• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next fighters to join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is Crash Bandicoot and Monster Hunter.

levyjl1988

Banned

hc73kQh.png
GbkY084.png

too bad, I wanted Dr. Eggman and Nightmare :(

8C9OMYo.png
kMQIWsR.jpg
mjXy0sO.jpg

rubenburgt

I'm going for a safe bet and bet that it will be another Fire Emblem/Sword character.

Also, why are users guessing characters from other platforms? I mean. C'mon. Really? Master Chef and that silly character from Knack?

You know who I think have decent chances of getting added and who I would like to see added? Spyro and Bomberman. These character did had their games on the switch. (And walluigi, but the Devs hate him.)

mortal

Crash is such a perfect fit for Smash. I'm surprised he hasn't been added yet.
Would be a nice change up from the recent trend of sword weilding anime fighters.

Codes 208

Gold Member
Can’t watch, any summary as to how this person came to this conclusion? Any merits to his words?
Crash is a no brainer. It's about Time just got announced for Switch the other day. Monster Hunter also makes a bunch of sense

Considering MH: Rise releases next month and how there’s already a rathalos in-game, yes it definitely makes sense.

And the nice thing is the level of versatility could make a Monster Hunter play similar to Byleth

wa600

I'm going for a safe bet and bet that it will be another Fire Emblem/Sword character.

While I agree with the rest of your post, I dont see for what reason they would include another Fire Emblem character. I think when they announced the DLC fighters, a new Three Houses character was pretty much certain. Fire Emblem had always a huge role in Smash. Would have been silly if they suddenly didnt put in a character from the newest game which is actually by far the biggest and most successful Fire Emblem.
Putting in Byleth to me feels like the compromise to represent Three Houses with a single character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom