• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Lost Banjo-Kazooie 2D Platformer - Game History Secrets.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Today on Game History Secrets we talk about the lost Banjo-Kazooie platformer for the Nintendo Game Boy Color, which was planned to release as Banjo Kazooie: Grunty’s Curse.

Liam Robertson is a video game researcher and archiver. In his spare time, Liam creates videos and articles for various outlets, and will also be contributing to the Did You Know Gaming channel.

Not a fan of Liam's because of Twitter stuff but I'll admit his content is informative and arguably has some insider knowledge.

This game is pretty impressive. Very Banjo-like, and it's running on a GameBoy Advance??

LiamR

Not a fan of Liam's because of Twitter stuff but I'll admit his content is informative and arguably has some insider knowledge.

This game is pretty impressive. Very Banjo-like, and it's running on a GameBoy Advance??

We've never even interacted before, my dude. Let's be friends.

stranno

Banjo Pilot Voxel version was the real lost of the Banjo-Kazooie license.

Its a shame because the prototypes run and look amazing. And the final Diddy Kong Racing Banjo-Pilot was just an above average racing game.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
We've never even interacted before, my dude. Let's be friends.
My dude I followed you and you saw my political beliefs, DMed me and called me a moron and I've been salty ever since. But hey if the offer is still there then for sure, bruh.

qBRe3Ni.gif

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
My dude I followed you and you saw my political beliefs, DMed me and called me a moron and I've been salty ever since. But hey if the offer is still there then for sure, bruh.
You forgot to say whether he was right, though.

Welcome (back) L LiamR I very much enjoy your content :). In the end, I am glad that not much was lost in terms of Banjo GBC here. It wa smerely a concept and did not go into production. Other Rare games suffered a worse fate. I wonder how far Twelve Tales got before it got scrapped..

I always enjoy watching L LiamR 's and DYKGaming video content (as well as several others on YouTube focusing on video game trivia, secrets and retrospectives). Keep up the great work, guys!

Last edited:
Top Bottom