• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thousands, Without Masks, Party At Wuhan Water Park In China

kretos

Banned
The Wuhan Maya Beach Water Park reopened in June after Wuhan gradually opened up after a 76-day lockdown and strict restrictions to try and control the spread of the coronavirus.

Thousands of partygoers packed out a water park over the weekend in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, where the coronavirus first emerged late last year, keen to party as the city edges back to normal life.

The popular Wuhan Maya Beach Water Park was filled with people frolicking in swimsuits and goggles for an electronic music festival, many perched on rubber dinghies or wading up to their chest in water.

The water park reopened in June after Wuhan gradually opened up after a 76-day lockdown and strict restrictions to try and control the spread of the virus.

The park -- which local media says has capped attendance at 50 percent of normal capacity -- is offering half price discounts for female visitors.

A performer in a stage show at the front of the water waved at the crowd, packed close and waving their arms back, some snapping photos on phones protected in plastic pouches round their necks.

Another performer on a water jet board entertained his audience by hovering above them with sparks shooting from his back.

Some of the crowd had donned life jackets, but none of the tightly-packed partygoers were seen to be wearing face masks as a DJ in bright yellow headphones played on stage.

The first known cases of COVID-19 emerged in Wuhan late last year, a city of 11 million people, before the virus spread across the world, killing hundreds of thousands and crippling economies.

Mistake

Most of china is not too worried about it now, as long as the country is closed. They finished their lock downs a while ago, and everyone wore masks for months since it was mandatory. Whether or not the virus is still kicking, I have no idea. Probably

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Wow look at all those Trump supporters. If only Trump took masks seriously Fauci and his SG were telling people masks were useless.

Orange Chicken and General Tzao Man Bad.

nush

Most of china is not too worried about it now, as long as the country is closed. They finished their lock downs a while ago, and everyone wore masks for months since it was mandatory. Whether or not the virus is still kicking, I have no idea. Probably

They locked that shit down once they could not contain it. And it seems to have worked, maybe by design they started the lockdown during the Chinese New Year where everybody would be at home and finished travelling.

I'm sure if there was another major outbreak the world would find out about it.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Women get in half price? That's kinda sketchy, at least at a club they can be upfront about it, but a water park it kinda sends the wrong signal.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
"Another performer on a water jet board entertained his audience by hovering above them with sparks shooting from his back. "

21gr1.gif

cryptoadam

Banned
Even the Chinese are so over Corona.

I wonder if CCP has a vaccine or theraputic thats working and like their cocks, its their little secret.

Phase

Those in control seem to want to make the rest of the world like China with their draconian surveillance and biosecurity laws, so I'm sure they don't care about what China's doing now. They played their part.

DESTROYA

Well if I had to guess the pool is full of chlorine and thats a disinfectant so they should be safe .

Im just talking out my ass so FUCK CHINA!

Chaplain

Someone on Facebook that I know claims that China has completely eliminated Covid-19 (the reason for the Wuhan party). Can someone confirm whether this claim is true or not?

Top Bottom