• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Talos Principle 2 is 20-30 Hours Long, Has Over 100 Puzzles

Draugoth

Gold Member
The-Talos-Principle-2-1536x864.jpg

Croteam’s long-awaited follow-up to The Talos Principle is finally releasing after years of development. Set years into the future and once again starring robots, The Talos Principle 2 has you solving puzzles to discover the truth about a strange megastructure. In a new trailer, publisher Devolver Digital breaks down everything you should know about the game.

While we know about the 12 new regions, players can expect more than 100 puzzles. The experience takes about 20 to 30 hours to complete, but it’s unknown if this includes any potential side content and secrets. If you’re in it for the story, then good news – there’s a Decryption Key for skipping the tougher puzzles and returning to them later.

nkarafo

Getting the stars in 1st game was amazing. I loved how you had to "break the game" in a way that seemed like it wasn't intentional by the devs to get many of them.

Zuzu

I bought the first game on the Switch and it just feels a bit rubbish to play on there. I might buy it again on the Series X.

Last edited:
I don't see how you can realistically measure the duration of a puzzle game, when one person can stay stucked on a puzzle for day while another solve it in ten minutes

nowhat

As long as this is even half as good as the first one I'm in. Some of the puzzles (especially the optional ones) were really devious, and I'm pretty sure I got through a few by just sheer luck/glitching the game, but hey, if it works...

Last edited:

cireza

This is going to be a definitive day-one for me. Loved the first game.

Looking forward to finding out the secrets hidden into secrets hidden into secrets the developers will have prepared for us.

Wildebeest

I really didn't like the amount of talking and cutscenes in the demo. I'd prefer a special "decryption" key to skip all of that and just do the puzzles.

Top Bottom