• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pokémon Company establishes new Pokémon Works subsidiary

Draugoth

Gold Member
Tsunekazu-Ishihara-Pokemon-e-Pikachu-1024x576.jpg

The Pokémon Company has established a new subsidiary, Pokémon Works.

The purpose of the company is unknown. Although the company will share a building with ILCA, it should be noted that ILCA is not owned or operated by The Pokémon Company, though it does have a close relationship given its work on Pokémon Home and the Diamond and Pearl remakes.

Saber

Gold Member
I just hope this means pushing GF off the cliff once for all. Their games have a great potential of going beyond, but GF still lives in the Stone Age.
Pokemon Company really should hire a bunch of experienced devs to their team and let them do their games instead of these clowns of gaming.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I just hope this means pushing GF off the cliff once for all. Their games have a great potential of going beyond, but GF still lives in the Stone Age.
Pokemon Company really should hire a bunch of experienced devs to their team and let them do their games instead of these clowns of gaming.
Roast the fuck out of me but a 2DHD game from one of Square Enix's goon devs would be a welcome change.

Saber

Gold Member
Roast the fuck out of me but a 2DHD game from one of Square Enix's goon devs would be a welcome change.

Anything is better than what GF creates. Its more than just ugly outdated visuals, its just like their games nowadays lacks vision, art and life althogether. I for one would love a 2DHD game, even more so something to the level of Vanillaware artistic drawing. That would be amazing.

Jinzo Prime

The Pokemon Company is a joint venture between Gamefreak, Creatures, and Nintendo, so they own part of the company. There is a close relationship between the companies; Masuda left Gamefreak for The Pokemon Company in 2022.

So the only way we get a main series title developed outside GF is if they agree to it.

Stitch

Gold Member
Game Freak should do their thing but also let other devteams use the license. Like give it to Square Enix and let's see what they can come up with or give it to Koei Tecmo and let them make a Warriors game lol

Top Bottom