• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game That Outsold All of Halo.. And Killed A Man.

VN1X

Banned
With Unbound's release imminent and loads of NFS titles on sale I've decided to jump back in myself and go through the titles I've missed over the years. The last ones I actually played (and thoroughly rinsed) were Most Wanted (2005) and Hot Pursuit (2010). So that leaves me with about a decade's worth of NFS titles to explore, starting with the Most Wanted entry that came out in 2012. I played some of it yesterday and from what I've seen so far I already regret not having done so back when it first came out as it seems like a very solid game. I also got Rivals (2013), Payback (2017) and Heat (2019) coming up after that. Perhaps I'll also check out Need for Speed (2015) and the Hot Pursuit remaster some time but we'll see...

ANYWAY, all this is to say that before buying these titles on sale I did some digging on YT to see which ones held up and how they were received back in the day. Naturally, as you go about the youtubes, it starts recommending you more videos relating to your searches and so the algorithm decided to bless me with this little gem of a video:

I had never heard of the guy but his editing, analysis and funny bits are all brilliant lol. With Most Wanted (2013) being one of my favourite (if not THE favourite) NFS title(s) it had the added bonus of being a fun trip down memory lane for me; highlighting all of the cringy and edgy shenanigans that were part of culture back then as well. Fun times.

"Attention patrol division, we found multiple reports of... Mexicans"

I am dead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom