• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 4 Is Launching Battle Pass-Style Timed Events

Draugoth

Gold Member
Today, EA revealed its plan for Events in a blog post, describing each event as a "limited time experience, centered around a fun theme, with free rewards or gameplay that adds new opportunities to your game."

Each Event is free and offers 8 rewards over the course of 4 weeks, with new rewards being made available each week. This format requires players to launch the game on at least different 8 days to claim every reward.

The first event, titled The Sims 4 Happy at Home Login Event, will become available for all players by June 13 and introduces several furniture items, a few new Sim accessories, and, most notably, a vending machine and a new trait called Practice Makes Perfect.

Source

The Stig

wait, theyre still producing content for sims 4?

I noped out of sims when sims 3 came out with like a billion dollars of DLC at launch

Mowcno

Oh it's just login rewards, you don't actually have to do anything.

If it was a real battle pass you needed to grind progress for I would have LMFAO.

xrnzaaas

It's surprising they're rewarding daily logins only now, you'd assume they already have mechanisms in place for people to keep coming back regularly.

Hudo

wait, theyre still producing content for sims 4?

I noped out of sims when sims 3 came out with like a billion dollars of DLC at launch
I've noped out shortly after Sims 2 released but yeah. Sims 4 is still getting shit because it's the only game that is not from EA Sports that actually brings in money. They are working on Sims 5 ("Project Rene") right now.

Isn't there a decent (or even better) The Sims clone at this point?
There's "Life By You" in development at Paradox. But Paradox have an equally shitty DLC/Microtransaction policy as EA, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom