• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2023 Nominees will be announced on November 13th

GHG

They even chased Geoff around the bamboo forests of Japan and still didn't get nominated.

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

mrmustard

Banned
Damn i forgot about Mario. Otherwise my predicition was not bad.

Winner will be either BG3 or Zelda, the rest has 0 chance anyways.

I think it will be Zelda>BG3>>Mario>>>>RE4>>>>>>>>AW + Spiderman

Pretty sure they will give Spiderman many of the other awards.

Madflavor

No FF16?
No SF6?
No Star Ocean 2 Remake?

Their list is trash.

None of those games deserve nomination. FFXVI might win Best Soundtrack, and SFVI will definitely win Best Fighting game.

Lol what a trash list. Re4 over Starfield lmao. And I love RE4

It's not a trash list. You're delusional if you think Starfield deserved to be on that list. Maybe if it were a less crowded year, but as it is, Starfield doesn't deserve to sniff the asshole of most of those games on that list.

GooseMan69

Wow, only one nomination for Starfield. Who would’ve guessed that during all the pre release hype? Kinda crazy.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I hope Neil Druckman gets up and starts walking towards the stage when they start "Best Adaptation" and then Gran Turismo movie wins and he has to go sit back down.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Not surprised Starfield is not nominated for GOTY but, damn, snubbing it for best score is borderline criminal. Just a monumental piece of work that blends with surroundings and gameplay in ways I have not seen much in videogames.
Do you have a music or theme to reccomend to us? A few posters have said the same and I am curious of what I have missed as I have yet to play the game.

Woopah

2 survival horror games? Not a huge fan of RE4 personally, but I think you're better off picking one to include.
The list is made by a poll. The two games could have been picked a completely different set of people.
The website crashed, but I didn’t see any nomination for Hogwart Legacy. Seriously?
This game is doing a lot of things good and it’s personally the best one I played this year.
I'm enjoying it too, but it did come out in a very packed year (and it reviewed similarly to Starfield).

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Do you have a music or theme to reccomend to us? A few posters have said the same and I am curious of what I have missed as I have yet to play the game.
Constellations, Decay Heat, Chamber, Triumvirate, Under a Distant Sun, A Red Land, New Atlantis, The World Machine, The Safety of the Citizens, Field Agent, A Home in the Galaxy, Tectonics, and like 30 more.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Best RPG
Baldur’s Gate 3 (Larian Studios)
Final Fantasy XVI (Square Enix)
Lies of P (Round8 Studio/Neowiz Games)
Sea of Stars (Sabotage Studio)
Starfield (Bethesda Game Studios/Bethesda Softworks)

Anyone want to guess who wins that? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
As long as it isn’t FF16, it doesn’t matter.

geary

Best RPG
Baldur’s Gate 3 (Larian Studios)
Final Fantasy XVI (Square Enix)
Lies of P (Round8 Studio/Neowiz Games)
Sea of Stars (Sabotage Studio)
Starfield (Bethesda Game Studios/Bethesda Softworks)

Anyone want to guess who wins that? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I’m surprised Zelda is on Action/Adventure and not here…Is at least as RPG as Lies of P and FF16

The website crashed, but I didn’t see any nomination for Hogwart Legacy. Seriously?
This game is doing a lot of things good and it’s personally the best one I played this year.
Keighley tends to play it safe because he needs sponsors for his advertisement-laden 'awards show', so he isn't going to risk pissing off the trans gestapo by giving Hogwarts any attention.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I think either Zelda or Baldur's Gate will win. Of those nominated games, Zelda is my favorite. RE4 close second. The others in my top 5 didn't make their list, nor did I expect them to.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm pleased to see AW2 and BG3 get nods. I think BG3 wins just about everything. My personal goty is three-way dance AW2/RE4/Dead Space. I haven't played Wonder or Zelda. I need to dig deeper into BG3 but I can recognize its objectively quality.

Woopah

The nominees are all made using fan polls? I thought there was a board.
My understanding is that it's a poll from a large number of journalists. If a game gets enough votes, it's a nominee.

Basically just means RE4 and AW2 both got lots of votes. There's no discussion about having multiple games from the same genre or publisher.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Constellations, Decay Heat, Chamber, Triumvirate, Under a Distant Sun, A Red Land, New Atlantis, The World Machine, The Safety of the Citizens, Field Agent, A Home in the Galaxy, Tectonics, and like 30 more.
I looked at a few of those and strangely the one that I liked the most is Moonbase, and it was not in your propositions. Thanks for that by the way. Only a few months left before being able to play it myself.
Edit: the music is this one. But when I look at it alone I got something else. Can someone help me find the name?

Last edited:

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
My understanding is that it's a poll from a large number of journalists. If a game gets enough votes, it's a nominee.

Basically just means RE4 and AW2 both got lots of votes. There's no discussion about having multiple games from the same genre or publisher.
So idiots who know nothing about music composition are voting. That really sucks. They should get some experts on the board for things like Art Direction and Music to avoid these weird game popularity contests finding their way into the more focused categories.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I have't played BG3, but I didn't like Divinity 2 so that's why I'm holding off on it.

I hope Zelda TotK wins, It's an incredible games, lovingly crafted. But, I do think it's a bit similar to BotW so prob BG3.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Best Score and Music
Alan Wake 2, Composer Petri Alanko (Remedy Entertainment/Epic Games Publishing)
Baldur’s Gate 3, Composer Borislav Slavov (Larian Studios)
Final Fantasy XVI, Composer Masayoshi Soken (Square Enix)
Hi-Fi Rush, Audio Director Shuichi Kobori (Tango Gameworks/Bethesda Softworks)
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Composed by Nintendo Sound Team (Nintendo EPD/Nintendo)
No Octopath 2? Are you fucking kidding me?

skit_data

I'm actually a bit surprised Mario Wonder got nominated and not Starfield, the nominations might actually be less procured than I thought.

Last edited:

Tg89

Yet to play AW2 and not really interested in Spider-man but seems like the 6 deserving nominees.

TOTK and BG3 stand above the rest, though.

mrmustard

Banned
Everyting in the entertainment industry is about the fear of minorities and the shitstorms they can start. Hogwarts Legacy is like Hitler to the woke activists while Spiderman is their wet dream. It is what it is, but this was to be expected in 2023.

Tg89

I'm actually a bit surprised Mario Wonder got nominated and not Starfield, the nominations might actually be less procured than I thought.

I mean it's nominated largely by the same journalists that gave Starfiled a (deservedly) mediocre score and Mario Wonder a (deservedly) great score so not sure what the surprise is. There's probably 5-10 games that would still be nominated after Mario Wonder but before Starfield if we're being honest.

Top Bottom