• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There were leftovers so...Thanksgiving 2 is a go!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Fantastic news for Roth and horror fans. We waited 16 years but man was it worth it. A new bloody holiday classic. I figured this would happen when it remained in the top 5 at the box office but The Marvels didn't lol

Eli Roth is returning to the Thanksgiving table. The filmmaker is developing a sequel to his horror feature, which bowed earlier this month and has grossed more than $30 million globally. It stands as Roth’s best reviewed movie as a director.

Sony’s Tristar plans on releasing the sequel in 2025.

The first Thanksgiving began life as a fake trailer in Robert Rodriguez’s and Quentin Tarantino’s Grindhouse, released in 2007.

“We thought, ‘All right, we’re done. We made the best parts [in the fake trailer]. Now we don’t even have to make the movie,’” Roth previously told The Hollywood Reporter. “But for years, people just kept posting that trailer and badgering me and guilt tripping me, and it worked. Shaming the director worked in this case.”

Top Bottom