• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next Resident Evil Showcase begins October 20th. Featuring Resident Evil Village and Resident Evil 4

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
licking terry crews GIF

Saber

Gold Member
I'm looking foward to it.

But no offense, SH way beyond this for me. Well, until they end up showing crap stuff.

Doom85

Okay, so what does this mean for Resident Evil games after the fourth one? Are we going to see Code Veronica X remake?

CV and 0 getting remakes would be awesome.

And then after that, maybe we finally get a Dino Crisis 1 remake, Capcom? I mean, listen, that troll move with Exoprimal was cute and all, but eventually you’re going to have to give the people what they want.

Okay, so what does this mean for Resident Evil games after the fourth one? Are we going to see Code Veronica X remake?
Came to post something similar. I doubt it'll be CVX but I'd be totally in favor of it happening.

I'm really curious about RE9 cause Capcom previously said that there was going to be a Winters trilogy. Well, they recently confirmed that the Winters' era is over. This Rose DLC is the 3rd part in the trilogy.

If I'm making a guess that feels realistic, I'd say that Chris/Jill will be co-leads in RE9. I'd be down with that, toss them in another Spencer Mansion type environment. That'd be sick.

HYDE

Banned

And then after that, maybe we finally get a Dino Crisis 1 remake, Capcom? I mean, listen, that troll move with Exoprimal was cute and all, but eventually you’re going to have to give the people what they want.
Nah! Give me DMC 1 & 3SE remakes!!!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wonder if we will see some sorta glimpse at the CE of RE4R. And if it’s a Leon statue. Cause why not have another Leon statue.

Doom85

Nah! Give me DMC 1 & 3SE remakes!!!

say what chris rock GIF

What would be the point in that? The RE remakes serve to transform the older games into the modern style of control while still retaining the survival horror element of it. 4 is the exception as the original was different from 0-3/CV control wise, but I imagine the remake is designed to make the tone more in line with the original vision for the game. A Dino Crisis remake would naturally follow the same logic as the RE remakes of 2 and 3.

But Devil May Cry remake, what could that add? There’s not a major way to change the gameplay style and stay faithful. The earliest game is PS2 era so the graphics increase wouldn’t be as major as transitioning from PS1 to now.

Besides, DMC fans are still getting new entries. The last Dino Crisis entry was 3 in 2003 (and it wasn’t even good). The latter’s fanbase deserves a win already, so just chill, you even got your DMC V SE to keep you busy.

angrod14

I couldn't care less for the first-person RE games, but super pumped for the R4make. I just hope they don't ruin it by implementing the shooting mechanics from RE2 and 3 Remakes.

GenericUser

RE8 can go and die in a fire. Super hyped about RE4 though. But I still won't watch anything. I want to go in blind. I don't want to spoil my possible goty 2023.

Generic

4 is the exception as the original was different from 0-3/CV control wise, but I imagine the remake is designed to make the tone more in line with the original vision for the game.
This is my worst fear. Instead of improving the game Capcom will remove everything that made it good, just to follow current trends.

Last edited:
I couldn't care less for the first-person RE games, but super pumped for the R4make. I just hope they don't ruin it by implementing the shooting mechanics from RE2 and 3 Remakes.
They are putting your precious 3rd person view in RE Villiage just so you know. Definitely worth checking out in either first person or 3rd imo. Fun game.

Ev1L AuRoN

One if my favorite RPGs, I was considering renew my subscription to play it again but I end up choosing the switch version. Being a crossgen PS3/PS4 engine I have complete faith that the Switch version will play fine and this is the type of game a rather play in a handheld form. Anyway still a massive win for Microsoft and Gamepass users.

HYDE

Banned
say what chris rock GIF

What would be the point in that? The RE remakes serve to transform the older games into the modern style of control while still retaining the survival horror element of it. 4 is the exception as the original was different from 0-3/CV control wise, but I imagine the remake is designed to make the tone more in line with the original vision for the game. A Dino Crisis remake would naturally follow the same logic as the RE remakes of 2 and 3.

But Devil May Cry remake, what could that add? There’s not a major way to change the gameplay style and stay faithful. The earliest game is PS2 era so the graphics increase wouldn’t be as major as transitioning from PS1 to now.

Besides, DMC fans are still getting new entries. The last Dino Crisis entry was 3 in 2003 (and it wasn’t even good). The latter’s fanbase deserves a win already, so just chill, you even got your DMC V SE to keep you busy.
Still nope! And have remained chill throughout bruh

SCB3

yea wtf is the issue with Dino Crisis 1 and 2, they were pretty good games imo, just at the time the genre was a little tired

I think CV is prime for the remake treatment imo, its a good game in need of some polish

Doom85

Still nope! And have remained chill throughout bruh

If you chill, why are you trying to deny other fanbases their remakes? See, you could have originally said, “yeah! And ALSO give us DMC remakes” instead of shooting down my original idea.

Acknowledge Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

anthony2690

I lost faith at Capcom after RE3, first time i'm not preordering an RE game. Hopefully RE4 is gonna be a real RE game and not a big DLC like Resident of Duty 3 was.
I thought resident evil 3 remake was excellent myself, seemed like a high quality resident game, just a bit on the brief side.

No idea why people try to make out things are like call of duty when they are nothing like call of duty either.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the showcase, pre-ordered the expansion pass for village, looking forward to replaying in third person :)

& Really looking forward to seeing more off resident evil 4, hopefully we get a couple minute gameplay section or an overview, I'd be happy with either.

Last edited:

SSfox

I thought resident evil 3 remake was excellent myself, seemed like a high quality resident game, just a bit on the brief side.

No idea why people try to make out things are like call of duty when they are nothing like call of duty either.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the showcase, pre-ordered the expansion pass for village, looking forward to replaying in third person :)

& Really looking forward to seeing more off resident evil 4, hopefully we get a couple minute gameplay section or an overview, I'd be happy with either.
It's 5 hours long game, and they cut too many iconics moments that made original RE3. And also no Mercenaries the legendary game mode for RE3 that all fans love so much, it's even more annoying considering how awesome the characters models were for Jill, Carlos, Nicolai and Mikail, instead they made that lame online game that no one give a F about.

RE3 remake was a good game on its own i guess, if it was sold a 40$ DLC for RE2 and you 've never played and don't know anything about RE3 original, i guess. But no where a near a dignified remake for the legendary RE3 nemesis PSX.

Arachnid

I lost faith at Capcom after RE3, first time i'm not preordering an RE game. Hopefully RE4 is gonna be a real RE game and not a big DLC like Resident of Duty 3 was.
I'm with you on RE3make. Personally, it's the second worst in the series for me right before RE6. Even RE5 was better than that mess. At least the action in 5 was actually fun and hectic. RE3 was just boring.

I have faith in RE4make though. It's by the RE2make team. They're also remaking the most famous and highest rated RE game this time. No way they're going to phone it in.

Pathetic.

The king is finally back capcom, go back in your dirty cave.
hail-the-victorious.gif

Seriously, the RE 2 statue should have been Leon and Claire together. Missed opportunity.
Meh, I kind of like the single character theme they've got going. I've got my Leon, Chris, and Jill statues already. Claire will come with CV eventually.

Someday, somehow, I'll get a Rebecca statue with a new game too, and then I'll have the complete set of character statues. Having a second Leon statue does kind of throw off the theme though. I don't like Ada, but maybe it would be better for the RE4 CE to come with a statue for her. I do love Leons RE4 look, but his RPD costume is as good as it gets for him so no point trying to outdo it.

Last edited:

anthony2690

It's 5 hours long game, and they cut too many iconics moments that made original RE3. And also no Mercenaries the legendary game mode for RE3 that all fans love so much, it's even more annoying considering how awesome the characters models were for Jill, Carlos, Nicolai and Mikail, instead they made that lame online game that no one give a F about.

RE3 remake was a good game on its own i guess, if it was sold a 40$ DLC for RE2 and you 've never played and don't know anything about RE3 original, i guess. But no where a near a dignified remake for the legendary RE3 nemesis PSX.
I agree the extra areas and mercenaries mode would've been a very nice addition, it's a huge shame they got cut.

Sadly I think they was hoping the 4v1 resistance mode, would carry the price tag to £39.99. (Uk price)

But I do not think many of us bothered with it.

But I think the game itself was great, just a bit on brief side sadly.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Let's go Capcom!!!

BTW, bring back Megaman!!! 11 was 4 years ago and I want an FPS/TPS Megaman 12 :D

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
I'm eager to see what's shown here. I thought they clarified that RE4R would be done by the same group that did RE2R? Or maybe I'm misremembering? I thought RE3R was fine for what it was, but I thought a lot of the changes they made weren't.... good. IMO they didn't make anything better, if anything, it made the experience worse. Removing portions of the game, scripting Nemesis, removing the path selection, etc.

I'll get the DLC for Village cause sure why not? Even though I thought the game was fine, but I enjoyed 7 a lot more.

Generic

I have faith in RE4make though. It's by the RE2make team. They're also remaking the most famous and highest rated RE game this time. No way they're going to phone it in.
This is a problem, the RE2 Remake team never did something like RE4. The RE3 Remake was a better choice since they were composed of ex-developers from Platinum and Clover.

RE3 Remake had good combat mechanics (dodge/counter), RE2 Remake didn't.

chixdiggit

No mention of RE:Verse? At what point can we ask for a refund?
I mean I'm sure it will be garbage but it was sold as a bundle.

Arachnid

This is a problem, the RE2 Remake team never did something like RE4. The RE3 Remake was a better choice since they were composed of ex-developers from Platinum and Clover.

RE3 Remake had good combat mechanics (dodge/counter), RE2 Remake didn't.
Those are just quick time events though. The third person movement and gunplay in RE2 were A1. Also, the handling of the knife was perfect. Straight out of RE4. Add in some button prompted melee/dodging, and you've got the entire system translated.

IMO they're the right fit because they put care into translating the product right. Maybe not faithfully, but with thought put into upgrading it. Mr. X was such a mechanical upgrade from anything else in this series, it's wild (nevermind OG Mr. X). Now they're giving the same care to characters like Chief Mendez who was only encountered in cutscenes before his boss fight; now he's going to be someone you can encounter in the village (likely a stalker). These guys have some legit expertise in their craft IMO

Generic

Those are just quick time events though. The third person movement and gunplay in RE2 were A1. Also, the handling of the knife was perfect. Straight out of RE4. Add in some button prompted melee/dodging, and you've got the entire system translated.

IMO they're the right fit because they put care into translating the product right. Maybe not faithfully, but with thought put into upgrading it. Mr. X was such a mechanical upgrade from anything else in this series, it's wild (nevermind OG Mr. X). Now they're giving the same care to characters like Chief Mendez who was only encountered in cutscenes before his boss fight; now he's going to be someone you can encounter in the village (likely a stalker). These guys have some legit expertise in their craft IMO
RE2 doesn't have gunplay or movement, it's a "aim and shoot" type of game, with zero mechanical deep, while in RE3 good reflexes are rewarded with headshots and counter-attacks. You can feel the Platinum/Clover background in the game.

Turning the Chief into an immortal stalker NPC would be terrible and against the arcadish action gameplay that made RE4 so good.

The RE3 team is simply more skilled for this type of (action) game. Sometimes you don't need to listen to fans, Capcom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom