• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor 3: Ragnarok | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

Igpa0S5.png

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/tom-hiddleston#_

During an interview with Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch might have confirmed that Doctor Strange will appear in Ragnarok.

HIDDLESTON: How did you feel about joining the Marvel universe?

CUMBERBATCH: I felt it was all about the part rather than everything else. I've been to Comic-Con, and it's a very nice way to give back to the fans that drive these things. It was quite scary. I felt like Pink Floyd. It's just like, "Hello, hi," after the fans are all screaming. That side of it is just phenomenal, and it makes me giggle, and I don't know whether I'll get used to that. I can't wait to see how it expands the universe. I'm also part of your crew! It's an amazing cast of actors. And it's the most fun hard work you'll ever do, I think, as an actor. They really know how to treat you right. And the material is challenging, witty, and a lot of fun to do. Doctor Strange is a complex, funny, but exciting character.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://schmoesknow.com/schmoes-exclusive-what-is-ragnarok/44769/

Some new details on Ragnarok:

Taika Waititi is coming in hot with his first foray into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Thor: Ragnorok. The buddy team up is now confirmed to be taking place on the planet Ragnarok. This is opposed to a direct translation to the Ragnarok storyline from the comics. Details are very limited but we can confirm that planet Ragnorok will have a Gladiator meets Mad Max aesthetic.

While on Ragnarok, Thor and Hulk end up having to fight their way out in the arenas. The arenas are run by The Grandmaster who has a rather tough enforcer named Skurge (Karl Urban) who plays a big part in the plot of the film. While fighting in the arenas Thor runs into the beautiful Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson) a fellow contestant. The two earn each other’s respect and plot a way off the planet. Somehow, Skurge turns to the light and helps them escape. How this all unfolds is still a mystery.

I suppose a literal translation of Ragnarok to be the apocalypse of Asgard with death and destruction everywhere was too dark for Marvel? Marvel lowers the stakes and wusses out yet again. Shake my head, Kevin Feige. I'm kidding. It sounds pretty cool I guess.

Sounds like it's got more in common with Planet Hulk than any classic Thor story. Not entirely sure how I feel about that.

It'll be fun as hell but I was kinda hoping this movie would do something big for the Thor mythology of the MCU and primarily be set on Asgard.

Da-Kid

I suppose a literal translation of Ragnarok to be the apocalypse of Asgard with death and destruction everywhere was too dark for Marvel? Marvel lowers the stakes and wusses out yet again. Shake my head, Kevin Feige. I'm kidding. It sounds pretty cool I guess.
This sounds like a part of the movie but completely lacks any details on Asgard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom