• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "So you go to College in the Northeast Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to do a Jersey thread but that would be pretty small so I expanded it to the Northeast.

Rutgers University- New Brunswick here.

We are going to a bowl game this year.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................yeah.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
You've gotta be fucking me Popopop, I have a bunch of friends that go to Rutgers New Brunswick.
Rochester Institute of Technology myself.

FoneBone

Wesleyan University in CT. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person on the forum going to a liberal arts school...

=W=

I've been looking into Carnegie-Mellon for grad school. Anybody have any inside info on it?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Zilch said:
Same here.

Awesome! How about our undefeated football team?
So what are you wasting your money on here?

Arc - Allegedly Penn St. and Rutgers might be scheduling a series if the NCAA ok's the 12 game rule.

Looks like we got two liberal arts college kids here :). I expected more. The Northeast is where most of those colleges are located after all...

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
Chalk up another one for Penn State here. We damn well better get to a bowl game this year.... going back on Wednesday, can't frickin wait.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Brendonia said:
Chalk up another one for Penn State here. We damn well better get to a bowl game this year.... going back on Wednesday, can't frickin wait.

Come down to Quizno's. Hell, apply for a job, we desperately need help :p

But we aren't going to a bowl game this year. Even if Austin Scott takes off like he may, the wide receivers and both lines are weak. It's going to be another long year. And those fuckers had the god damned nerve to increase ticket prices after the WORST SEASON EVER.
Piece of shit eating cock sucking bastards.

Representing the Pudding Man's old stomping grounds. Temple film student here, the fun is just about to begin for year numero cuatro.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
FoneBone said:
I visited there, but didn't apply; seemed like a good school, though.
It's a nice little school. Their history professors are awesome, but the course selection leaves much to be desired.

And I really don't like Drew students. Don't know why.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
Haha Quizno's, I eat there all the time. Lived in Beaver Hill last year and I'm living in Alexander Court right next door next year. My former roommate worked there for about 3 days last year and quit.

On the football team.... just hopefully the receivers CATCH THE DAMN BALL and they give Scott the damn ball more. I can't really imagine the offense being any worse this year so hopefully we'll get over the hump a little bit. And yea, this ticket price increase is ridiculous.

Kuramu

HAOHMARU said:
I love the Knight Club and P.Js...

I love N.J., born and raised.

Love NJ. Hackettstown sucks though... j/k haomaru (you know, i never did go check out that crazy tombstone you mentioned).

I graduated from Rutgers already, but still live here... Louis street half a block from the Ale N Wich. If you ever go to the Wich, you WILL see me. I highly recommend getting 2 slices with fresh tomatoes from TaTa's

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Brendonia said:
Haha Quizno's, I eat there all the time. Lived in Beaver Hill last year and I'm living in Alexander Court right next door next year. My former roommate worked there for about 3 days last year and quit.

On the football team.... just hopefully the receivers CATCH THE DAMN BALL and they give Scott the damn ball more. I can't really imagine the offense being any worse this year so hopefully we'll get over the hump a little bit. And yea, this ticket price increase is ridiculous.

Ugh. I fucking hate this job, I wish I'd quit after three days. It's gotten to the point where the customers don't even have to be assholes for me to want to spit on them.

I just don't see these receivers catching the ball. Maybe they are a .500 team, but when you're playing Akron...you're schedule isn't exactly strong.

somnific

=W= said:
I've been looking into Carnegie-Mellon for grad school. Anybody have any inside info on it?

my sister goes to Carnegie-Mellon. very good education, very high stress level. be prepared for little to no sleep, especially if you still intend to have a social life (however, i am unsure whether this applies to grad schooling).

apparently there is a lower than average amount donated from alumni (28 percent). my sister tells me this because schooling there is so consuming that people feel burnt out once they are done and while they are happy that they have graduated, there is generally a feeling of relief about not having to continue school there more than anything else.

not to take away from the school - great education, especially if you handle a heavy workload.

HAOHMARU

I know H'town sucks man...thats why I haven't lived there in almost 7 years. I'm going to see my parents in a few weeks though...DOH!

I know right where you are at...my best friend went to RU and lived on Delafield St. (probably spelled it wrong...it was two blocks from Easton ave.)

=W=

somnific said:
my sister goes to Carnegie-Mellon. very good education, very high stress level. be prepared for little to no sleep, especially if you still intend to have a social life (however, i am unsure whether this applies to grad schooling).

apparently there is a lower than average amount donated from alumni (28 percent). my sister tells me this because schooling there is so consuming that people feel burnt out once they are done and while they are happy that they have graduated, there is generally a feeling of relief about not having to continue school there more than anything else.

not to take away from the school - great education, especially if you handle a heavy workload.
Cool, I've never been afraid of a heavy workload. It actually sounds nice about now, considering how long it's been since I've had work at all.

Kuramu

HAOHMARU said:
I know H'town sucks man...thats why I haven't lived there in almost 7 years. I'm going to see my parents in a few weeks though...DOH!

I know right where you are at...my best friend went to RU and lived on Delafield St. (probably spelled it wrong...it was two blocks from Easton ave.)

Hey, Delafield is just a few blocks from me... and from TaTa's, and from the Ale N Wich.
Seriously, Hackettstown never seemed that bad to me... i'd rather be there than here in New Brunswick. Of course, i'd ultimately rather be back in Sparta, my hometown. Hackettstown was cool because of that college... Seminary or something like that. Many asian girlies :) My friend Mike Brennan was DJ at the radio station. sounded like he was always on downers, but nope. He once took a nap, and i got to play an entire album over the air. McCartney II bootleg.

I was going to go to Rutgers, but I hate commuting, and was afraid of the Herpes. I'm attending Rowan University this year in South Jersey.

HAOHMARU

BobbyRobby said:
I was going to go to Rutgers, but I hate commuting, and was afraid of the Herpes. I'm attending Rowan University this year in South Jersey.

RU - #1 in college STDs!!!!!!!!

Rowan rocks...I've been there a few times. Didn't they change the name a few years ago?

RevenantKioku

Haha Jersey folk all over the place!
Can I hear it for Bridgeton? CRHS grads?

HAOHMARU

Kuramu said:
Hackettstown was cool because of that college... Seminary or something like that. Many asian girlies

Its called Cetenary College...and it is the mecca for all foriegn lesbian Asians. (I kid...I hear it is a great school for women)

HAOHMARU

Yea thats it...I couldn't remember, I just knew it was changed to Rowan. I had a friend that played football for them in the mid 90's.

BobbyRobby said:

Yet another kid falls prey to the urban myth. I've never actually seen the #1 STD statistic documented.

Penguin

I go to Alfred University.

*Hears crickets*

It's in Alfred, New York.

*Hears more crickets*

Ok, just believe me it exists.

HAOHMARU

Sirpopopop said:
Yet another kid falls prey to the urban myth. I've never actually seen the #1 STD statistic documented.

That isn't a urban myth, there was a study done back in the late 90's early 00's that had RU as the #1 college with STDs. I've read it myself...and I have a, um...first hand experience if you know what I mean.

It probably isn't true these days...but back then it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom