• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Lamplighters League Releases on October 3rd | Xbox Showcase Extended

Draugoth

Gold Member

FyhPCDTaAAUjE4j

Out October 3rd! Sneak, steal, and shoot your way through a world of pulp adventure in The Lamplighters League! Globetrot across a variety of exciting locales around the world and outwit your enemies in strategic turn-based combat - and, if you play your cards right, you might just save the world. Available Day One on Xbox and PC Game Pass, Xbox Series X|S and Cloud.​

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Finally a release date, I’m really hyped for this one since it’s from the Shadowrun devs.

There’s just way too much stuff announced at once though.

T-Cake

Ohhh, I didn't know this was by Shadowrun team. I've just been playing on XCloud. Seems like it could be fun. Going to download it on PC to carry on now.

PanzerCute

I started the game yesterday on Series X and I have to say I am really enjoying it!

I have not played many Xcom-like games so this feels fresh to me, but what really drew me in is the visual style, the characters and the whole "gentleman thieves league" atmosphere. Oh and the tactical gameplay is spot on.

Nice surprise.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I started the game yesterday on Series X and I have to say I am really enjoying it!

I have not played many Xcom-like games so this feels fresh to me, but what really drew me in is the visual style, the characters and the whole "gentleman thieves league" atmosphere. Oh and the tactical gameplay is spot on.

Nice surprise.

How's the performance? Only seen one review for it and it complained about multiple crashes and poor performance.

PanzerCute

How's the performance? Only seen one review for it and it complained about multiple crashes and poor performance.
It's not the best but it's far from what I read on some reviews. I think they added a 11gb day one patch.

I noticed a few frame drops but that was not a big issue. I only played 2-3 hours tho, so maybe it gets worst after? I dont know, but so far so good.

Last edited:

Nice surprise.
Is it similar to Gears Tactics? I'll have ago later tonight I think.

T-Cake

Yeah, in that combat is turn based tactics. But I can't recall if Gears had a "real time" mode where you can move about freely and do certain actions without needing action points.

PanzerCute

I played some more and had 2 crashes while reloading a save, and a few frame drops.
But the game is really cool so I can live with that (for now)

CeeJay

So, it's a mixture of live exploration until you hit combat and then it goes turn based?

Does it have a base building element like Xcom?

Roberts

Yes, very much like Gears Tactics, Mutant Year Zero, etc but with that pulpy 30's serial tone. Music is way better than games of this type usually have. Top notch stuff.

So, it's a mixture of live exploration until you hit combat and then it goes turn based?

Does it have a base building element like Xcom?
Not that I am aware of. I only played a little bit, no base building so far and I don't really think it will be there. It's more like Gears Tactics in that regard.

Played it in performance mode. It's really not optimised all that well and the framerate is all over the place. Wouldn't be surprised if it never really reaches 60fps. I mean, it is not exactly a game where it is important, but the presentation suffers a bit. Thankfully, that is the only weak spot so far. Also, no crashes for me, tho.

Top Bottom