• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Prince of Tennis is the one of the worst manga ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-Duo

Let me summarize the latest chapter.
First, the protagonist turns Super Saiyan, and the crowd goes "oooooooo". Then his opponent, who everybody calls "the Emperor" ALSO turns Super Saiyan. Yes, with energy coming out from his body and dust clouds all over and everything.

So then they go for one last serve before winning/losing the championship.
The Emperor decides to hit a high, lob shot - thinking that it will be impossible for the protagonist to return the ball.

What does our hero do?
COOL DRIVE

T_010-011.jpg

He steps on the motherfuckin' referee chair and returns the ball while speaking Engrish.

This is such a terrible series, but for some reason I can't stop reading it just cuz it's so hilarious and ridiculous.

belgurdo

Banned
I got kinda burnt out on these "DBZ with a different gimmick" types of comics a long time ago, but this one seems to have a big push behind it. Maybe I should hit borders tomorrow and flip through it to see why

GG-Duo

oh, believe me, i'm not taking this seriously at all. i just find it hilarious. Kind of a "so bad it's good" sort of deal.

I stopped watching the anime after some guy had a flashback where he lost a tournament.. It showed him standing on the wrong side of the court as the other person served.... Gee, I wonder why he couldn't get the ball? Pure comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom