• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Microphone in PS5's DualSense Controller Will Identify Users and Eliminate Crosstalk

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Because everyone has a right to an opinion and I choose to exercise mine, unless we are in a communist country.

Having the right to hold an opinion does not entitle you to do drive-by put downs/troll in every PS5 related thread you find trying if you see what looks like good PS5 news.

Other could disagree about what you watch on TV, not sure if you would condone them staring at you and trying to shout their opinion through the window and follow you around just to tell you and others listening just to troll the program you like to watch.

caffeware

Banned
What do you think that button is?

7pr6Zkv.png
To send my data to the fbi servers.

Having the right to hold an opinion does not entitle you to do drive-by put downs/troll in every PS5 related thread you find trying if you see what looks like good PS5 news.

Other could disagree about what you watch on TV, not sure if you would condone them staring at you and trying to shout their opinion through the window and follow you around just to tell you and others listening just to troll the program you like to watch.
Ain't no one addressing you, lol.

Last edited:

TBiddy

Am I misunderstanding the article? It says that Sony has filed and published a patent. From there to actual implementation is a long way.

Edit:

Read the original article. The article just explains that there's microphones in the controller and that Sony has a patent for identifying the users voice. Should probably be mentioned in the OP that this is pure guess work.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Xbox controller sounding awfully weak right about now 😬 I say that as an Xbox guy! The DualSense sounds amazing.
Eh, I'm a believer that the XBOX One controller is GOAT. That's derived from years of using it.

The DualSense looks sweet and I hope it delivers all it claims, but we have a picture, a lot of marketing speak, and a rich history of subpar game controllers. Havingbahhad every PS, my biggest issue with them is the controller.

Chun Swae

Banned
Eh, I'm a believer that the XBOX One controller is GOAT. That's derived from years of using it.

The DualSense looks sweet and I hope it delivers all it claims, but we have a picture, a lot of marketing speak, and a rich history of subpar game controllers. Havingbahhad every PS, my biggest issue with them is the controller.

LOL the only marketing speak is the PR game that Microsoft has always been good at. Their controller literally had less features than Dualshock for 2 generations now. No integrated batter, speaker, mic, or touchpad. It's literally just a chunk of plastic with asymmetrical sticks

The Alien

Banned
LOL the only marketing speak is the PR game that Microsoft has always been good at. Their controller literally had less features than Dualshock for 2 generations now. No integrated batter, speaker, mic, or touchpad. It's literally just a chunk of plastic with asymmetrical sticks
Lol x 2.

Microsoft is good at PR and Marketing now?
The XBox chunk of plastic just works....and works comfortably.

Asymmetrical sticks would have been a great start for a ne PS controller IMO. Integrated battery is a personal preference. I was always charging my PS4 controller with the 3 foot cable they gave you. The speaker was decent (and I am excited for the mic on DualSense) but I dont think the touchpad was used to it's best extent....but def better than the light bar.

The primary purpose of my comment, I stand by. We gotta get out hands on the DualSense. I'm skeptical but at least as far as controllers, Sony is (slowly) heading in the right direction.

Leyasu

Banned
I always game with a headset. I don't see the need for a mic in all honesty.

Not knocking it, just don't see the hype in it. But fair play to those that are excited I guess.

Chun Swae

Banned
Lol x 2.

Microsoft is good at PR and Marketing now?
The XBox chunk of plastic just works....and works comfortably.

Asymmetrical sticks would have been a great start for a ne PS controller IMO. Integrated battery is a personal preference. I was always charging my PS4 controller with the 3 foot cable they gave you. The speaker was decent (and I am excited for the mic on DualSense) but I dont think the touchpad was used to it's best extent....but def better than the light bar.

The primary purpose of my comment, I stand by. We gotta get out hands on the DualSense. I'm skeptical but at least as far as controllers, Sony is (slowly) heading in the right direction.
Is that a serious question? They've been playing the PR game ever since they lost the console hardware sales race this generation. First with people acting like gamepass is the second coming of christ, and now some people acting like the xbox controller is the pinnacle of design. When it has significantly less features than dualshock for yet another generation.

Top Bottom