they would handle that scene, what with 'The Killing Joke' adaptation and it's "additions" still fresh on everyone's mind.

I also wasn't expecting for the film to include the dialogue from the comic's epilogue, almost word-to-word.

Watched it, thought it was well done but yeah the animation is kind of bad in places. I like the other recent films but this was much better
not a fan of Flashpoint Paradox or Throne of Atlantis
Also thought the Tera/DS stuff was handled "tastefully" all things considered.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Watched it, thought it was well done but yeah the animation is kind of bad in places. I like the other recent films but this was much better
not a fan of Flashpoint Paradox or Throne of Atlantis
Also thought the Tera/DS stuff was handled "tastefully" all things considered.

I don't think anyone liked Throne of Atlantis lol. Pretty sure that one took me a couple months to actually watch. I kept falling asleep midway through.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Did I missed something?

Where was Kid Flash in the rest of the movie? He only showed up in the beginning

I think the team is like a boarding school. Starfire (and Dick) are just there to oversee things, but everyone else grows out of it. Well, except for Gar.

Phyranion

You know what? I loved this. Plot-wise, I can't imagine a better way of adapting this story to this format. It was quite funny at times too.

Fezan

it was ok. Much better than last 3-4 efforts. This one focused less on Damien so that's a plus.

Also they made raven very very weak. No idea why

Shaanyboi

Banned
it was ok. Much better than last 3-4 efforts. This one focused less on Damien so that's a plus.

Also they made raven very very weak. No idea why
They focused less on him but they also used his perspective as the angry outsider and his history with DS to really good affect.

VeeP

I remember seeing another post that this movie hints at the next DC Animated/Teen Titans flick. Anyone know what that is? (Besides the Harley/Bats/Nightwing movie)

Pau

Definitely my favorite since Flashpoint.
I can see people being down on it though because its way more character development than action, made me enjoy it more.

Nightwing redeemed.

Donna Troy yall!
Will I hate this given my opinion on Damian?

Kevinroc

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I saw it at Wonder Con and really liked it. I thought it was about as good an adaptation of Judas Contract as they could do given everything.

Ending spoilers.

I wasn't wild about the Kevin Smith cameo at the end. But YMMV on that. Definitely curious what the next Teen Titans film will be like with Donna and Jericho.

caliph95

Also can i say Judas Contract is the best dc animated movie we had in a while, probably my favourite of the New 52 movies along with Gods and Monsters and Arkham (i know they are not technically New 52 movies). Plus the only i'm fully satisfied with, though i'm not sure the fact i didn't read the original comic helps.
Also the relationship between Slade and Terra was handled better than i though it would be. Even call it tasteful

Alienous

There was a lot of dodgy animation in this but it wasn't terrible.

I thought the characters were well done. I liked Starfire. Nightwing did more than be a jobber. Damian and Beast Boy were portrayed well too.

Deathstroke though - that was a quintessential performance of the character. Just great. Such a prick. Aside from his face, which I'm assuming was a holdover from the character butchering that occured in Son of Batman, it was exactly what I'd expect from Slade Wilson. Voice, fighting style, everything.

Blues1990

There was a lot of dodgy animation in this but it wasn't terrible.

I thought the characters were well done. I liked Starfire. Nightwing did more than be a jobber. Damian and Beast Boy were portrayed well too.

Deathstroke though - that was a quintessential performance of the character. Just great. Such a prick. Aside from his face, which I'm assuming was a holdover from the character butchering that occured in Son of Batman, it was exactly what I'd expect from Slade Wilson. Voice, fighting style, everything.

Yeah, I was happy that Nightwing/Dick (for the most part) wasn't a pushover, and Damian was on the sidelines for this movie. I was honestly surprised with how solid Beast Boy was during the more somber moments of the film, as it made up for the moments when he tried to be hammy.

Labolas

Enjoyed this more than TT vs JL. But man, DC are really pushing for Damien. Although I'm glad he's shares more of the spotlight with other characters. I hope that they don't push a romance between him and Raven. Not a really a fan of that. But yeah, most of the characters were portrayed great and I don't think one character overshadowed another. And yeah, the animation was kinda all over the place especially towards the end.
Also didn't really like the Kevin Smith cameo.

All this love for Damien and Dick, but DC shows none for Tim Drake.

Grizzlyjin

Enjoyed this more than TT vs JL. But man, DC are really pushing for Damien. Although I'm glad he's shares more of the spotlight with other characters. I hope that they don't push a romance between him and Raven. Not a really a fan of that. But yeah, most of the characters were portrayed great and I don't think one character overshadowed another. And yeah, the animation was kinda all over the place especially towards the end.
Also didn't really like the Kevin Smith cameo.

All this love for Damien and Dick, but DC shows none for Tim Drake.

Does Tim exist in this current DCAU timeline? I don't think he's ever been mentioned. Probably because they don't want to squeeze too many sidekicks under Batman's umbrella. I agree that Tim is criminally underused. Baby steps though, we just now got some decent Nightwing action haha

I think a Robin and Raven relationship is inevitable. They had the strongest connection in TT vs JL, and even though this movie didn't focus on either of them, it did still point to them being close.

Grizzlyjin

Nope.

Is all we have atm.

That makes sense. It's hard to have a ambiguously 30-something year old Batman but then also say he raised several generations of sidekicks.

I forgot how much Bat-family setup Batman: Bad Blood did. Hopefully they capitalize on that soon.

Dynomutt

Not bad! As stated by many the Slade/Terra stuff was a bit interesting but could have been worse.

Villain was ok but worked in the end as usual animation was inconsistent when not in action. Other than that a decent bounce back. So Damien is the truth now huh?

Terra's story is handled much better in the CN series. There's a more cathartic journey while this is just a flat emotionless tale that leaves you indifferent to her outcome.

Terra's story is handled much better in the CN series. There's a more cathartic journey while this is just a flat emotionless tale that leaves you indifferent to her outcome.

I feel some parts were done better, but like someone else said, she personally didn't come off as likable at all through most of it so it didn't have some of the same weight as it did in the cartoon. Terra's costume in this is kind of ugly too and what was with that black lipstick and earrings?

Watched it and enjoyed it but I have been liking all their releases except for Killing Joke. I like that Robin
was stuck on a wall for a majority of the movie
made it ten times better to focus on Nightwing.
They didn't go far enough to make you care for the betrayal, they should have just put Terra in the first Teen Titans movie that is part of this series.
Im glad they made Nightwing competent for once. I hope they continue these Teen Titan Movies I like the team and I want to see more Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom