• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Info on Resident Evil 9, Code Veronica Remake, Zero Remake, Future Remakes, Remaster Collection, Capcom USA Influence, Cancelled Games & More

dezzy8

Capcom USA is weird as hell. People were “outraged” at re5 when it originally released. It still sold like crazy. And it’s in Africa, of course the majority of the zombies will be dark skinned.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Capcom USA is weird as hell. People were “outraged” at re5 when it originally released. It still sold like crazy. And it’s in Africa, of course the majority of the zombies will be dark skinned.

? Nah...

First, that isn't weird for Capcom USA to look out for the interest of the company in terms of westernization of such a thing based on PR. Pretty sure Capcom has a USA office for shit exactly like this, its even more odd to fucking acknowledge that anyone was outraged and then question Capcom USA lol

If some controversy existed regarding it then, it will be a bigger deal now and Capcom USA's job is to give Capcom some advice, plan, something to prepare for that.

Like you said, its in Africa, of course zombies will be dark skinned as its clearly in Africa, that very much can be a PR statement made as the concern is 100% warranted. If they exist to catch shit like this and have no statements prepared, not game plan on how to deal with the publics reaction over the game, that is more of a fail imho.

That would be more fucking "weird".

So I'm not arguing about if anyone agrees or disagrees over this shit, I'm saying its something that must be addressed for their PR and makes sense for that USA portion to have concern. So you made a great point about the game clearly being in Africa, that is what the PR team can lead with when the remake is revealed.

So it is not odd or weird that people will be outraged, its more weird if Capcom USA has zero gameplan on how to deal with that reveal though.

EDMIX

Capcom USA is probably the reason the girls in RE have an obsession with Skorts

They the reason why Claire out here looking like this lol

images

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TGO

A few days ago, a leak was posted on this subreddit based on a video from Screenfire Germany. Unfortunately, the post contained mistranslations and combined personal speculation/ opinion with insider information. The post also didn't cover the whole video.

In the video, which is the recording of a livestream, Andi from Screenfire Germany answers questions from his community. I have watched (I'm German) and combined all the insider information he received from his sources. Some of his answers are vague, and it's not 100% clear where info from sources ends and speculation begins. I tried my best to separate it and only include insider info in this post. The video was published on May 12. Andi's last update from sources was around February/ March 2024, as stated in another video.

RESIDENT EVIL 9

-Resident Evil 9 began development as a multiplayer game in 2016/2017. The development was restarted at the end of 2018, and multiplayer was abandoned.

-Leon is the main character of the game.

-Jill will support him as a coop partner, similiar to what Sheva was to Chris in Resident Evil 5.

-Last year in August, Andi received information that Jill could potentially be cut as a coop partner.

-Resident Evil 9 will release in the first quarter of 2025.

Don't like that it started as a multiplayer game of some kind.. guess we'll see soon enough.
VARIOUS REMAKES

-Little to no cut content for upcoming Remakes due to higher budgets than Resident Evil 2 and 3 Remake.

-Resident Evil 1 Reremake is being discussed, but not in development at the moment.

-Capcom USA has a say in creative decisions.

-Resident Evil 5 Remake is a hot topic. Capcom USA has concerns about the racism controvery. Capcom Japan is less concerned about this. Capcom wants to remake Resident Evil 5, but is unsure about how and when.

-Ashley Graham's Popstar outfit was removed from the Resident Evil 4 Remake because Capcom USA considered it too revealing. It was removed shortly before launch.

-A call was put out for a producer and director for Resident Evil 6 Remake, but no one was interested.

-No more content for Resident Evil 3 Remake. The game sold well enough, and Capcom won't revisit it.

-Resident Evil Revelations 1 Remake has been discussed at Capcom. Andi doesn't know the outcome.

Sounds like Capcom USA should not have any creative input to me.

Surprised that REREMake isn't coming or in development already, if true.

RESIDENT EVIL CODE VERONICA REMAKE

-Resident Evil Code Veronica Remake has been in development for 18 months.

-Hirabayashi is working on it.

-Next game to release after Resident Evil 9.

-Opening sequence has been changed. Claire visits Umbrella HQ in Paris with a group of tourists and sneaks off to steal information. She gets caught and sent to Rockford Island. This section is, allegedly, playable. This replaces the helicopter opening.

-Steve is more likeable.

-Rodrigo's role has been expanded, similar to Luis in RE4R.

-Claire now fights Alexia.

-Chris fights Wesker.

Please let this be true, really want to see RECV. I'm split on the intro change - while that FMV intro is one of the coolest from the time period, it never did make an awful lot of sense to me as far as a setup and seemed a bit jarring. I'm open to it I guess.

RESIDENT EVIL ZERO REMAKE

-Resident Evil 0 Remake has been in development at M2 since 2023.

-Partner Zapping System returns.

-The game will have online coop.

Awesome. Don't care at all about online co-op or changes to the co-op system though, I like Zero the way it is in terms of how it plays (mostly). But it's the most ripe for that kind of decision and I guess it's fine as long as it doesn't impact my single player experience.

CANCELLED GAMES

-Resident Evil Revelations 3 was in development as a Nintendo Switch exclusive starring Rebecca Chambers. Andi has heard that the game was cancelled.
Haven't played Rev 2, but recently played and really loved the first Rev game so from that perspective it's disappointing, but again haven't tried 2.

-This one is supposed to be taken with a massive grain of salt, according to Andi. Unconfirmed rumors have stated that the 2011 tsunami in Japan flooded offices, and files for Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, and Outbreak were lost. This is why there won't be a Remaster Collection unless Capcom decides to use AI in the future.
If that's true, surely much more was lost. Wonder what all that could pertain to.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Which is funny as the main guy behind the Remakes Yoshiaki Hirabayashi is the actual original producer on RE6.
you'd think he would want to fix it

I'm saying! Because everything will likely be remade, I want to see how much corrections will be made regarding it.

I love the choices made for RE4 remake with its story and small details, like Leon actually speaking their language and the first villager you see killing the cops etc. It makes for a more real opening that makes more sense.

In the original, my friends and I would always joke that Leon is actually the bad guy lol

Breaks into someone's home, assumes they speak his language, home owner defends himself, Leon kills him and calls him the crazy one lol

coffinbirth

There was a press release a few days after their earthquake where they reported damages to some of their arcades in the affected areas. I can maybe see them storing arcade boards or whatever in those locations, but the source code and files for console games? That seems kind of odd.
Can't for the life of me remember where I read the thing about a bunch of stuff getting damaged, but regardless, I don't even think these two things would even be related because they supposedly lost all that stuff a long time ago anyways. Didn't they subsequently lose the source code for REmake too? Even that probably happened well before the earthquake. Wild to me that a game developed in 2002 by freaking Capcom wasn't properly archived.

Alan Wake

Capcom USA has concerns about the racism controvery. Capcom Japan is less concerned about this.

:messenger_grinning_smiling:

I'm first in line for a Code: Veronica remake so fingers crossed on this one. I do hope they keep the helicopter opening, though. That was so damn cool at the time and very well made.

Top Bottom