• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Massacre of M2-XFE, 2020/12/31 (approximately $350 000 value lost)

Dark Rider

In Eve Online World War Bee 2 has been raging in the south of the map for 6 months and the bloodiest battle in the gaming history happened just as 2020 was closing and right before the start of 2021. PAPI (PanFam, Legacy and friends) invading Delve home to the Imperium (Goonswarm Federation, the Initiative and friends), the attackers were trying to take down a Keepstar in M2-XFE at the heart of Delve the defenders region and neither side wanted to back off and the result after 12 hours of battle is the bloodiest most costly battle in the game history, around 252 Titan class ships were destroyed (129 PAPI titans + 123 Imperium titans) and around 24 Trillion isk (approximately $350 000 value lost) and near 6 thousands pilots participating in this battle.

You can read a little more about it here:

And you can watch this quickly made video about it with cheesy commentary:

This is Dark Rider reporting from New Eden, Eve Online 07

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
Once again, reading about Eve Online seems more fun than playing it.

Yeah. I tried playing it and lasted like 45 minutes. But reading about these huge battles is pretty interesting, as are the political wars of the player-driven societies/economies

12 hour battle!!!

Don't these people have lives they have to attend to?

So this is what Neckbeards do in the basement?

From what I understand, people who play this game take it very seriously. I heard that actual real-life brawls break out at the annual convention, or some shit like that.

Ulysses 31

12 hour battle!!!

So this is what Neckbeards do in the basement?
World of Warcraft before Burning Crusade expansion had Alterac Valley 40 vs 40 PVP battles that could last for days easily.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Once again, reading about Eve Online seems more fun than playing it.

You can have all the fun you want in Eve Online given you set your personal goals realistically, play at your own pace, don't obsess over big things and don't shy to jump between groups until you find the one you are happy to hang out with.

12 hour battle!!!

$350,000 in real money lost? So about $1400 (edit: checked, it's about $3000 at current rates) to build a Titan class ship in the game. Yikes! Expensive hobby. Is that a shared expense among many players?

It's amazing the monetization that some of these games have.

People can enjoy their free time however they want so if fighting it out in a long winded battle and having fun with their group in communications so be it.

Yes $350,000 in real money but it is not as easy or straight forward as that, indeed there is a way to convert real money into in game currency and buy things that way but you also can get all those things in game without paying a cent (aside from the game subscription) and in fact I think most of what was lost was all bought without using any real money (aside from paying the game base subscription) BUT if you took all what was lost in this battle and tried to buy it using real money it would have costed you approximately $350,000

Yeah. I tried playing it and lasted like 45 minutes. But reading about these huge battles is pretty interesting, as are the political wars of the player-driven societies/economies

From what I understand, people who play this game take it very seriously. I heard that actual real-life brawls break out at the annual convention, or some shit like that.

Eve gathering are among the most friendly gatherings actually especially Eve fan fest. Yes there are stories about some bad apples taking it too far and doing things in real life but that is both rare and have nothing to do with Eve gatherings.

World of Warcraft before Burning Crusade expansion had Alterac Valley 40 vs 40 PVP battles that could last for days easily.

As long as they are not harming anyone (including themselves) in anyway its fine to have fun.

Last edited:

acm2000

An epic battle of mega nerds vs uber nerds.

there mustve been so much shouting coming from moms basements.

Top Bottom