• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo Party (aka The Folder Incident) (bka Backstabbo in the Cabo)

bobbyconover said:

Hey, you played a part as well. Though I do recall Buddy feeling bad for me when I got ripped off on eBay the first time I tried buying the game, which wasn't necessary, but it was nice of him to do so anyway.

Anyway, relating to what junkwaffle said a while back, I wasn't going to mention it, but why the fuck not: has anyone else ever gotten a PM from Folder after you posted some game related tidbit where he asked "So, where do you get your info?" I also got a stupid smiley face, which I'm assuming was meant to mean that he was trying to be friendly.

For anyone else, I would have been more than happy to given an honest an answer, but I had a feeling that he just wanted to potentially jack some info.

He cancels a party last minute and then leaves a 300 tab for buddy

tells buddy he will take care of it, but doesnt contact him

a whole thread waiting for his response and what does he post "good heavens"

I would call that bastardly.....or possibly assholish even.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Kabuki Waq said:
He cancels a party last minute and then leaves a 300 tab for buddy

tells buddy he will take care of it, but doesnt contact him

a whole thread waiting for his response and what does he post "good heavens"

I would call that bastardly.....or possibly assholish even.
Well he's english so the correct term would be wanker.

MarkMacD

boutrosinit said:
C - The AIDS song in Team America makes me laugh every time

Speaking of Team America, this whole "incident" and ensuing thread reminds me of the speech about pussies, dicks, and assholes....

Is this really worth being stickied?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Gaybrush Threepio said:
Nintendo were going to come and fund the night out on Monday, but unfortunately we had to go to another event, Folder should have told you or footed the bill himself, but unfortunately for whatever reasons he didn't do either. I don't really know him very well so it's not for me to say - but on behalf of Nintendo, again we apologise.

I still don't get it.

If Nintendo were going to come and fund, but you had to drop out - why not just fund? I guess most people could understand if you couldn't make it for some reason, but lots of people turned up based on the previous agreement, so for me, while Folder is clearly a knob, Nintendo should still stump up the cash.

FortNinety said:
For anyone else, I would have been more than happy to given an honest an answer, but I had a feeling that he just wanted to potentially jack some info.

It's not like the pathetic sob isn't above jacking other people's stuff.

boutrosinit said:
Dude. You're out of line. Knock it off.

Yeah, seriously. You're friend is a total shithead. He's obsessed with the image of being a big shot. Be a good friend and encourage him to seek some professional help. :)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
MarkMacD said:
Is this really worth being stickied?
Just until the end of the day today - which is the deadline BuddyC's given for an explanation from Folder. After that, his account gets nuked, sp0ng barred, and we all carry on with our lives.

mrklaw said:
If Nintendo were going to come and fund, but you had to drop out - why not just fund? I guess most people could understand if you couldn't make it for some reason, but lots of people turned up based on the previous agreement, so for me, while Folder is clearly a knob, Nintendo should still stump up the cash.

Well, for starters, the amount in question is enough to have accounting ask you for a receipt, and they don't care about what was promised by whom or where. If it's not officially sponsored, they're not going to foot the bill, that's just how it works in the corporate world. Secondly, I don't think Rob came onto this forum and said "WE'RE FOOTING THE BILL," and he's the only person who has authorization to say such a thing.

Socreges

Banned
chespace said:
Jesus Christ, I stay away from GAF for almost 3 days and ... well, not much has changed. :) Except for some funny ass Phoenix Wright screenshots and a photoshop.
...you're an ass. Or maybe there's some 'journalist code' that I don't get.

Loki

Count of Concision
Mermandala said:
6) Foldley Moore (Arthur): Do you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to take a bath.
Sir boutrosinit (Hobson): I'll alert the media.
Foldley Moore (Arthur): Do you want to run my bath for me?
Sir boutrosinit (Hobson): It's what I live for.

:lol

Sho Nuff

Banned
20030723-finalcountdown.jpg

john tv

Gaybrush would indeed seem to be the real Rob. Very nice of him to stop in and explain his side of the situation.

I can vouch for Boutros, BTW. Good man. Folder, on the other hand... I dunno him IRL...

BuddyC

Gaybrush Threepio said:
Nintendo were going to come and fund the night out on Monday, but unfortunately we had to go to another event, Folder should have told you or footed the bill himself, but unfortunately for whatever reasons he didn't do either. I don't really know him very well so it's not for me to say - but on behalf of Nintendo, again we apologise.
Just want to note how much I appreciate you guys taking the time to explain your side of the situation. At least we have some idea of what went wrong.

edit: Didn't mean to plagarize John there, oops.

demi

That's *really* someone from Nintendo?

What an odd name to choose.

Dear Nintendo,

Give me free copy of Nintendogs

love

demi

Socreges

Banned
chespace said:
It's a journalist code undecipherable by dickheads.
A contradiction if I've ever heard one. rofl. Still, I just cracked it. Looks like.... quality bad, dicks small... suffer one, suffer all....

Really, I was just a little taken aback by how you responded. God knows what inspired it.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
chespace said:
It's a journalist code undecipherable by dickheads.

Ain't that the truth. John and Kobun (not dickheads), I send you hot love rays from my friend's sofa in Santa Monica.

And some for Jack Frost, CSG Flash and Duckroll too. :)

Okay. And Andrew.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
What an interesting turn around.

I have nothing of value to add, I apologize. I just wanted to express that I'm sad how this turned out and I think all that represented themselves were awesome guys. BuddyC being the awesomest of the bunch.

EDIT: What I get no Andrew love? :(

heh heh kidding

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
So the deadline passed, is Folder and spong banned yet?

And I disagree with whoever said to ban boutrosinit, he's cool, it's Folder who is a jackass.

duckroll

GSG Flash said:
And I disagree with whoever said to ban boutrosinit, he's cool, it's Folder who is a jackass.

Yeah in this case it seriously looks like a case of the right guy with the wrong friend. :(

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Socreges said:
A contradiction if I've ever heard one. rofl. Still, I just cracked it. Looks like.... quality bad, dicks small... suffer one, suffer all....

Really, I was just a little taken aback by how you responded. God knows what inspired it.

So uh, all cryptic comebacks aside, what exactly was wrong with my initial post that prompted you to call me an ass? And yet, you can't figure out why I'd call you a dickhead.

chespace said:
So uh, all cryptic comebacks aside, what exactly was wrong with my initial post that prompted you to call me an ass? And yet, you can't figure out why I'd call you a dickhead.

did you steal his saturn games too? :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
BTW, assuming Folder doesn't come through, GAF should set up a donation fund for BuddyC. I'd recommend actual participants to donate, but I'm sure some others would too.

In the unlikely event it raises more than needed, either put it to the unending GAF server fund, or split it down the middle and buy Xbox and PS2 games for a local hospital.

Socreges

Banned
chespace said:
Cryptic? I thought it was pretty explicit... :p

Anyway, your first reply in this thread is to essentially shit on what's happening here (however quaintly). Though you did say there were a few funny things! As an exception -- don't quite get that... GAF is often hilarious. Not so terrible in all, but I was more struck with why you'd choose to make that your only reply.

B E N K E

I don't think it would have been any problem to put this on representation with the accountants, but the point of representation is that the PR himself is there. Use the company credit card and write down the names of those participating. You can't really take someone elses receipt. The size of the bill isn't very steep in my opinion... I know of a PR who spent that kind of money on sushi, with just him and another guy, no problem with the accountants. Of course, this is probably varying from company and the PR person involved. Oh, and the accountant in question.

Anyway I'm confident Buddy won't have to pay this himself at the end of this so as far as noone is harmed and the night was a success Folder actually did some good. He did try to get funding but it fell through, and his error was in not informing about it. But given the nature of the plans, people should have expected something might come in between. After all it was E3 week. I have a hard time feeling bad about grown people paying for their own drinks, eventhough it would be bad if Buddy had to pay for more than himself. I get the feeling that a lot of people are calling out for Folder's blood just out of old habit. What he did doesn't sound that bad to me, but of course if he promised to pay he should honor it and contact Buddy directly about it.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
B E N K E said:
I don't think it would have been any problem to put this on representation with the accountants, but the point of representation is that the PR himself is there. Use the company credit card and write down the names of those participating. You can't really take someone elses receipt. The size of the bill isn't very steep in my opinion... I know of a PR who spent that kind of money on sushi, with just him and another guy, no problem with the accountants. Of course, this is probably varying from company and the PR person involved. Oh, and the accountant in question.

Anyway I'm confident Buddy won't have to pay this himself at the end of this so as far as noone is harmed and the night was a success Folder actually did some good. He did try to get funding but it fell through, and his error was in not informing about it. But given the nature of the plans, people should have expected something might come in between. After all it was E3 week. I have a hard time feeling bad about grown people paying for their own drinks, eventhough it would be bad if Buddy had to pay for more than himself. I get the feeling that a lot of people are calling out for Folder's blood just out of old habit. What he did doesn't sound that bad to me, but of course if he promised to pay he should honor it and contact Buddy directly about it.

I'm trying to figure out what that second paragraph actually says, and my mind just goes SOIJSODIJFSIDJFOSIJDFOSIFJ

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Socreges said:
Cryptic? I thought it was pretty explicit... :p

Anyway, your first reply in this thread is to essentially shit on what's happening here (however quaintly). Though you did say there were a few funny things! As an exception -- don't quite get that... GAF is often hilarious. Not so terrible in all, but I was more struck with why you'd choose to make that your only reply.

Right, well I wasn't "essentially" shitting on anything. I just made an innocuous comment about not reading GAF for a few days and coming back to having nothing resolved in this thread (i.e., folder has not given Buddy an explanation).

Your love and defense of GAF is admirable. I feel compelled to apologize for my offensive, almost cursory, post that prompted you to call me an ass.

Socreges

Banned
chespace said:
Right, well I wasn't "essentially" shitting on anything. I just made an innocuous comment about not reading GAF for a few days and coming back to having nothing resolved in this thread (i.e., folder has not given Buddy an explanation).

Your love and defense of GAF is admirable. I feel compelled to apologize for my offensive, almost cursory, post that prompted you to call me an ass.
Wait a second... I realize what I've done. My apologies. I thought you hadn't seen this thread at all.

Top Bottom