• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The translation team behind Baldur’s Gate 3 has apologized a after it left a significant portion of the translation team out of the credits

Draugoth

Gold Member
The translation team behind Baldur’s Gate 3 has apologized and committed to change after it left a significant portion of the translation team out of the game’s credits.

Altragram posted a lengthy statement to Twitter acknowledging the issue and committing to rectify the situation.

The company opened by saying that,

“the omission of translator credits from our contribution to Baldur’s Gate 3 has generated frustration and disappointment among the freelance translator community. We take full responsibility for the omission of our freelancers’ names and apologize for the effects that it had. We are learning from this experience and are reviewing the failures of our internal processes regarding credits,” read the statement.

Hugare

"The names of the Brazilian Portuguese translators will be included"

lol, of course it happened to us

The brazilian translation is pretty great, tho it misses some lines (my Bard speaks English when insulting someone in battle)

Translating a huge game like this and not getting credited is cruel.

Glad that they are fixing it

Drizzlehell

Banned
"The names of the Brazilian Portuguese translators will be included"

lol, of course it happened to us

The brazilian translation is pretty great, tho it misses some lines (my Bard speaks English when insulting someone in battle)

Translating a huge game like this and not getting credited is cruel.

Glad that they are fixing it
I'm surprised that anyone in Brazil would stop playing Tibia for this.

After Psychonauts 2 got review bombed for lacking laungage support, I've started to appreciate when games have lots of languages. Money and time needs to be spent in this area for any big game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom