• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best takeout food thread

Krathoon

I always have a hard time ordering Chinese food.
It seems like the best thing is chicken curry.
I may try beef chow mein.

Maybe more of a noodle dish.

I need to see if I can get delivery from Applebee's.
What have you found to be the best takeout?

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Was going to say the same - Pad Thai, Pad See Ew or Pad Kee Mao (Drunken Noodles), take your pick. Curry puffs are money as well.
qPqcJTa.jpg

big fan of the gaprow myself :messenger_savoring:

Last edited:

Krathoon

I ordered Fazzoli's through Postmates and the order was delayed. So, I am eating at 9pm.

They really should give you a coupon or a discount when that happens.

GeekyDad

Pizza, to me, is always the safest bet in terms of quick takeout, and there are typically always some good ones in every town and city. Hard to fuck up pizza, even when you try.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Last time I ordered Thai, one side of my face got swollen up like crazy a couple of hours later.

Still no idea what happened but didn't dare ordering there again.

Hi all!

Here in UK I recently tried Oodles.. reeeeally nice - the salt n pepper chicken is awesome. Right now, hard to recommend elsewhere beyond this revelation. You can go in and watch them cook / prepare. Highly HIGHLY recommended.

Legit can't go wrong with that combo. I vacillate between sesame and General Tso's.

We don’t have a lot of good Chinese places near my place.
I started cooking a lot of Chinese and Japanese food because it is so good.
Thank god for YouTube, and now I can add more meat or fish to the dishes.
Always feel a lack of proteins in take away.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i only really order chinese food. sometimes i'll get something from the indian/chip shop.

i always order the same shit. chicken balls, curry sauce, chips, egg fried rice. if i'm feeling really fancy/hungry i'll get salt & chilli chips and king prawn rice. from the indian/chip shop i'll get either a doner kebab or a sausage/hamburger or black pudding supper with a couple fritters.

i'm not a pizza person. i don't get the fuss around them. there's nothing wrong with them cause i've had them before and enjoyed them but i don't get it. sometimes i get a craving for one but usually talk myself out of it.

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Indian food and I mean the real stuff not the crap soaked in oil. I treat myself to the following on special occasions. I need to starve myself that day in order to consume.

Lamb rogan josh
Chicken korma
Bombay potatoes
Tomato rice
Onion bhajis

Michael Douglas High Quality GIF

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'll say Chinese food and fried chicken are my fav for take out. Almost never eat it at the location. They hold up well on the drive home.

Burgers/fries I usually eat there. By the time you get home it's half cold.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I like KFC or Popeye's or a good small business pizza.

Yesterday, I had Jack in the Box. I normally don't like them but I do like their Sourdough Jacks.

Top Bottom