• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The plan to move Xbox games to other platforms is codenamed "Latitude" internally

Bernoulli

M2 slut
The plan to move Xbox games to other platforms is codenamed "Latitude" internally, and I know there's debate and unease at Microsoft about whether or not this is a good idea. More upcoming Microsoft-owned games slated for PlayStation are already being developed. While it's true Microsoft is a prolific publisher on PlayStation already, it has typically revolved around specific franchises like Minecraft. From what I've heard, Microsoft is pushing for no "red line" for what games could come to PlayStation, and it all revolves around Satya Nadella and CFO Amy Hood's plans to increase every department's margins.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
564rxs.png

Literally. Maybe now some ppl will start to believe.

Tsaki

The Jez seems to live in his own cope-filled world where Series XS were doing amazing numbers and stupid Nutella came and fucked everything up. Never mind that whatever goodwill/hype the brand had was because Daddy was funneling $80B bailouts from the Server and Office divisions.
No, Spencer deserved to get Bethesda, he deserved to get $1.5B of hardware losses in the first year, he deserved to gobble up the biggest 3rd party publisher on the planet, he deserved to be losing money on a sub service for half a decade.
Anyway, it seems the 3rd party shift in Microsoft Gaming even has a codename, Latitude.

9o0FotX.jpeg

BlackTron

Their real problem is how to tactfully be a third party while pretending to be a platform holder. They have to throw bones to their fanbase to "phase out" while at the same time being committed to an entirely new contradictory direction. The best minds in the business would find this a harrowing position to orchestrate, nevermind Xbox bigbrains. But they probably see this "operation" less as grappling those external challenges and more how to deal with all their own employees.

Going to be interesting if (when) MS releases the games that will get the big sales on PS5. Forza Horizon, Gears 6 (collection) and Indy I think will all be great sellers on PS.

I am evil man and want Gears 6 to release day 1 on PS5 Pro just so I can see the drama.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don't see where the "controversy" is because they've already done it.

Going to be interesting if (when) MS releases the games that will get the big sales on PS5. Forza Horizon, Gears 6 (collection) and Indy I think will all be great sellers on PS.

I am evil man and want Gears 6 to release day 1 on PS5 Pro just so I can see the drama.
Forza Horizon and Gears 1-3 would be huge on PS, definitely agree.

Gears 6, eh. I think 5 killed the franchise.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Doesnt matter the profit margin the CEO Satty wants, if they ever bring Master Chief to the Playstation the Xbox brand is dead

ha! they put dollardollardollar in the article URL

windowscentral com/microsoft/microsofts-quest-for-short-term-dollardollardollar-is-doing-long-term-damage-to-windows-surface-xbox-and-beyond

DJ12

Codename 'Capitulate' would have been more appropriate.
Codename: Admit defeat join or Cannot beat join
Codename: Operation profit (finally)
Codename: Grass IS greener

All more approriate than your suggestion.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I don't see where the "controversy" is because they've already done it.

Forza Horizon and Gears 1-3 would be huge on PS, definitely agree.

Gears 6, eh. I think 5 killed the franchise.
Not really. Their game will sell decently at launch and fall off quickly (like SoT), because the PS installbase doesn't really care that much about Xbox games.
Otherwise Xbox wouldn't be dying.

Last edited:

SoloCamo

Going to have to have solid games to offer if they want this to be successful. Forza Motorsport and Starfield's launches really dampened my hope - such potential launched way too soon. They need to focus and have these games be absolute bangers at launch if they want to gain consumer confidence.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Not really. Their game will sell decently at launch and fall off quickly (like SoT), because the PS installbase doesn't really care that much about Xbox games.
Otherwise Xbox wouldn't be dying.
Forza Horizon is a great game and there isn't anything quite like it on PS, except for The Crew which sucks. I think it would be a big hit.

Gears 1-3, because Gears has never existed on PS. I don't think anyone really will care about anything after, nor should they IMO.

Top Bottom