• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three Stooges (Cinemaware) Appreciation Thread

So I finally found the PS1 version of The Three Stooges the other day, used at EBGames for $8.99. Certainly not the best nine dollars I've ever spent on a game, and quite frankly I'm amazed at what Sony will allow on the PS1 now, but hell - the fact that I've been playing this game over and over for the past few days says that there must be some tiny part of it that's fun.

If you're wondering, the PS game is apparently a port of the Amiga version. If my facts are straight. It seems easier than the NES one, but I don't have the NES game around for reference.

I managed to break $15,000 today and got to marry Ma's daughters! Hooray.

THREE STOOGES I APPRECIATE YOU.

shuri

Banned
Back in the days I remember getting like 50$ short of "finishing" the game but then suddenly I hit all the mousetraps in a fucking row.

Game Over. I ejected the NES cart out of room.

Spike

My brother and I are huge Three Stooges fans, so as you can imagine, we absolutely loved this game!! We own the NES original, and had the GBA version. A very fun game starring the funniest men in comedy.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I've played it on Amiga, and never managed to finish it. It was easily one Cinemaware game I liked the least :\

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
played this in crappy EGA glory on the PC back in like 1986 or something. it was fun for a while... but back then, i was mostly amazed at this new fangled technique called digitization, which allowed these sprites to look so much like the real stooges.

yes, i'm old.

----

http://chespace.ogamo.com

Takuan

I LOVED the NES game. Borrowed it from a friend and played it for hours on end. My favorite minigame was the one where you had to run from one side of the screen to another, dodging objects along the way - you'd pick up in speed as you progressed.

bjork

Only Cinemaware I had was Defender of the Crown on C64... I remember being all like, "WOW IT LOOKS REAL"... heh.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
The Amiga original was pretty swank, but not as much fun as Rocket Ranger or It Came From The Desert, imo.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Not to be the hatar of the crowd here, but pretty much all of Cinemaware's games have aged rather poorly.

I bought (not pirated, for a change) the C64 Three Stooges as a kid and loved it, though.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Had this on my Commodore 64. That was a great computer for the large, colorful graphics of Cinemaware games. Racing through the hospital with the Stooges was great!

I liked Rocket Ranger a lot, too.

Top Bottom