• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense’s Microphone Array Has Active noise Canceling and More

Alphagear

Sony announces built in Microphone in controller

Reaction by some- Going be useless with all the background sound, Privacy issues and sound quality will be poor.

Sony announces Microphone has Active noise cancelling and more.

Reaction by the same people - Its going to be expensive.

Same people will be more than happy to fork out money for a controller which costs the same as a games console.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Sony announces built in Microphone in controller

Reaction by some- Going be useless with all the background sound, Privacy issues and sound quality will be poor.

Sony announces Microphone has Active noise cancelling more

Reaction by the same people - Its going to be expensive.

Same people will be more than happy to fork out money for a controller which costs the same as games console.

Same for when Xbox announces things.

Some people already have their conclusion in mind before reading the news, and quickly find the justification for it, rather than the reverse.

It sucks, it’s annoying, but I guess all you can do is focus on the genuine commenters. The former usually expose themselves as shills, with crisscrossing logic that makes no sense, sooner or later.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yes 600 dollar console confirmed. Give it a rest.

lol look what i found
EVGEbolWoAAAcpO

If your audio setup is that good It would support ARC, which offers more bandwidth and features then your optical input can.
I don't use optical though.... Not sure why you came up to a dumb conclusion like that? Can you show me where I said i use optical? Or at least something to point towards that at least?

I only use usb, xlr, etc. Foolish to comment on things you have no clue on. 🧠 :messenger_fire: 🧠 :messenger_fire:

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Last edited:

Fake

Not going to happen.
By the amount of feactures. Was just my guess, but could end not beating, but near? We even don't know if Dualsense have back button. Dualshock 4 + back button attach still add a money with easily can be beat by Dualsense.

What did DS4s go for at the beginning Of the gen? was it 60 bucks?

The DualSense seems amazing and packed with features, 80 dollars or less seems fair to me. More then that seems a bit too pricey for the new standard pad

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
By the amount of feactures. Was just my guess, but could end not beating, but near? We even don't know if Dualsense have back button. Dualshock 4 + back button attach still add a money with easily can be beat by Dualsense.

If this is to be the standard controller, it will not be near "Elite optional" pricing. Maybe $10-$20 more over this gen tops, and still sell the DS4 along side it since they will work with the PS5 as well, just lack the haptics, adj. triggers, etc..

Last edited:

Fake

If this is to be the standard controller, it will not be near "Elite optional" pricing. Maybe $10-$20 more over this gen tops, and still sell the DS4 along side it since they will work with the PS5 as well, just lack the haptics, adj. triggers, etc..

We can use the DS4 + Attach price as a base and guess the additional price of the new feactures Dualsense have in comparison wiht DualShock4.
Was a old rumor telling about the possibility of PS5 box not coming with Dualshock 5 AKA Dualsense?

spawn

I will stick with the headset. Since everyone will have a mic I'm sure I will be muting a lot in lobbies.

I will stick with the headset. Since everyone will have a mic I'm sure I will be muting a lot in lobbies.

I’m hoping to hear a lot of

giphy.gif

In my Overwatch 2 matches

At least there will be truly no excuse for teammates not communicating in team-based competitive multiplayer games next gen (well, on PS5)

spawn

I just realized one thing they could do is when you're playing a stealth game the mic array will listen to you and if there is noise in your house then the enemy will hear you. Alien: Isolation did this with the PlayStation Camera if you had it. I could see that being an interesting gameplay mechanic

June

The built-in microphone is a useful feature. Many times I want to speak but also don't want to wear headphones (for the sake of comfort).

DrAspirino

Banned
I play games with an audio setup that cost way more than upcoming consoles. Having a good audio solution is a bit differentiator from the next person. But I highly doubt consoles will support high end audio solutions, which is shitty, as Microsoft has done away with optical audio and what not.
Ehmm... just connect the optical out from your TV to your DAC or receiver. It's still pure digital audio. In fact, I have that setup: Xbox to TV via HDMI and TV to DAC via optical S/PDIF and then DAC to receiver via stereo analog cables.

Ehmm... just connect the optical out from your TV to your DAC or receiver. It's still pure digital audio. In fact, I have that setup: Xbox to TV via HDMI and TV to DAC via optical S/PDIF and then DAC to receiver via stereo analog cables.
I don't use optical at all or even own a console. I was just saying it was stupid of MS to remove it. I go from my pc, usb to my dac, xlr's to amplifier, to headphones or speakers.

Top Bottom