• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

These new? Maybe not? UT2007 Shots

olimario

Banned
I havent seen em posted or seen them before, so here they are.
Sorry if old.

I wish to GOD Nintendo would use this engine. Those graphics for Zelda with Nintendo's art and animation polish would look otherworldy.
3894220050820_015827_2_big.jpg

3894220050820_015827_3_big.jpg
3894220050820_015827_4_big.jpg

some shots are worse than others
3894220050820_015827_5_big.jpg

3894220050820_015826_0_big.jpg
3894220050820_015826_1_big.jpg

FightyF

Banned
One of the shots is missing shadows.

Anyways, who knows, maybe Nintendo, like MS, would get a license for this engine. But it really depends on what the Rev turns out to be.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Oh that's hot.

I need UT2007 Manta decaps now

Gattsu25

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
One of the shots is missing shadows.
Just checked...none are.
The shadows in the 2nd and 4th screens might be hard to notice but are there (well...the dood's shadow is there in the 4th screen at least)

Hmm, am I the only one that doens't get that "WOW" effect anymore, if I see a new game? It's just another UT and it really doesn't look that different to UT2004 to me ;)

terrene

Banned
Frankfurter said:
Hmm, am I the only one that doens't get that "WOW" effect anymore, if I see a new game? It's just another UT and it really doesn't look that different to UT2004 to me ;)
Yes, you are. Quit tarding up the world with your limp-dick complaints.

Jeez, looks like PC hardware sales are going to spike in 2007. PC Gaming is too damn expensive for me to keep up with, and I'm not even poor or unwilling to splurge.

PS3 port or bust.

Those look fantastic. I'll definitely be picking this up, probably on the Xbox 360. Just because by the time it comes out, my PC will probably be too old to run it.

Speaking of the Unreal 3 engine, I can't wait to see the next version of America's Army on Unreal 3. Best free game ever.

xabre

Banned
Striek said:
Its good to see PCs can compete next-gen......at 480p.

Eh? What PC games do you see running in 720x480 resolution? I cannot even think of any that would support such a resolution. Don't kid yourself, this game will be running in higher resolutions in a few years than anything you'll see on X360 or PS3.

sangreal

xabre said:
Eh? What PC games do you see running in 720x480 resolution? I cannot even think of any that would support such a resolution. Don't kid yourself, this game will be running in higher resolutions in a few years than anything you'll see on X360 or PS3.

Er.. Who said anything about 720x480?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
These screens are from the realtime demo that was shown at the Games Convention. The lighting and shadowing were really awesome, but the thing that really bugged me is that the building get no damages at all.

that looks nices n shiz, but isnt it really just a few new lighting tricks and, like, smoke and mirrors?

seriously, i get the sense this next generation is going to cause the whole shebang to implode on itself...$40 for wired xbox360 controllers? rumored $60 games? speculation for now, of course, but it's looking a bit grim on the pre-launch side with nothing but shiny graphics, additional polygons and - sorry to repeat myself - shiny graphics...

Striek

xabre said:
First of all its 640*480, the resolution these screens are at. Second of all its a joke. I'm sure with $2000 kit these games will look purty at 1024*768 on PCs. Relax take a chill pill, man people like you and Borys are going to have a hemorrhage waiting for PC gaming to catch up.

Zaptruder

Banned
Blimblim said:
These screens are from the realtime demo that was shown at the Games Convention. The lighting and shadowing were really awesome, but the thing that really bugged me is that the building get no damages at all.

Yeah, no kidding huh? When the stuff starts looking so real, it's only fair to expect that they also act realistically...

well, maybe with the PS3, but I think it won't be until midway nextgen that we can be relatively satisfied with destructible objects, collisions physics and that whole shebang.

Borys

Banned
Striek said:
First of all its 640*480, the resolution these screens are at. Second of all its a joke. I'm sure with $2000 kit these games will look purty at 1024*768 on PCs. Relax take a chill pill, man people like you and Borys are going to have a hemorrhage waiting for PC gaming to catch up.

Haha, no.

But be my guest. And you misspelled $5000 as $2000.

ChrisReid

olimario said:
Because you've proven that you're not really on top of things

I had minimized the window.. and when I opened it up again and saw the picture, I thought we were looking at Gears of War.

Xellotah

ChrisReid said:
I had minimized the window.. and when I opened it up again and saw the picture, I thought we were looking at Gears of War.

:lol Probably due to the fact that the marine looks the same..

Captain commando is gonna be the lead role in alot shooters next gen..

Polari

This is what I was expecting from next-gen. I know it is cliched to say that, but it's true.

Imagine what Square-Enix could do with this.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Borys said:
Haha, no.

But be my guest. And you misspelled $5000 as $2000.
$5000 to play this game at 1024x768? You have no clue about PC gaming do you? For $2k you can play this at 1600×1200.

ejdonk

Frankfurter said:

No, I'm also not really impressed.

123rl

Me neither. Looks no better (or that different) to GoW, Quake 4 and all the other games using this engine

Syb

123rl said:
Me neither. Looks no better (or that different) to GoW, Quake 4 and all the other games using this engine

Gears of War and UT are using the Unreal 3 Engine.

Doom 3 used and Quake IV is using the err, Doom 3 Engine (Dont know the specific name..)

Top Bottom