• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards Game of the Year 2023 Nominees

What game do you think will win Game of The year 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ungalo

I'm not an Xbox fanboy i think my posts can prove it. I think only one nomination for Starfield smells like bullshit, or boycott to say it explicitly. I think about a debate i had on this forum with someone telling me awards are about industry politics, perhaps he was right.

Even more obvious than Starfield, Hogwarts Legacy 0 nomination, pretty baffling even though i don't care about the game. Those two games should have been nominated for best art design, and probably win the award, no doubt in my mind.

But i don't know why i even bother.

Wooxsvan

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Dave The Diver GIF by GIPHY Gaming

bullshit list

What a lame list all dlc like games

• Alan Wake 2 sequel
  • Baldur's Gate 3 divinity orginal sin 2
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 dlc
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder best 2d mario
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom botw 2.0
Best Narrative:
  • Alan Wake 2 feel refreshing
  • Baldur's Gate 3 boring as fuck
  • Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty cyberpunk finished also best game for high end pc's
  • Final Fantasy XVI eeeh... boss battles are dope the rest is fucking boring
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 like the previous games battles suck and are just an inch above assass creed games
Best Art Direction:
  • Alan Wake 2 agreed
  • Hi-Fi Rush such a fresh game loved it with the musical spin
  • Lies of P play elden rings instead
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder best mario 2d game reminded me alot of misschief makers level gimmicks are amazing
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom if you didn't play breath of the wild.. skip this and play this game, shame this came later
Best Score and Music:
  • Alan Wake 2, composer Petri Alanko it was alright
  • Baldur's Gate 3, composer Borislav Slavov can't remember a thing
  • Final Fantasy XVI, composer Masayoshi Soken boss battles are dope af
  • Hi-Fi Rush, audio director Shuichi Kobori king
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, composed by Nintendo Sound Team like the first game what sound track? original? yes. boring also yes
Best Audio Design:
  • Alan Wake 2 sounds ok so far
  • Dead Space fucking masterclass
  • Hi-Fi Rush my goty
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 marvel sounds sick so does this game
  • Resident Evil 4 no offense but this is the worst resident evil part yet
Best Performance:
  • Ben Starr, Final Fantasy XVI sexy voice
  • Cameron Monaghan, Star Wars: Jedi Survivor did not play
  • Idris Elba, Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty lit as fuck
  • Melanie Liburd, Alan Wake 2 aye
  • Neil Newbon, Baldur's Gate 3 did not play enough
  • Yuri Lowenthal, Marvel's Spider-Man 2 maybe i should look up some youtube video because i barely made it 1 hour in
Innovation in Accessibility:
  • Diablo IV yeah great game to use my mummies credit card on
  • Forza Motorsport only game i did not play but i'm sure that special controller from xbox shines
  • Hi-Fi Rush no clue
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 pretty woke good on you netflix did the same a couple of years ago
  • Mortal Kombat 1 agreed it preys pretty well on retarded people spending cash on an thanksgiving fatality absolute bottom of the year
  • Street Fighter 6 best fighting game of the year with sp content.. but fuck you let's award it accessibility

tmlDan

I platinumed AW2 last night and i still don't get why people like it.

it's the same old Alan Wake with poor gunplay, a weird upgrade system, an annoying evidence board, lack of enemy variety, simple bosses, I was so ready for it to finish but it kept going.

Only game I have a hard time understanding why its on the list

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
I don't know if Geoff is on here, but god damn just make a simple text post. A table. Anything but this bullshit.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Thank fuck for that. Game Awars is still nothing more but a giant commercial though, which has absolutely nothing to do with legit awards (and rewards for that matter) and only exist for one pupose only - to inflate someones ego to insane hights even if it's totally undeserved.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Cause it's not a goty material, it's just simple as that

It's a good game, but honestly speaking, it's not even remotely close to quality of games like Alan Wake II, Baldur's Gate III, RE4 Remake or Tears of the Kingdom

Astral Dog

I like Zelda but im not sure why TotK is on the best Music category(the trailer pieces are bangers but they went for ambience since the last game,and a lot is repeated from botw) or best art direction

Last edited:
I platinumed AW2 last night and i still don't get why people like it.

it's the same old Alan Wake with poor gunplay, a weird upgrade system, an annoying evidence board, lack of enemy variety, simple bosses, I was so ready for it to finish but it kept going.

Only game I have a hard time understanding why its on the list

That’s what I feared. I haven’t played it yet. Gameplay seemed light.

I guess visuals are really good, and it’s atmospheric, but this is a wait for GamePass game for me

Maybe they wanted to give a smaller studio some recognition. Honestly I think Hogwarts got snubbed, but I suspect they didn’t want to deal with the trans drama surrounding that game

I actually really enjoyed Starfield, but this can be seen as nothing but a failure by Microsoft/Bethesda.

Can't hype a game up as the second coming and not even be nominated for GOTY on the biggest gaming stage in the world.

ahtlas7

I'm actually more surprised that Hogwarts is not in that list.
If it's about being rather mediocre in terms of RPG aspects or just because they still has this witch hunt hate culture against J.K I really dunno.
Exactly. It’s seemingly not nominated for anything. Tragedy.

tmlDan

I guess visuals are really good, and it’s atmospheric, but this is a wait for GamePass game for me

Maybe they wanted to give a smaller studio some recognition. Honestly I think Hogwarts got snubbed, but I suspect they didn’t want to deal with the trans drama surrounding that game
Yea, its beautiful and atmospheric and the story keeps you interested but everything around it is frustrating.

I'm not saying its shit or anything but not a GOTY when games this year were so good.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

I'd buy it. I think the gameplay is perfectly fine. The atmosphere and story are what puts it in the top tier for me. There's nothing else quite like it. Besides other remedy games of course. These games never sell huge and I'd like more of them so I'd say give it a purchase. Maybe wait for a discount if you're on a budget but it gets my recommendation for what that's worth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom