• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Joy of being part of the Master Race....

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Strange take. This would be like someone saying it is no big deal that it takes extra work to make an old game like Half-Life work because they simply keep an entire Pentium II desktop computer set up for this purpose, thereby making this issue with modern PC moot completely.
I think keeping a whole pentium 2 pc is way more work, weight and cables than keeping ps3 in a closet or attic.

Doesn’t mean I don’t have 3 1995-1998 pcs in my cellar.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Holy shit, just learn to troubleshoot your games, ffs. It's not that hard.

I don't understand how you consider yourself able enough to open a PC, connect cables and slots, install driver that match your operating system, but when it comes to Google how to start your game, you brain jumps from a cliff.

It's as simple as this, Microsoft knows that one console community isn't profitable anymore (no shit Microsoft, screwed up the Xbox so bad) That they are bringing their games now day and date to PC. They are also bringing games now to PlayStation and also Nintendo and sooner or later they probably will bring the bigger games like Halo, Gears of War, Forza and Fable to them. Playstation is finding out the hard way because of the leaked information that they are roughly going to be doing the same thing. They brought there games to PC. Granted they are older, they will start doing newer single player base games in the future. Gaas was just the start and with hell divers 2 doing extremely well on PC, Sony will relook at this whole idea of just bringing gaas games day one. You have all seen The rumor that Sony is in talks to bring hell divers 2 to Xbox. This is just the start. The gaming industry is changing people.

Last edited:

SHA

If it's disgusting to be able to enjoy online MP gaming without aimbots, wall hacks and all the other cheating BS that's rampant on PC.. then I don't wanna be anything else.

The lack of MyFreePaySite links on your homepage tells me you weren't a peak PC user of this era.
You could barrow more fps from the nearest rig, it's doable.

Fahdis

Holy shit, just learn to troubleshoot your games, ffs. It's not that hard.

I don't understand how you consider yourself able enough to open a PC, connect cables and slots, install driver that match your operating system, but when it comes to Google how to start your game, you brain jumps from a cliff.

Oh gosh... why didn't I think of that? Sarcasm aside between the uninstall and download, I did.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The mental gymnastics is, as we can't do anything about those problems, they don't count or are not problems.
that's it. Accept the game as it is.
People who are constantly looking for problems will find them.
Once can either finish bloodborne 100x times or keep complaining about it being 30fps and not on pc and never play it.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
What, you guys never heard of Cubic Tic Tac Toe, on monochrome monitor? Check your life. It's 3 dimensions.

This thread went into turbo mode, since I last checked. I loaded up the quotes, so I'm not backing out now.

You never factored in the electricity, the housing cost, the cost of education to bring you to a level of understanding capable of controlling the game, your parent's costs of life up to this point because you can't be here without them, their parents, ad infinitum. Cmon guys, to be a console gamer is way more expensive. While us pc bros, were just born with it.
The cost of the food that you need to eat to stay alive as to keep playing video games is also not an insignificant one too.

What if "PC" didn't create CPUs, GPUs, Gddr6, SSD, etc, for consoles to use?
You mean starting with the old Zilog processor or when you had to truly build stuff yourself? Consoles used cpus that weren't made for pcs back then. They Also created their own gpus and cart space was a form of fast ssd before they were a blink in pc makers eyes. Ram wasn't pc exclusive. What about trs? Apple? Nintendo? Pdas? Everything uses ram. Pcs don't have an exclusive on that. A lot of it could be general use. It's just that pcs are known for it. Pcs didn't have true gpus until ega and pcs didn't have scrolling tech until after Nintendo showed them how. Commander Keen was the first pc game to have nice scrolling graphics.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Your last paragraph is a bit harsh. Consoles don't have the same issues as pc.
Anecdotal but I don't think I had a single crash on ps5 and on ps4.... I mean I probably did but it's so rare, I can't recall.
Be it what you want, at the end of the day you put the disc in and play, patched or not. The console experience has been as perfect for me as can be considering console goals.
Where is the bs in that? Sure, the 360 had a ton of hardware problems but it was a bad hardware. Every hardware has issues or controllers stick drifts. We are not talking about this.

The console experience been as fine as it can be. if there are problems, it's usually the game fault. Rarely hardware or system level issues or user error/skill issues.
Aside from PSN. That UI and speed fucking suck asssssssss
No, they have other issues that, contrary to PC, can't be solved by the user. For example: Games can't run better than they do no matter what you do.

