• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next big NFL thing? Apparently not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

"Today's Duluth (MN) News Tribune contains a story regarding Brock Lesnar’s attempt to get in to professional football after leaving WWE.

As it stands, no NFL team have officially signed Lesnar to a contract and with camps starting in the next week or so, it does not appear likely that any team will do so. The article reports that the Minnesota Vikings are set to give him a second workout next week, but that it's unlikely the team with sign Lesnar in-time before camp starts.

It looks as though Lesnar’s best hope now is to get signed to a team's practice squad, which is sort of like the NFL's version of OVW. If this was the case, Lesnar would not be able to play or dress for any of the teams games, however will be given chances to learn the team’s system by having time to practice with the guys.

So, at this point it looks as though Lesnar’s decision to leave WWE and play professional football has backfired, as it looks very unlikely he will be signing with a team for this season."

I wonder if he'll go back on his "I was miserable wrestling" take and show up on smackdown...

DJ_Tet

Banned
bjork said:
"Today's Duluth (MN) News Tribune contains a story regarding Brock Lesnar’s attempt to get in to professional football after leaving WWE.

As it stands, no NFL team have officially signed Lesnar to a contract and with camps starting in the next week or so, it does not appear likely that any team will do so. The article reports that the Minnesota Vikings are set to give him a second workout next week, but that it's unlikely the team with sign Lesnar in-time before camp starts.

It looks as though Lesnar’s best hope now is to get signed to a team's practice squad, which is sort of like the NFL's version of OVW. If this was the case, Lesnar would not be able to play or dress for any of the teams games, however will be given chances to learn the team’s system by having time to practice with the guys.

So, at this point it looks as though Lesnar’s decision to leave WWE and play professional football has backfired, as it looks very unlikely he will be signing with a team for this season."

I wonder if he'll go back on his "I was miserable wrestling" take and show up on smackdown...

What's OVW?

Shinobi

If money isn't a major factor for him, he should try and land with a CFL team for the rest of the year. The only problem is that the season is well underway.

DCX

DCX
DJ_Tet said:
What's OVW?
Ohio Valley Wrestling. It's where WWE stars go to rehab, where rookies train before they move it up to the big shows. The breeding grounds so to speak.

DCX

Miguel

I wanna see Lesnar become a Cowboy. Around week 17 when the Redskins and Cowboys are tied for the wildcard, Lesnar sucks it up in the first half, after having a great season, 15 sacks, 70 tackles, 2 INTs.

Suddenly, at halftime. You see someone in the Dallas locker room.

*goes into JR mode*

OH GOD...BROCK...WHAT IN GAWDS NAME ARE YOU DOING? NO! DON'T DO THIS TO (Testagreeny,Carter,Henson). OH MY GOD! NO BROCK NOT THE CHAIR! FOR THE LOVE OF HUMANITY! I SWEAR TO GAWD BROCK LESNAR HAS BROKEN (Testagreeny,Carter,Henson) IN HAWWWWLF!!!

bjork

I really thought he would make it, but I still don't like the way he left the WWE. I wouldn't expect him to return if he was so miserable, but if he does, you know Vince will make it that much worse to kind of re-initiate him...

Boogie

Maybe he'll give up on football, train MMA for six months, then go to Japan and fight in Pride.

Well, I can dream, can't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom