• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 Demo - LIVE now PS5, Steam, XBS

Matt_Fox

23.71GB The Tekken 8 demo is now available on PS5...

Playable characters in the demo are Jin, Kazuya, Paul, and Nina. Featured stages include Urban Square (Evening), Yakushima, and Sanctum.

REoa1hn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
23.71GB The Tekken 8 demo is now available on PS5...

Playable characters in the demo are Jin, Kazuya, Paul, and Nina. Featured stages include Urban Square (Evening), Yakushima, and Sanctum.

REoa1hn.jpg

Is this limited time only ?

I’m gone for another day for work. I want to make sure I can try this finally.

Matt_Fox

Just had a quick ten minute play, first impressions are that the graphics are very nice. Colourful and vivid, although there is loads of particle fx and lightshow type crap during the combat which might not be to everyones taste.

The story mode seems annoying, I don't mind cutscenes between fights but actually during them is just irritating.

Not sure if I've just been out of Tekken for too long, but this game feels heavy as fuck. Like I've played Tekken heavy except for the last two versions, and this feels damn near alien to me. I used King and Paul, and King isn't here, but Paul is. He feels so strange, and the game in general feels strange. Not even saying in a bad way, but just surprising. It's really a lot less loose than past Tekken games, which I'm all for.

Hyped to check this out, Tekken 8 will be my first purchase of 2024 before the insane flood of games in Feb/Mar. All indications are they wisely packed in a ton of content and didn't ignore single player modes which have *usually* been a Tekken staple, good times ahead, my boy King will be putting in that work.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Is this only for people that pre ordered the game? because i can't see anything on the store for it
Go to the game page and select "Version"
The Demo will be there with the Standard & Deluxe Edition

Bojji

It doesn't look to have high resolution but graphics are okay overall.

Gameplay is... tekken. I was addicted to Tekken 3 and Tekken 5 but not played much since then.

Demo is fantastic on PS5, didn't need to be sold on it but it just reinforces that Tekken is most definitely back and offering a wealth of content, can't wait, little over a month to go!

Luipadre

Last time i played a Tekken game was on PS2. This never looked good to me on videos, especially compared to SF6, but i said fuck it and downloaded the demo on PC. Holy shit this is fun. Story mode looks great aswell, native dualsense PC support with great haptic. Game looks and plays great man. I was never good at fighting games, but always liked them. This feels great to play

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Does the demo support cross play? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

2NPliIx.jpg

It's a great demo too! Looks like the final game will have a ton of single player content!

Last edited:

SABRE220

Is still dont get why ue5 is so damn heavy on resources even when not utilizing its core feature set, no lumens, no nanite and still 1440....I mean besides epic this engine seems like a damn headache to get a tune out of.

Ivan

I really miss the times when games like Tekken were technical showcase titles. I expected that after the first trailer, but no... Those geenral purpose engines never seem to do it for me for whatever reason.
Still, it plays awesome and I'll get it for sure.

It certainly made life much easier for some Japanese developers, but something is lost I feel...

Last edited:
Awful business. Worse than Tekken 7 at railroading combos and breaking flow. And the input lag is unbearable. Does not even have a single decent antialiasing option and no brightness slider. I expected something like this, but I am still disappointed. The hell were they even thinking with the avatar garbage. Survival and Team Battle would have been far better additions than those obnoxious chibi fuckers.

At least I will always have Tekken 2 through Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to enjoy.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

The Xbox version seems a little bit more responsive than the PS5 version, both are great having a really good time with the demo, gonna download on PC tonight before I decide which platform to play

NewYork214

Not sure I like the new stuff they are doing with tekken. Demo too limited. Doesn't have any of my go to characters so I'm not writing it off yet, but demo put sour taste in mouth.

Pressing L1, for the easy combos and whatnot is like anti tekken for me. See when full game is released tho. Still day one buy for me. Loved tekken since I was a kid. Was hooked to tekken 3

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It was fun. Kazuya transforming into Devil was great. He appears more powerful than his previous transformation. Still feels like Tekken. The colors add a lot to traditional bounce combos. I was motivated to get it, but something is holding me back. I’m so use to those characters.

Not sure I like the new stuff they are doing with tekken. Demo too limited. Doesn't have any of my go to characters so I'm not writing it off yet, but demo put sour taste in mouth.

Pressing L1, for the easy combos and whatnot is like anti tekken for me. See when full game is released tho. Still day one buy for me. Loved tekken since I was a kid. Was hooked to tekken 3
You can choose not to use the easy system. It's just for casual player. Nobody in high rank will use it.

nbkicker

Amazing optimation namco, first game or demo ive ever downloaded on pc that wouldnt run, at least got to play on ps5 last week, pc download on steam just hangs on loading screen then comes up with a InitializeSequence Error 3 and then cuts out

RoboFu

One of the green rats
took a quick look...

is it me or does the game look bad on PC? there is no HDR option?
I'm not sure if one of the scaling options is actually no scaling?
it just looks so dull and colorless and even if I run no vsync its always 60 fps during gameplay?

Last edited:

Luipadre

took a quick look...

is it me or does the game look bad on PC? there is no HDR option?
I'm not sure if one of the scaling options is actually no scaling?
it just looks so dull and colorless and even if I run no vsync its always 60 fps during gameplay?

It looks amazing on my OLED monitor on PC. HDR off, because the game looked weird with HDR, not even sure if its supported officially

Top Bottom