Here's another: I can't mod them to change language to the ones of my preference is developers for fuck fucking sake decide to automatically set them by system language with no option to change it. Actually that was the reason that made me not touch consoles for years, I play lots of Japanese anime games, if I have to play them with English voices I rather skip them, even if that means missing on master pieces,I just would not enjoy them. PC free access to game files solved that.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Journeyman project 3 - hold my beer
Me and my friend used to invite ourself to the only guy in town who had a Mac to play the original Journeyman Project.

Even after all this time I can still easily conjure the sounds of the game in my mind..

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
At least PC users have a problem that is solvable in many cases.

The problem doesn't exist on console because game or feature doesn't exist there.
These problems mostly exist with PC exclusive games or features. Nobody is having trouble playing Forza Horizon 5 or Control or Baldurs Gate 3 or Resident Evil or some other thing compared to PS5. They arise when you add 150 mods to Skyrim and the game starts bugging out due to issues, or having problems playing Max Payne because of the AMD Ryzen bug. "Get a PS5" doesn't work in that scenario because nobody's playing modded Skyrim or Max Payne on a PS5.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It's as simple as this, Microsoft knows that one console community isn't profitable anymore (no shit Microsoft, screwed up the Xbox so bad) That they are bringing their games now day and date to PC. They are also bringing games now to PlayStation and also Nintendo and sooner or later they probably will bring the bigger games like Halo, Gears of War, Forza and Fable to them. Playstation is finding out the hard way because of the leaked information that they are roughly going to be doing the same thing. They brought there games to PC. Granted they are older, they will start doing newer single player base games in the future. Gaas was just the start and with hell divers 2 doing extremely well on PC, Sony will relook at this whole idea of just bringing gaas games day one. You have all seen The rumor that Sony is in talks to bring hell divers 2 to Xbox. This is just the start. The gaming industry is changing people.
just because the thread mentions pc doesnt mean you have to go on about your "consoles are dead" rant. We're just talking about how to avoid shitty launchers here.

speaking of, has OP tried that BFV EA removal yet? I'm gonna look into it myself for BF1 and Fallen Order because GOD that launcher sucks balls.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I don't think anyone claims there are no fixes, it's a matter of having the time and patience. I used to tinker for the sake of it back in the day, but nowadays if something doesn't work out of the box I might not even bother googling it and either refund or play something else instead. Some games are inherently broken and 100% require the user to fix them, but they are being sold on steam without the developer/publisher fixing them or even putting a warning. That's hardly the user's fault. When you buy something being sold as new, you sort of expect it to work.
So do I, hell, I'll even check if I can refund it. If it's something like undesired VA language or just 30 fps I'll find a mod but if it's something like graphical glitches, crashes, have not opening, you can be sure I'll just send it back to Gabe or just drop it. I don't remember doing so in the past 7 years or so BTW, except for TLOU nasty port and Quantum Break which each horribly on my build at the time for reasons

Guys i think somethings wrong with my AI girlfriend PC. After the latest drivers she just runs her mouth all day.

Ive been praying for a BSOD and im hoping one day i will get it.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Wait, you're a multiplayer gamer and you play on console?

e47.jpg
I'm thinking on getting an Xbox Series X for multiplayer so I avoid my only issue with current PC gaming: Kernel Level Anti-cheat. Xbox has M&K support for the game I care about, at least in that regard PC is getting behind for me. But yeah PC is the defacto platform for competitive multiplayer.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Oh gosh... why didn't I think of that? Sarcasm aside between the uninstall and download, I did.
No you didn't. You said you found a post outlining fixes for GTA and instead just installed it.
You are basically re-enacting this scene in white men can't jump with the water.

SHA

PC gaming is for people who fall victim to their neurosis.

If comparison is the thief of joy, then PC gamers are the most oppressed demographic in the industry. We console players must pity them.
No, you're wrong, these misrepresent what they really are, I understand in every industry there are those who are genuinely awesome and could lead the whole industry to a better world to live but misrepresented by these who don't behave and care about others feelings and easily get others offended because of their place and what they have.

Fahdis

No you didn't. You said you found a post outlining fixes for GTA and instead just installed it.
You are basically re-enacting this scene in white men can't jump with the water.

This isn't my first rodeo with the game bucko. The fact is I come back 8 months later and the problem still persists.

just because the thread mentions pc doesnt mean you have to go on about your "consoles are dead" rant. We're just talking about how to avoid shitty launchers here.

speaking of, has OP tried that BFV EA removal yet? I'm gonna look into it myself for BF1 and Fallen Order because GOD that launcher sucks balls.

I haven't but I will today after redownloading BFV and Battlefront.

BlackTron

These problems mostly exist with PC exclusive games or features. Nobody is having trouble playing Forza Horizon 5 or Control or Baldurs Gate 3 or Resident Evil or some other thing compared to PS5. They arise when you add 150 mods to Skyrim and the game starts bugging out due to issues, or having problems playing Max Payne because of the AMD Ryzen bug. "Get a PS5" doesn't work in that scenario because nobody's playing modded Skyrim or Max Payne on a PS5.

Yeah it's not exactly like when you connected a gamepad to a sound card. Now any big game just works with native controller support and the experience is actually disappointingly samey these days lol. Consoles are like Apple land walled garden they make sure you can't break anything. On PC you can leave it the way it is or change it to your hearts content.

I get that it's a feature to get a curated selection of games that simply work on a TV box. But if you have any grievances with the experience that you could easily alleviate by going to PC, you should stop complaining. Paid online, insufficient performance, paid patches and remakes to change settings, buy whole new console to upgrade video card, physical games became a joke anyway.

I do really appreciate the utility of consoles too, I just stopped buying them and only go online using PC now. I still use a Xbox as a streaming box, access a few old games and download demos. The only reason it won over PS4 Pro is because it uses half the power and makes less heat in my TV stand lol. Such is the demotion of consoles when you have access to a PC.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I haven't but I will today after redownloading BFV and Battlefront.
I hope that works out for you then.

Not sure if we can fix Crew or Forza for you sadly, Ubisoft just sucks and Microsoft is stupid. But do consider that and the GTAIV downgrader to try and alleviate the launcher bullshit.

I'll use the launcher for gtaiv at the very least because they do use cloud saves (not as well as Steam) so I know my savefile is in a safe place. EA App never does that with any of my games.

Last edited:

keefged4

Part of the main draw for PC gaming in general to me is the problem solving and tinkering that comes with it tbh

avin

Exactly if you’re not ready to sit down for hours to get games working then just go back to consoles.

I did spend hours - days - tooling around with a three monitor setup and controllers for MSFS. But that one "game" is worth it to me. And when everything is working, which is nearly all the time now, the time I spent getting there makes it all the sweeter.

Consoles have their place, though. I use an XSX for CoD, and it's been fine. Just don't try to turn off crossplay. Because you can, they do allow it, but it'll complain at you, over, and over, and there's nothing you can do about it.

avin

Last edited:

Fahdis

Exactly if you’re not ready to sit down for hours to get games working then just go back to consoles.

Imagine thinking this is a perk. What kind of stupidity?

Found a new one. Downloaded Mirrors Edge Catalyst. Find out Achievements don't unlock anymore ON AN SP GAME due to it being tied to the EA App. Holy fucking shit...

BlackTron

that's it. Accept the game as it is.
People who are constantly looking for problems will find them.
Once can either finish bloodborne 100x times or keep complaining about it being 30fps and not on pc and never play it.

There is apparently a fine line between looking for problems and looking for solutions.

You guys would probably hate how I use consoles too. Modded my Wii U so I can use it to play one of my favorite games, Rogue Leader, on a modern TV through HDMI because it doesn't emulate well in Dolphin. Using the ISO of the original game I get superior image quality. This is the only "maintenance" I have done on the game since I bought it when GC came out, by your logic I should just use my GC until it dies and then buy another one, even though I can do something about it. Because that time would be better spent playing another session of the game on original hardware I guess lol.

If you had to spend time making the money you'll need to spend on a PS5 Pro which confers no additional benefit but graphics. How do you knock someone who puts the additional work in to improve their gaming experience? If it's not your thing that's completely understandable, but calling the people that do problem-seekers or neurotic is a deflection.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Imagine thinking this is a perk. What kind of stupidity?

Found a new one. Downloaded Mirrors Edge Catalyst. Find out Achievements don't unlock anymore ON AN SP GAME due to it being tied to the EA App. Holy fucking shit...
Learn that you don't buy EA, Ubisoft, and Blizzard games on Steam. You buy them on their launchers.

Last edited:

Didn't say Console's are dead, they will still be around but the games being just on consoles are dying in the Xbox and PlayStation camp.

Fahdis

Learn that you don't buy EA, Ubisoft, and Blizzard games on Steam. You buy them on their launchers.

You do know that you some people like to have their games in one place right? It doesn't make a difference anyways, it will open up the launcher anyways. Its an issue on EA App as well, its all over the place in discussions.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
it will open up the launcher anyways.
That is the point. No point in launching 2 launchers for 1 game. Just add a shortcut in Steam if that is a problem. I usually have my shortcuts all in one place (Desktop or a "Games" folder on desktop or Playnite.

Top Bottom