• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Whopperito: Burger King takes aim at Chipotle with Whopper burrito

Status
Not open for further replies.
$2.99

750x422

Burger King's latest new item is taking a stab at Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc., which is still reeling from a string of foodborne illness outbreaks.

The Whopperito, which puts Whopper burger ingredients like beef, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and pickles inside a flour tortilla, will be sold nationally beginning Aug. 15. A queso sauce replaces the mayonnaise from the hamburger.

Story here, as if you really needed more details: http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-burger-king-whopper-burritos-20160808-story.html

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DeadpoolAsksWhy.gif

I mean, I guess I would try it. But it seems so out there that it sounds unappealing.

Bubba T

This reminds me of the Mac Wrap at McDonalds years ago. It was actually pretty good.

Don't know about this though.

Speevy

Banned
How about this?

A hamburger patty covered in pizza wrapped in a burrito on top of a fried chicken salad that is composed of chili cheese nachos.

Is someone going to actually say "I'm kinda in the mood for some barbacoa from chipotle. Nah, actually what I really want is a macerated ground beef patty with some soggy cooked lettuce."

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Just had one of these thing and it was fucking gross, just stick with the Whopper

tebunker

Banned
This is just as bad as Pizza hut and their million different gimmick pizzas.

Maybe BK should just focus on making their core products better, offer better quality, value and service and realize it is a long game. Chasing lightning in a bottle is such a short term goal. Build up customer and brand loyalty over time with good customer orientied business practices, and you don't have to worry about chasing Chipotle's customers. Who the hell thinks this is the kind of thing those customers want anyway?

I amost feel like the Whopperito is representative of a lot that is wrong with Corporate America today.

skybald

Doesn't Bruget King know their place in the fast food chain? People either go their for a particular deal or their is nothing better around (I.e. Any of their fast food joint). They aren't going to go their because now they have a 'burrito'. And they won't stop going to Chipotle because of this thing.

People go to Chipolte for a slightly higher tier of food. The choice is never Chipotle or Burger King, it would be more like Chipotle or Red Robin.

Doesn't Bruget King know their place in the fast food chain? People either go their for a particular deal or their is nothing better around (I.e. Any of their fast food joint). They aren't going to go their because now they have a 'burrito'. And they won't stop going to Chipotle because of this thing.

People go to Chipotle for a slightly higher tier of food. The choice is never Chipotle or Burger King, it would be more like Chipotle or Red Robin.

Chipotle is still fast food. I'd put it on the same tier as like Dominos pizza or something though

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Chipotle is still fast food. I'd put it on the same tier as like Dominos pizza or something though

As far as I can tell the chipotle ingredients are all "real" meat cheese and produce assembled on the spot, whereas I have had dominos where melted processed cheese granules were still visible and the pizza base had coloring to make it look more baked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom