• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The FBI’s New U.S. Terrorist Threat: ‘Black Identity Extremists’

IrishNinja

Need to add Jamelle (good call), and also throwing out Shaun King for anyone else adding these

yeah Kings doing good work wiry tracking down those Charlottesville nazis & such, I'd just read too much (joy reid etc) that he's not alwuas had the best track record with social justice efforts..not quite hotep but between that & the flags that went off for me when he linked up with TyT I just pass on dude myself, but again I get it

"Black Identity" phrasing is key

They criminalizing being black.

Well they have a term for it.

The Trump administration will be waiting to roll out this new terminology. ALL Black people who protest police brutality will be branded as part of the BIE movement.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Waiting for White Identity Extremists.

Aaaaaaany day now.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Makes me wonder 50 years from now, which black public figures will it come to light that the FBI tried to frame or have assassinated to control this influx of "Black Identity Extremists."

I don't know considering the lack of public leaders who aren't entertainers or pundits right now....... I sort of think COINTELPRO did the job the first time around.

Faustek

I'm thinking of an old book where this made up country took in refugees from the US.

Wonder how long until it will actually be true and not just a few random people.

Wasn't one of the first things Cheetolini's DOJ did was to reduce focus on White Supremacist groups?

Yes, yes he did.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...amme-neo-nazi-counter-extremism-a7558796.html

So Muslims and Blacks are more of a concern than the group who had committed, and is considered the biggest domestic threat in the United States? Your bigotry is showing love.
This isn't surprising. Trump's father was either a full-blown Nazi or a Nazi worshiper. Trump's ex wife has stated that Trump used to keep Hitler's memoirs or a copy of his speeches in his bedside drawer. It took him MONTHS to disavow white nationalists. His cabinet has a least two people known to have liked or advocated for the Alt-Right and the KKK.

There is no longer, and probably never was, any doubt that our current President is a white supremacist. The question is, what can we do about it?

What I currently find funny is how our elected officials are supposed to work for us, yet we depend on them to hold each other accountable. We can't fire an unworthy or unsuitable President without his peers, all of whom supposedly work for the public, stepping up. I get the giggles when I'm in fear for my future and life.

Yeah shooter was totally justified right?

If you want to deal with crimes caused by poverty is it better to police more harshly or to reduce poverty? If you're dealing with crimes caused by drug addiction is it better to police more harshly or provide treatment for drug addiction? If you're dealing with a crime caused by racist police murders is it better to police more harshly or stop the racist police murders?

This is very well timed. After Charlottesville, after Trumps racist remarks regarding Colin Kaepernick, after the Vegas shooting.

It’s just further proof that this administration is retaliation for the first black president.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Do they? This is the same law enforcement agency who is being spun as announcing that white nationalism is as big a threat as radical Islam (perhaps not how I'd interpret the figures but there you go).

This is not to downplay the potential rhetoric behind this report or any biases the FBI may endemically have - I don't know. I'm not even from the USA. However, I would say:

i) Unfortunately, with so many police brutality allegations mired in quicksand and obfuscation, the FBI is very likely attempting to avoid further controversy by continually writing "alleged" or "perceptions" in their report. They are trying to avoid outright stating something slanderous that could prejudice something not completely proven. Of COURSE there is a problem with police brutality, and of course what the FBI have written comes across as if they're denying it because that's what we think as readers from the word "alleged"; but that's just the nature of the beast.

ii) Activism is not the same thing as "ideologically motivated criminal activity" on paper. In the minds of an investigator with bias unconscious or otherwise, perhaps there is - but at least in the words of a report, this isn't the case.

I worry that I'm sounding like a terrible apologist in the above, and I'm not intending to be. However, I also don't think that this report is intended to be some kind of horrific racist finger-pointing exercise; it simply identifies that some instances of domestic terrorism can occur through a twisting of an extremely positive ideology.

But we know that the FBI is literally monitoring white supremacist/nationalist groups. Example:
http://amp.usatoday.com/story/98000602/

Ya'll keep bringing up FBI statements or directions that were pre-Trump. February of this year, white supremacists and militia groups were made less of a focus, and that manpower and resources were directed towards Islamists (and Blacks now as well). Trump and his cronies have changed things.

The FBI, and the US government generally, has not historically been in the business of fighting white supremacy
I don't why it isn't common knowledge that the US government basically refused to pass anti-lynching legislation in the South for decades.
The US Federal government has long tolerated and abided violent White supremacy in the territorial United States. There have been very few exceptions and disruptions to this 200 year pattern.

celljean89

Neo Member
I believe that when Trump was elected as President, that America will be heading down the Nixon 2.0 lane. The damage the FBI has done, slow the progress of equality, and I knew that this was coming. And it still scares me and it hurts, knowing that this potentially could hurt black people.

So they want black voices to be silent, and black people should not be protesting.

So the Paddock guy builds a massive personal arsenal of weapons and there were no red flags. But they're worried about BLM? Fuck this.

Ok, that's not necessarily what I'm saying or what others are saying, though. This is the first step to the FBI using a violent act to crack down on a movement like BLM, meanwhile nothing being done on the long and tired white supremacist end of things or that massive movement (and make no mistake, it's far larger and more storied than BLM, maybe too big for the FBI to even tackle)

Their intent is going to be to stop BLM. That's the endgame. Not a single white supremacists group, rally, or any other element that radicalized that person in the article you posted is brought up. It's just "another individual." It briefly mentions the Aryan Nations but is there a follow up to that? That's a group that's been around since the 70s, so how is that crack-down going?

The FBI's job is not to stamp groups out of existence, it is to prevent them from engaging in crimes.

Granted, there is much potential for abuse here, and caution is warranted, but the false notions that the FBI doesn't track white supremacists is not a good rationale for concern.

NastyBook

I wanna smack the shit out of Cornel West for arguing that the same shit would have happened under Hilary.
Race Soldier murders happened under Obama, so...

Fuck your anthem, fuck your flag, fuck your Manchurian Candidates.

edit: Second sentence wasn't directed towards you, bleepey.

NastyBook

So they want black voices to be silent, and black people should not be protesting.
These WS don't give a shit about protesting. They don't want blacks consolidating any semblance of power or knowledge. These recent protests have only put black people in harm's way. This BIE bs is to interrupt the flow of information between blacks that (rightfully) don't trust the MSM to cover anything that benefits/empowers them.

Nikodemos

Armed neo-Nazis marching in the streets?

"Nah, 's OK."

A hostile foreign power using numerous domestic puppets to undermine the state?

"Ehh, just some wacky hijinks."

Black people demanding they be treated like actual human beings?

"THEM NIGGERS ARE GETTIN ROWDY AGAIN! CALL UP THE POSSE!"

You all know that's exactly what those worthless shitstains are thinking when they see black people protesting for their rights.

And people wonder why black folks are so cynical when it comes to the government.

This is half my problem with white liberal ideology when they super swear government will solve our problems without actually having any semblance of a discussion on dismantling the white supremacy that's at the root of government.

Top Bottom