• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Matrix Reloaded's Complete Score finally getting a release this August!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really feel like these soundtracks never got their just due. I like the fact that The Matrix never really had some overarching theme or used a ton of motifs. I think some are turned off by this fact however.

I think that the little "high/low" theme at the beginning of the movies (And found a couple of times in a few other places) is brilliant.

I always thought that brass swell was characteristic of the Matrix, especially Reloaded. So many songs manage to work it in in some way or another.

I really wish Rob Dougan would go back to music, Furious Angels was a masterpiece :(
He put out a solo album years ago that was godly. I think that's why he's done though. He made so much money off of licensing that he could afford to hire like a 50-piece orchestra to make a techno album. After that I guess he felt like there was nothing else to be said. Now he owns a vineyard and pops up on Twitter once every blue moon talking about an award his wines one or a major review of them.

I wish he'd get back to music too, but eh, that's life. Usually artists keep making art even if they aren't aiming for commercial success because it's just in their blood and the couldn't stop even if they wanted to. He's one of the few that did.

Tokubetsu

That's fast then!

The release is almost identical to the bootleg, with which I am familiar so I'm not going to ask you about that.

But how are the included interviews? How many pages long (are they short)? Are they noteworthy?

Booklet is with actual writing stuff is about 20 pages. Not just a dry interview but something you would find in a magaizine, part prose? It's called "Another Red Pill" and it's written by Tim Greiving. Not all of it's about the music though (about half of it is).

Booklet is with actual writing stuff is about 20 pages. Not just a dry interview but something you would find in a magaizine, part prose? It's called "Another Red Pill" and it's written by Tim Greiving. Not all of it's about the music though (about half of it is).

WOW! I really need to get this then!

What is about the other half then?

Tokubetsu

WOW! I really need to get this then!

What is about the other half then?

Just kinda general production stuff. Obviously not gonna post the whole thing but two pages an example. One is the first page he other is around the middle:
igI7FoiAPcu9Q.jpg

iztuI6qcJLi8W.jpg

legacyzero

Banned
Really feel like these soundtracks never got their just due. I like the fact that The Matrix never really had some overarching theme or used a ton of motifs. I think some are turned off by this fact however.

I think that the little "high/low" theme at the beginning of the movies (And found a couple of times in a few other places) is brilliant.

Hoping that Reloaded continues to gain respect as the years go by. It never deserved to be thrown in with Revolutions, even if they were filmed at the same time.

Edit : Not sure why I didn't bring this up first but, I actually have a bootleg "Complete Score" of all the films. They are wonderful.
Good GOD, that theme still gives me the chills!

He put out a solo album years ago that was godly. I think that's why he's done though. He made so much money off of licensing that he could afford to hire like a 50-piece orchestra to make a techno album. After that I guess he felt like there was nothing else to be said. Now he owns a vineyard and pops up on Twitter once every blue moon talking about an award his wines one or a major review of them.

I wish he'd get back to music too, but eh, that's life. Usually artists keep making art even if they aren't aiming for commercial success because it's just in their blood and the couldn't stop even if they wanted to. He's one of the few that did.

Is the solo album Furious Angels?? Cuz thats the only one listed in his wiki page.

Anyway I find it crazy he only released an album and some singles and then called it a day. Maybe he disliked something about the music industry.

Revolutions coming in December!! http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23342&page=7

The Matrix Revolutions is coming out soon. In fact it might be as early as this December. Just came back from a meeting with Don Davis and asked him. And his response was that it's funny I should ask about that, because he just listened to album masters just recently and it should be coming out around Christmas.

Nice guy, by the way. And funny too.

Karol

Revolutions is out!

1796003_1015232548579rgdrj.jpg

http://lalalandrecords.com/MatrixRev.html

MATRIX REVOLUTIONS: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)

LIMTED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

Order now! Autographed copies are no-longer available.

NOW SHIPPING

La-La Land Records, WEA and Warner Bros. presents the latest release in its Expanded Archival Collection, the 2-CD remastered and expanded re-issue of renowned composer Don Davis' (BOUND, THE MATRIX, THE MATRIX RELOADED) original score to the 2003 conclusion of the famed sci-fi/action THE MATRIX trilogy, MATRIX REVOLUTIONS, starring Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne and Carrie-Anne Moss, and directed by The Wachowski Siblings. Composer Davis closes out one of the most notable sci-fi trilogies in all of filmdom with an astounding original score that is a stunning culmination of his breathtaking MATRIX masterworks. Expanded over two discs, with a running time of over two full hours, this presentation of MATRIX REVOLUTIONS, produced by Dan Goldwasser and mastered by Mike Matessino, contains music recorded for, but ultimately unused, in the final film, as well as bonus alternate cues. Film music journalist Tim Greiving takes the listener down the rabbit hole with his exclusive, in-depth liners while Dan Goldwasser's sharp art design recalls THE MATRIX universe with style. This is a limited edition of 3000 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1

Logos/Main Title 1:24
Nothing But Blue Pills*/AK, Cold and Mauser*/Our Lit Ovens* 2:24
Oracle Debacle* 1:38
Rama-Kandra/The Trainman Cometh [Juno Reactor and Don Davis] 2:42
The Trainman Goeth* 1:50
Tetsujin [Juno Reactor and Don Davis] 3:23
The Road to Hell*/Time's Up*/The Road to Sourceville 5:46
He Is You* 1:36
The First Goodbye*/The All-Knowing Oracle* 5:32
The Logos Location*/It's Crazy Zee** 5:08