• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Home-Made Music Thread... Post your Works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motch

Howdy GAF Cats...

I'm here to get people to proudly display their works of art in music that they have made either as a band or by themselves. I love to hear other people's work, esp. stuff that is extremely talented, a little off the wall and more importantly, from you the individual. So post and strut your stuff. If you need web-hosting space, go to http://zed.cbc.ca and you can get unlimited hosting space for your stuff.

Here's mine... It was played at a talent show a couple years ago, taped on my friend's Pocket PC so the quality is not very good. You can get the gist of what's going on though, so check it out.

http://www.powergate.ca/~danby/A_SONG.mp3

ENJOY.

Motch

Hey if I want to get some drum beats to get for songs... like say MIDI files of the drum beats of Everlong and that kind of stuff, where abouts would I get them?

Oh, and I was going to record some stuff onto my computer directly by hooking up a patch cable. Can you think of any good free software to do it with, say a little more advanced that Sound Recorder?

Yoshifumi: That sounds awesome man, I'm writing a few acoustic songs right now, too... I'm going to post them here when I'm done, but it sounds good. *putting on playlist*

Pixelated: I listened to Intergalactic Asteroid, really good, a lot of the user comments like it too eh.

Motch

Okay, so I'm using this *ahem* trial version of Sonic Foundry Vegas 4.0... and here's the problem: whenever I strum, it has this sort of delay that attaches to it. I can remedy it a bit by selecting Mono Channel, but that really doesn't completely fix the problem. I'd rather get a good fix on why this is happening.

I'm using a Fender Acoustic/Electric, patched to a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 with a 1/4" to 1/2" converter... HELP!

You can listen to what I recorded here: http://www.powergate.ca/~danby/Steve 4.mp3

I'm normally pretty "on", but as you can see it jumps around a bit during the song, and it gets a little off the beat because of the delay problem.

robochimp said:
This isnt me, But its a friend of mine who got involved in a rap battle on the Something aweful forums. Dont worry its pretty clean.

http://zoomzip.prehensile.net/mp3/zoomzip_-_yo_internet_feat_smackdab.mp3
LOL - That is a ridiculous rap song...
"I don't even need the fuckin' music in the background." YO INTERN3T.

Hrm, I go directly into my SBlive via the Line In port and there's no delay at all. Maybe you could try that? If you have a direct-in box or some sort of effects pedal (it should do the same).

pixelated

thanks for the listen motch, your problem may be related to latency and I think if you google you could find zero latency drivers for your soundblaster

Motch

I'm looking for a good blues or 4-bar rock MIDI that I can solo on top of... you DnB makers should be able to help me out right?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Motch said:
I'm looking for a good blues or 4-bar rock MIDI that I can solo on top of... you DnB makers should be able to help me out right?

it'd be neat to have a thread where a DnB guy could throw down a beat and see what everyone can come up with over it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
some comments on my bros music would be excellent too :D

he's working on another CD and he wants it to be as good as possible =]

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
tt_deeb said:
Pretty good, what do you do?

I'm one of the guitarists. Our vocalist has gotten muuuuuuch better since those demos were recorded, so we sound a lot better now.

DopeyFish

Fight for Freeform said:
DF: I'd check it out, but BT doesn't work well for me...it's really slow.

Eminem: That's good stuff!

could be because of poor sharing among peers, at least im guaranteed as a seed ;)

FightyF

Banned
I think a lot of it your bros stuff sounds great, if I would criticize anything it would be some of the lyrics...sometimes words are stretched out to fill in syllables (in Candyland it happens a lot, but I really like the song itself).

I liked Dirty Harry the best...the song structure, the vocals (seemed more relax and natural) and the synth used gave it more depth.

DopeyFish

he says thanks ;) One thing I bug him about is the guitar depth, the recording tools weren't 100% so we couldn't get was the heavy guitar as originally desired.

Maybe next time we won't have a computer as our drummer too ;)

pixelated

yoshifumi you're damn good :) and dopey's bro stuff is nice too. I may be able to lay down some beats for you if want sef. But I never tried to make slow beats before.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Ideal Man
Joey & Suzie
Part Time Love Affair
Voices

Same tracks I always post for these threads, unfortunately - still haven't got the final mixing done (which will bring down the excessive reverb on the vocals and replace the disastrous solo on Idea Man with something that at least gets the timing right...

For those people who always complain about such things, we've actually had a couple of lineup changes recently - got a new drummer and a new singer after our old drummer left for a job in Wales and our old singer had to call it a day due to an allergy.

FightyF

Banned
I came back to this thread to listen to Candyland again (it was in my head all night last night :))...

iapetus, that stuff is pretty good! I'm not an expert on that kind of music, but I'll tell you this much, I like it! Voices doesn't seem like it clicks...maybe it's the timing...maybe the new drummer will help, but I still like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom