• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Snitch: PlayStation has acquired a publisher with 'S' in the name

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Assumption GIF by consider.ly - level up your UX research with our GIFs!

Wasn't he and several insiders dead wrong on many things about the May Showcase? And that was just a Showcase; how would they know about a big publisher acquisition on a Sunday night?

This one will be easy to prove if true or false because we'll see a reflection in Sony & Square-Enix's stocks within 24 hours. AFAIK, SE's a publicly listed company, so an acquisition should reflect in the stock adjustments. Sony would have to announce it anyway within that time frame.

I'm not putting any belief into this unless something is officially mentioned by Sony &/or Square-Enix themselves. I'd suggest others do the same.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I'm not putting any belief into this unless something is officially mentioned by Sony &/or Square-Enix themselves. I'd suggest others do the same.

Of course it’s just rumors but Jeff Grubb has said the same thing and he’s got a fairly good track record

Though these leakers probably don’t know anything official, they’ve likely just heard that the two parties are talking seriously

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Well it's definitely a Playstation X Something 😂

Umbasaborne

Banned
Maybe change the title of the thread? I dont know what’s going on with this site latley that these threads that claim something is happening without anything to back them up keep popping up. The last one we had was about StarCraft 3, and the source was a guy saying yep. Maybe this should be “leaked may be indicating that sony acquired square enix”

Raonak

Banned
At this rate, MS are not gonna stop until they buy every publisher. They certainly have the money to do so.

Might as well take the gloves off.

Draugoth

Gold Member
jesus christ Draugoth Draugoth that's not what it says at all lol, that's SOME topic title.

He’s certainly suggesting a purchase of a company titled S

That same slogan P x B was used for Bungie

Maybe change the title of the thread? I dont know what’s going on with this site latley that these threads that claim something is happening without anything to back them up keep popping up. The last one we had was about StarCraft 3, and the source was a guy saying yep. Maybe this should be “leaked may be indicating that sony acquired square enix”

Dont worry, i asked for a title change, the dude is always right so the hype got the best of me

I stand by this is Sony x Square

Last edited:

The Snitch: PlayStation has acquried Square Enix​

past tense?

i mean, i know people want a counterattack. but let's chill for a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom