• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 now playable on PS4/PS5 via PS+ Premium…

ManaByte

Gold Member
…except it’s the PSP port.

3QfCdXL.jpg
5AtWyrc.jpg
aI9bUs9.jpg
7JbhHju.jpg

Brigandier

Was this the series entry that took exploding floors everytime a character touched the floor to new heights?

I hated that effect I really hope it's not as in your face in T8 it's so silly.

This is sad. I am currently playing Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag 2 on Series S and with improved load times and less saturation and higher brightness. They still look stunning outside of lighting in a few stages. Tekken 6 even runs at 1080p without motion blur.

6 was terrible. 5 resurrection was way better.
Not really. The remixed stages mostly sucked (some even had strangely low resolution), Dragunov was really bad, Devil Jin was absurd, some jabs were 6f, and mids hitting grounded opponents were dumb. The only problem with Tekken 6 is bound after wall splat and after floor break.

Tekken 6 was a very "you had to be there at the time" type of game I wouldn't revisit it

but at least it isn't tekken 4!
Tekken 4 is gorgeous and fun. It just needs a balance update and stage infinites patched out.

It's been .. a minute .. since I played T6, the PSP version did not have the 'campaign' brawler game right ?
No, it had an exclusive money battle mode and allowed offline ranks beyond First Dan on the other hand.

Last edited:
I can't see any difference from Tekken 1 to 7, except for the graphics. These comments surprised me.

Oooo Reaction GIF
Tekken did not have 3D movement until Tekken 3. Tekken 4 had full 3D movement like Soul Calibur, uneven ground, walls, destroyable obstacles, wall ukemis, and perfect input attack bonuses (aka Just Frame moves). Tekken 5 went backwards to please the seizure loving, back dash canceling Koreans. It also gave priority to jumping attacks (aka High Crush) and added floatiness to juggles. Tekken 6 added ground bouncing hits, floor breaks, and increased damage at low health (aka Rage). Tekken Tag 2 added team juggles, Mid Crush attacks, and more rage (both the mechanic and the personal likelihood of state). I do not even want to touch on the sequel, which shall remain unnamed.

When I saw this on the store I had a proper belly laugh, ridiculous.

And we'll never get that tekken 3 cause of licensing or something I can't remember
Bullshit. The arcade version has zero licensing issues and they even ported the original Tekken Tag (Super Tekken 3) to PS3 via Tekken Hybrid.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
But Tekken 4 is one of the best :pie_thinking:

even tekken revolution was better

tekken 4 had uneven ground man, uneven ground

between vf3 and tekken4 those were some dark times

every single one of the top players threw a fit at the time

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Tekken 4 is gorgeous and fun. It just needs a balance update and stage infinites patched out.

You forgot lack of variety, need more (and most would say) different characters the new close quarters battle system was hated
worst balanced tekken ever JIN was basically a SUPER SAYAJIN among mortals, hits didn't feel right so soft like everyone had padding, fake doa like control changes and move changes almost everyone hated

Tekken 4 really sucked back then esp when you could just go back to TTT and have a complete blast which is what I did

You forgot lack of variety, need more (and most would say) different characters the new close quarters battle system was hated
worst balanced tekken ever JIN was basically a SUPER SAYAJIN among mortals, hits didn't feel right so soft like everyone had padding, fake doa like control changes and move changes almost everyone hated

Tekken 4 really sucked back then esp when you could just go back to TTT and have a complete blast which is what I did
Tekken 4 made an effort to draw the franchise closer to realism and martial arts cinema at the time and your kind advocated for turning it into a clown show. Tekken 4 was a leap beyond Tekken 3 in the same way Virtua Fighter 3 was a leap beyond Virtua Fighter 2. Virtua Fighter 2 is even significantly worse than the first mechanically.

P.S. Revolution is the worst product with Tekken brand. You mentioning it above anything tells me how disingenuous you are.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Tekken 4 made an effort to draw the franchise closer to realism and martial arts cinema at the time and your kind advocated for turning it into a clown show. Tekken 4 was a leap beyond Tekken 3 in the same way Virtua Fighter 3 was a leap beyond Virtua Fighter 2. Virtua Fighter 2 is even significantly worse than the first mechanically.

P.S. Revolution is the worst product with Tekken brand. You mentioning it above anything tells me how disingenuous you are.

The people have spoken! We don't want realism or a fighting sim.....The VF3 changes were hated (other than a select few) it was a leap in the wrong direction that kind of thing should have been in some type of spinoff game for the 500 people who enjoyed it. I'd rather it be a clown show (modern tekken isn't exactly wowing me either) than a bore fest.

The core gameplay of Tekken Revolution (not everything else shitty about it) is better than Tekken 4 I'll die on that hill with pride

Tekken 4 is a failed experiment at best. saying its "beyond tekken 3" would get you laughed out of most fighting game debates

Last edited:
The people have spoken! We don't want realism or a fighting sim.....The VF3 changes were hated (other than a select few) it was a leap in the wrong direction that kind of thing should have been in some type of spinoff game for the 500 people who enjoyed it. I'd rather it be a clown show (modern tekken isn't exactly wowing me either) than a bore fest.

The core gameplay of Tekken Revolution (not everything else shitty about it) is better than Tekken 4 I'll die on that hill with pride

Tekken 4 is a failed experiment at best. saying its "beyond tekken 3" would get you laughed out of most fighting game debates
Virtua Fighter 3 was an important transition to 3D movement and stages beyond a ring with a backdrop. It was an evolution not just for the franchise but 3D fighting games. Even the flaws in the implementation of uneven ground are an important study that would be a major boon for the evolution of the Dead or Alive franchise. It also completely reinvented character movesets and spacing while laying an important foundation for the sequel.

Only a muppet would think adding unbalanced stats and adding spammable invincible moves would be an improvement to footsies in a 3D fighting game. I hope you have fond memories of that gacha bullshit because it is dead and buried. Unlike that piece of shit, Tekken 4 moved the franchise forward instead of moving it backwards and sideways.

Last edited:

YCoCg

even tekken revolution was better

tekken 4 had uneven ground man, uneven ground

between vf3 and tekken4 those were some dark times

every single one of the top players threw a fit at the time
It made the stages actually unique though, ever since Tekken 5 you can pretty much slap any stage on and the only difference will be wall breaks or floor breaks. With Tekken 4 with its more realism aspect it made height feel important, you could turn a mid into a high on the mall stage if you were on the stairs, etc, the car park and the lab were mainly flat. Not forgetting Tekken 4 has the best version of Tekken Force Mode which they tried to recreate TWICE with Devil Within and Tekken 6 campaign mode. There's a reason Tekken 4 is looked back on more fondly now than it was at release, it was the franchise doing, it felt like an evolved Tekken 3 with a millennium minimalism aspect.

Tekken Revolution was just watered down Tag 2, not a bad thing, I liked Tag 2 a lot, but why would I play that when I have Tag 2?

YCoCg

The PSP version was extremely impressive.

One of the best looking games on the hardware.
It was, ...but 5 DR was still better in terms of content and customisation and features. Tekken 6 looked great on PSP but it doesn't seem like it's being rendered higher than native here which is going to look pretty damn rough blowing 480x272 up to 4k.

Top Bottom